Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Avonali

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd

Avonali

Looked up the breeding of Chiara Delight today.

Her dam Avonali has had 17 foals up to this year, producing a Modern Art as well as being served and missing on another 11 times. This year she will be 28 years old.

Is this some kind of record?? I know Blacks a Fakes dam, Colada Hanover has had 16 foals and is only 24 this year.

Chiara Delight is the first trotter that Avonali has produced.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Looked up the breeding of Chiara Delight today.

Her dam Avonali has had 17 foals up to this year, producing a Modern Art as well as being served and missing on another 11 times. This year she will be 28 years old.

Is this some kind of record?? I know Blacks a Fakes dam, Colada Hanover has had 16 foals and is only 24 this year.

Chiara Delight is the first trotter that Avonali has produced.
    Granddam of Beautide had 19 foals. I reckon there'd be higher again out there somewhere.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Reckon your right Breno, I read about Beautide's grandam a while back and I think that some mares in the past might have produced more foals which is amazing. Avonali's daughter Intrude also produced the outstanding Make Mine Cullen.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 01-07-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Tried looking up the record number of foals by a mare yesterday with not a lot of success. The articles I come across are more than likely published by vets. In the articles, They say that a mare can have a foal every year from 3 to 25yrs of age, Barrington Lass(1982) had her 1st foal in 1987 and her last in 2007, it appears she had 20 foals, so she runs very close to the rule mentioned by the publisher. Avonali(1986) had her 1st foal in 1992 and her 16th in 2013 and appears to be still going strong. Colada Hanover had her 16th foal in 2013 and is also still going strong. Mr Basham(Colada's owner) doesn't mess around with ordinary stallions, Colada's most recent are 2 Fillies by Bettor's Delight. It would be interesting to see if Avonali and Colada Hanover have been served again because they could be exceptions to the rule. Barrington lass' foaling record is incredible.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Richard

Colada Hanover died 6hrs after foaling

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Really sad news, I hope the foal survived. Thanks for that Dallas.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I was talking to Eric on Monday and foal is going real good.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    That's great news, I would love to see another Blacks a Fake type running around for Mr Basham.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 01-08-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    20 foals is unbelieveable, she was served the next 3 years and did not get into foal again.

That has to be close to the record.

Amazingly she only won 1 race in 2:10 and 2 generation later had a 1:50.2 winner of the MM. Obviously much different tracks etc, but shows the random nature of breeding.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Gentility(NZ)1986 1st foal in 1993 and her 15th in 2010.
    Black Watch(NZ)1966 1st foal in 1975 and her 15th in 1992.
    Alberfeldy(NZ)1978 1st foal in 1982 and her 17th in 2000 and also had 1 by embryo transfer before 2000.
    Significant(NZ)1979 1st foal in 1984 and her 11th in 2005 and also had 3 by embryo transfer before 2005.
    It appeared to take Black Watch a little while to produce according to the records, she was 8yrs old before she had her 1st foal and then the floodgates opened. Quite astonishing and her 2 daughters Alberfeldy & Significant have also been great producers.

+ Reply to Thread