Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fremantle Cup

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired

Fremantle Cup

Forget The SA Cup,The Bendigo Cup the beyond the black stump pacing cup the biggest Cup on the weekend was the Fremantle Pacing Cup. A brilliant exhibition of speed and endurance on the part of I'm Victorious with master reinsman Mr G.Hall Jnr winning another G1. Didn't Washakie feel the heat? The lack of comments is typical of this forum.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I was to pre occupied focusing on the S.A Cup with Trigger being in it.
    That was a great tough win by IV! Looking forward to seeing IV race against ITMQ in the autumn season.
    Will IV head across to the East, for any of the feature racing?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I reckon he will Smoken and he'll be a tougher competitor next time. It was by far the best Cup race over the weekend and a great drive by Junior.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Forget The SA Cup,The Bendigo Cup the beyond the black stump pacing cup the biggest Cup on the weekend was the Fremantle Pacing Cup. A brilliant exhibition of speed and endurance on the part of I'm Victorious with master reinsman Mr G.Hall Jnr winning another G1. Didn't Washakie feel the heat? The lack of comments is typical of this forum.
    I can only guess Rod, but I reckon 90% of people on this forum are in the eastern states and based on the time difference the Freo Cup was pretty much on at midnite!!! Maybe part of the reason???
    Great run I'm Victorious good to see that success for his Trainer, well done.
    Look out Rod, now here comes the "however"!!!!!
    Pole horse leads unchallenged, IV goes to death, Johnny McCarthy thinks he's driving Pure Steel or a Washakie of 2-3 yrs ago and sits 3wide outside IV for last 900-1000... IV and leader have a small battle, IV too good.
    Now let's compare to the pre race build up of a horse lookin to win the same Group 1race for the 5th time to equal the great Gammalites record and this horse is now 11years old...
    He runs in the death and gets to the lead but locks wheels around the turn (unscripted drama!!!) fights back, gains a little ground on new leader in straight, the horse he battled with all the way down the straight with in the same race last year (de jevu) but goes down by just a head. Now there's a race and it was a Group 1 too!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Yes Ash, Great theatre surrounding Smoken Up's attempt to win his 5th SA Cup and it's a pity he didn't, No disrespect to Carribean Blaster. I sat up and watched the Fremantle Cup and thoroughly enjoyed it. Im Victorious put in an effort Trigger would have been proud of sitting parked for the last 1600 or 1700 before taking out the Cup in a real gutsy effort. Not sure what John McCarthy was thinking popping out way to early on Washakie.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Yes, it was a great race the SA cup and would love to have seen Trigger win it ; just unfortunate that he had trouble with the turns both at Horsham and Globe Derby at that vital moment where you can't afford to give away an inch. Not taking anything away from Caribbean Blaster, a fitting reward for his close second to SU last year. South Australia's night of pacing and being great supporters of Lance Justice and Greg Sugars I'm sure they had a great night.

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    I'm Victorious 1:56:5 over2536m Carribean Blaster 1:57.7 over 2230m. Not difficult to see the better class of race.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Chariots View Post
    I'm Victorious 1:56:5 over2536m Carribean Blaster 1:57.7 over 2230m. Not difficult to see the better class of race.
    I hear what u r saying Ray, but times don't determine the "class" of a race, or that it was a better race to watch.
    If an MO at Menangle run a mile in 1:52 and the FFA that night run 1:53.1 is the MO a better class race?

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Top race big win by IV and jnr. So many sit sprinters coming through the ranks these days good to see IV show his versatility and he proved too tough.

Impressive win and top training effort by Michael Brennan who looks to be heading towards some exciting times he just needs to draw a decent barrier on his next visit to the east.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    What was surprising from this side of the Tasman is the lack of eastern states horses lining up when the stake is $250,000. With all due respect to I'm Victorious, he shouldn't frighten anyone who has watched him race out of W.A. He hasn't shown anything in a handful of starts in the east /Nz than would suggest he is a superstar. A bit different on his own patch for sure but with such a great stake the club must be disappointed with the lack of eastern states intrest.

+ Reply to Thread