Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fremantle Cup

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    [QUOTE=Mighty Atom;29803]The problem is Ash that the SA Cup was the same as last year - a two horse race with the same result, except reversed -
    Yeah actually come to think of it like that it was boring.
    Just like couldn't watch a re run of Blacks A Fake vs Safari in Ballarat Cup, boring second time if was to happen.
    Waverley Star vs Bonecrusher, boring second time round if was to happen.
    How many races did that San Simeon thing win in a row? Over 20? Boring, predictable, over it by the time he got to 7, stopped watchin.
    Same for the little black thing Courage Under somethin...? Won too many, stupid!
    And there's that sit sprinter horse in Perth who wins all the time against his home crowd in those local FFA's they call Group 1's over there, what's his name? I'm Themightysitsprinter?... He's boring, every week runs around the same track against the same horses he beat last week, who's the fastest with little legs around the old fashioned 800m track? No wonder Eastern horses don't go there...(sorry, gettin off track) we were talkin about same 2 horses in the SA Cup just 2 years in a row weren't we...is that a little of an over reaction based on same horses who go around in FFA every week in Perth?
    Same track same horses same result, Quinn's in the paddock someone else gets a chance to win a race, currently I'm Victorious, take IV out David H or the 2nd placegetters last week gets a chance...

aussiebreno
    [QUOTE=Maorisidol;29817]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    The problem is Ash that the SA Cup was the same as last year - a two horse race with the same result, except reversed -
    Just like couldn't watch a re run of Blacks A Fake vs Safari in Ballarat Cup, boring second time if was to happen.
    How many races did that San Simeon thing win in a row? Over 20? Boring, predictable, over it by the time he got to 7, stopped watchin.
    Same for the little black thing Courage Under somethin...? Won too many, stupid!
    And there's that sit sprinter horse in Perth who wins all the time against his home crowd in those local FFA's they call Group 1's over there, what's his name? I'm Themightysitsprinter?... He's boring, every week runs around the same track against the same horses he beat last week, who's the fastest with little legs around the old fashioned 800m track? No wonder Eastern horses don't go there...(sorry, gettin off track) we were talkin about same 2 horses in the SA Cup just 2 years in a row weren't we...is that a little of an over reaction based on same horses who go around in FFA every week in Perth?
    Same track same horses same result, Quinn's in the paddock someone else gets a chance to win a race, currently I'm Victorious, take IV out David H or the 2nd placegetters last week gets a chance...
    Lol. Way to go. Trash possibly the greatest juvenile ever Courage Under Fire and another great with a big streak San Simeon. The racing industry has just had a major boom because some mare won 25 on end, most group 1s by many lengths. Not boring.
    I'm also not sold a horse who can give them over 20m, come wide, and run away from the best in the land in a final quarter 26.7 over 2mile is boring.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Honestly Ash, Nobody has said that the SA Cup was boring. Did you watch the prelim to the cup the other night?? Globe Derby Park was bursting at the seams, and I guarantee you the people went along to watch the mighty Smoken Up V Carribean Blaster show, a possible repeat of last years great race. It looked to be a very good crowd at GP as well for another great race. There's nothing better than watching a horse win a large number of races in a row and great horses attract the crowds and the crowds like to have a punt and the punting dollars goes into our prizemoney. Like it or Lump it, The true Harness fans actually like to watch the races from the west and also New Zealand.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 01-14-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    [QUOTE=aussiebreno;29819]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Lol. Way to go. Trash possibly the greatest juvenile ever Courage Under Fire and another great with a big streak San Simeon. The racing industry has just had a major boom because some mare won 25 on end, most group 1s by many lengths. Not boring.
    I'm also not sold a horse who can give them over 20m, come wide, and run away from the best in the land in a final quarter 26.7 over 2mile is boring.
    Brendan and Rich Prior, did u not read the start of my post and the "quote" from Rod???????

[QUOTE=Mighty Atom;29803]The problem is Ash that the SA Cup was the same as last year - a two horse race with the same result, except reversed -

So Rod is implying in his opinion the SA Cup was boring VS the Fremantle Cup that he thought was more exciting. Feel free gents to read his posts and the flow of the thread to get the gist.
    I am merely very tongue in cheek, and very sarcastically agreeing with him!!!!!!!!!!!
    As if that race was boring.!!!!!!
    And then I went on to very sarcastically very tongue in cheek accuse some of the best pacers we have seen to b boring cos they won so many races... If Trigger and CB are boring cos they run the quinella 2 yrs in a row in Rods opinion, then CUF, San Simeon etc must be boring because they are all a repeat every week too, they raced they won, predictable, boring. (Stupid thing to say, isn't that obvious??????)
    I merely emphasizing that to say such a thing about that race was in my opinion not true.
    Maybe Rod could ask the people who were in SA if it was boring or if they as honest trots fans thought the Freo Cup was more exciting?
    If they were disappointed in the race,
    If Paul and his son who were there were bored and left as CB and Trigger dualled half way up the straight, " oh crap Dad, bloody just Trigger and CB battling again up the straight again like last year, stuff this lets go home"
    Sorry, next time I will add in brackets when I am being blatantly obviously sarcastic.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    [QUOTE=Maorisidol;29817]
    The problem is Ash that the SA Cup was the same as last year - a two horse race with the same result, except reversed -
    Ash, your seething jealousy needs psychiatric attention. So while you're out there regurgitating the same old excreta regarding Perth pacing I'll redefine what I've said before. If your horses are so good the $ 650,000 would be like taking candy from a baby - there for the taking. But once again no show instead preferring to race on that other old fashioned track Globe Derby for peanuts. At least the connections of Washakie are prepared to have a go. Try disguising your vitriol with a little more subtlety if you don't want to be thought of as a fool.

aussiebreno
    [QUOTE=Maorisidol;29824][QUOTE=aussiebreno;29819]

Brendan and Rich Prior, did u not read the start of my post and the "quote" from Rod???????

So Rod is implying in his opinion the SA Cup was boring VS the Fremantle Cup that he thought was more exciting. Feel free gents to read his posts and the flow of the thread to get the gist.
    I am merely very tongue in cheek, and very sarcastically agreeing with him!!!!!!!!!!!
    As if that race was boring.!!!!!!
    And then I went on to very sarcastically very tongue in cheek accuse some of the best pacers we have seen to b boring cos they won so many races... If Trigger and CB are boring cos they run the quinella 2 yrs in a row in Rods opinion, then CUF, San Simeon etc must be boring because they are all a repeat every week too, they raced they won, predictable, boring. (Stupid thing to say, isn't that obvious??????)
    I merely emphasizing that to say such a thing about that race was in my opinion not true.
    Maybe Rod could ask the people who were in SA if it was boring or if they as honest trots fans thought the Freo Cup was more exciting?
    If they were disappointed in the race,
    If Paul and his son who were there were bored and left as CB and Trigger dualled half way up the straight, " oh crap Dad, bloody just Trigger and CB battling again up the straight again like last year, stuff this lets go home"
    Sorry, next time I will add in brackets when I am being blatantly obviously sarcastic.
    yes the BAF/Safari and Bonecrusher/our Waverley star was blatant sarcasm. While I didn't think so, I will take your word San Simeon and CUF was sarcasm. As for Quinny, no way was that sarcasm. Your past efforts defeat you there.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Would like to apologize for any perceived attack on the S A pacing Cup and Globe Derby; it was not my intention, and certainly no intention to demean Smoken Up's attempt to win a record 5 S A Cups.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Let me firstly say I love watching/punting at Gloucester Park, but I totally understand why trainers/owners don't take their good horses over. If u don't lead, it's tough to win. Exceptions recently are of course Quinny & IV but they are locals who apart from being extremely good have characteristics that suit GP. There have been numerous eastern state horses in the past 5-10 yrs travel over, start short price fav and fail. Just recently we saw Bit Of A Legend have 5 starts at GP against opposition far inferior (perhaps for 1 or 2) for only 1 win.......when leading. In months prior he'd finished 4th in two very strong Derbys + won a breeders crown by 10m. The reason he failed was the GP racing style didn't suit. A lot of the big races are won by leaders or those on the pegs and I can't see good horses travelling across the country to go 3 back the pegs (right where washakie should have stayed)

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Sounds good in theory Brent but here is the reality of the last 10 Pacing Cups in WA

Leaders have won two, breeze horses have one two, three wide without cover at the bell have won one and the other five have been won by horses trailing up three wide at the bell. Not one winner has raced on the pegs with a trail.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Chariots View Post
    Sounds good in theory Brent but here is the reality of the last 10 Pacing Cups in WA

Leaders have won two, breeze horses have one two, three wide without cover at the bell have won one and the other five have been won by horses trailing up three wide at the bell. Not one winner has raced on the pegs with a trail.
    I never used the pacing cup as an example Ray. I was just trying to point out that 'generally' u need to be on the pegs at GP (more so in higher graded races) a lot more so than any other track in Australia/NZ. I'm sure they are helpful, but I'm not one to use stats, I prefer to trust my eye, which over the years has told me to look for horses that will be following the pegs home.
    I did however take 10 minutes out to look at some results....it's only a very small sample but alarming nonetheless. Discounting wins by IV there have been 15 listed (or better) races run at GP this racing term of which the winner has led 11 times and sat leaders back once. 12 out of 15 with an average starting price of $2.78. Cheers

+ Reply to Thread