+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Fremantle Cup

Member Yearling HarnessFan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jeroen Nieuwenburg
    Horses
    Hokonui Ben Dartmoor Countess Jill
    I am grateful that I have experienced a situation where a very good horse has on this occasion won a truly great race. Grateful for my luck and grateful for all the people that made it happen. Exciting that my horse can now be mentioned in a place in history alongside the likes of ITMQ and also those great horses from the east.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Congratulations mate.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Congratulations Jeroen! Gary Hall Snrs 8th I believe (since 2003).

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Jeroen, I live in a harness racing wilderness in this part of the world. The biggest buzz out of being part of the forum for me, is connecting with some like minded folk who hold the sport closest to their heart...(They ALL know who they are). Most of the action for me is limited to the small screen, but when a forum member gets a win (if I am on them or not)(if it be Tamworth, Horsham, Pt Pirie or the major centres), I get a huge kick.

Congratulations buddy. Massive effort, celebrate long and hard, you have the genius's of the West looking after your interests admirably (Sorry Rod, I was talking about the Halls lol), again cheers.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Congratulations Joroen! You must be over the moon

Member Yearling HarnessFan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jeroen Nieuwenburg
    Horses
    Hokonui Ben Dartmoor Countess Jill
    Thanks for the kind words guys. The feeling is truly amazing even watching from a TV here in QLD. I get a great buzz from the odd win at Redcliffe too.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Not taking any accolades away from Hokonui Ben but just read that I'm Victorious carted a flat tyre sitting out three wide for the last 1100 metres.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 01-22-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Junior Member Foal ifyousayso will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    james dennis
    Nice win HB. Cant take anything away from him. Ill admit i was on IV. Was disappointed in his run on the night.

but before IV gets bashed it seems everything that possibly could have gone wrong for him did so to be beaten 11m prob actually a very good run.

anyway this is what i just read this from the article on the harness link site.

"Im Victorious started from the inside of the back line and Hall drove him hard early in an attempt to get off the pegs and into the one-wide line. However, when Im Victorious was in fourth position 150m after the start he was checked, raced roughly and lost two lengths. The stewards found that Ima Rocket Star (Colin Brown) had shifted down when not clear of Im Victorious. They suspended Brown from driving for 23 days.
    After this early setback Hall jun. urged Im Victorious forward with a three-wide burst 400m after the start. This caused Kyle Harper, in the breeze with Bettors Fire, to speed up and resist the move. This sudden acceleration opened up the field and Hall was able to immediately slot into the prime one-out, one-back position.
    Harper then rated back in the breeze, with Bettors Fire almost two lengths behind the pacemaker. Clint hall then was able to get Hokonui Ben to relax, without being under any pressure. No further moves came until Hall jun. eased Im Victorious out from the one-wide line 1300m from home. Hall was half-carting, and Ima Rocket Star, who had been trailing Im Victorious in the one-wide line, contacted the nearside sulky wheel of the favourite.
    This flattened the tyre, putting Im Victorious at a significant disadvantage. Im Victorious then began a three-wide burst to be fourth at the bell, but he was unable to get past Bettors Fire and had to race out wide for the remainder of the race. He looked a spent force passing the 400m mark and finished sixth"

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    G Hall Jnr was given a $200 fine for trailing the wheel of another runner. As it turns out, that fine pales into insignificance given that it resulted in him getting a flat tyre and IV losing his chance.
    C Hall was suspended 28 days and fined $1k for an incorrect whip action. "In determining penalty Stewards were mindful of his poor record in relation to whip offences."

+ Reply to Thread