Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Fremantle Cup

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Divisive?? Are you even half serious? He was luckier to win the mm than baby bling. He went around at twentiess in the mm then travelled half the globe to come within a metre of winning the wa cup. If anything he is proof of the contrary. He wouldn't tack a shoe on BAF or SU. Please.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    Divisive?? Are you even half serious? He was luckier to win the mm than baby bling. He went around at twentiess in the mm then travelled half the globe to come within a metre of winning the wa cup. If anything he is proof of the contrary. He wouldn't tack a shoe on BAF or SU. Please.
    From what I can see head to head record Divisive 3 to Smoken Up 1. And one Trigger beat him home in was Hunter Cup when Divisive started fave...on the back of sitting outside Smoken Up and beating him. Then Divisive runs straight past Trigger in Inter semi and Inter final.
    Ps BAF and Smoken Up shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. One is a 4 time ID winner and won a Hunter Cup off 30m...the other wins Vic FFAs but has something like a 1in11 record in Vic G1s and fills his G1 win pockets with sub standard SA Cups and Len Smith Miles.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    From what I can see head to head record Divisive 3 to Smoken Up 1. And one Trigger beat him home in was Hunter Cup when Divisive started fave...on the back of sitting outside Smoken Up and beating him. Then Divisive runs straight past Trigger in Inter semi and Inter final.
    Ps BAF and Smoken Up shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. One is a 4 time ID winner and won a Hunter Cup off 30m...the other wins Vic FFAs but has something like a 1in11 record in Vic G1s and fills his G1 win pockets with sub standard SA Cups and Len Smith Miles.
    Wow, so Brenno are u implying that in your opinion Divisive was a better pacer then Smoken Up?
    Is that what u publicly wish to announce to this forum?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Wow, so Brenno are u implying that in your opinion Divisive was a better pacer then Smoken Up?
    Is that what u publicly wish to announce to this forum?
    Comment was made Divisive wouldn't tack a shoe on Smoken Up. All I done was argue that point. Hard to compare a star juvenile who we never saw the best of due to injury at an older age against a warhorse who has been at the top for season upon season. But in their head to head clashes I think it's fair to say Divisive got the better of Smoken Up.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Comment was made Divisive wouldn't tack a shoe on Smoken Up. All I done was argue that point. Hard to compare a star juvenile who we never saw the best of due to injury at an older age against a warhorse who has been at the top for season upon season. But in their head to head clashes I think it's fair to say Divisive got the better of Smoken Up.
    Would u also agree that the Smoken Up of Divisive days is not as good as the Smoken Up we have seen in the last 3-4 years?
    And I think u failed to mention that other mile race Menangle has that's a Group 1, isn't it called the Miracle Mile, twice he won I believe? And was the Victoria Cup a Group 1 too? Funny u missed those trying to talk him down...

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Would u also agree that the Smoken Up of Divisive days is not as good as the Smoken Up we have seen in the last 3-4 years?
    And I think u failed to mention that other mile race Menangle has that's a Group 1, isn't it called the Miracle Mile, twice he won I believe? And was the Victoria Cup a Group 1 too? Funny u missed those trying to talk him down...
    somebody skimming over things and only looking at the negatives when talking about a horse. Who does that sound like?

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    I was told as a young fellow never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Smoken up v divisive? Wow!! I didn't think that was a debate. Can you remember Divisive Brenno or are you just looking at your results page?
    No one who seen them race could honestly put something so ridiculous forward. Maybe sneak through your results page and see how many times divisive drew barrier one in a big race, sucked the pegs not spending a penny and came away with the bikkies?

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Trigger definitely was not at his best in the years racing against Divisive. I liked watching Divisive's big
    Sprint I must say. Trigger is just something very very special. Look at what he is doing @ age
    11.. Mind boggling, & scary thing is, it seems he is peaking at the right time
    What a run by Trigger in the Shepparton cup.
    Will he rest for the fortnight to run in the Hunter Cup, or run in the Ballarat cup, pure steel?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    I was told as a young fellow never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Smoken up v divisive? Wow!! I didn't think that was a debate. Can you remember Divisive Brenno or are you just looking at your results page?
    No one who seen them race could honestly put something so ridiculous forward. Maybe sneak through your results page and see how many times divisive drew barrier one in a big race, sucked the pegs not spending a penny and came away with the bikkies?
    No, I remember Divisives 3yo year drawing the pole in all the Derbies. In fact I remember getting old man putting a bob EW for me on Divisive and Take the Oath in a race at HP when they were 2yos. I remember Melpark Major being good thing beat in that Miracle Mile and BAF having back problems. I remember Melpark Major sitting 3 wide at Kilmore and beating Smoken Up. In early 2008 Smoken Up ran within a length of Blacks a Fake three times. I think it's fair to say he was at his best. 2009 Blacks A Fake gives him 30m and beats him. 2010 Inter at Menangle BAF beats him by over a length. And year by year BAF was slowly losing his brilliance, so Smoken Up entitled to get closer not further away. What changed was BAF, Monkey King, Safari, Divisive and Changeover retired...when Smoken Up and Mr Feelgood went from being one of a bunch at the top to favourites in anything they started in by default. The worrying thing is he still found horses to beat him in all the big races (apart from Miracle Miles). The big race he did win Vic Cup 2011 and Feelgood ran 2nd btn a head after sitting outside him!!
    So apart from maybe winning more of the Vic FFAs by virtue of running in more of them he didn't really improve any at all and his big race record shows this.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 01-19-2014 at 09:57 AM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Trigger definitely was not at his best in the years racing against Divisive. I liked watching Divisive's big
    Sprint I must say. Trigger is just something very very special. Look at what he is doing @ age
    11.. Mind boggling, & scary thing is, it seems he is peaking at the right time
    What a run by Trigger in the Shepparton cup.
    Will he rest for the fortnight to run in the Hunter Cup, or run in the Ballarat cup, pure steel?
    You mean race week to week? I was told back in Nov just after the Miracle Mile that he couldn't handle racing back to back two weeks in a row. And here he is now running three weeks in a row! Surely he gives this week a rest because that would be 5 weeks in a row.

Edit: actually maybe the SA Cup only counts as track work given usual strength of the race.

+ Reply to Thread