Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Race Agender

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    44.5 degrees at Charlton at 1.30 pm today. Hotest in the state. Similar forecast for tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. My heat rage will be off the scale!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    And the temps we get from the BOM are of course in the shade - our poor horses race in the sun. I will have to look up this 'wet bulb temperature' they talk about when discussing the heat for the tennis players (pg. 6 of today's Age) - I am figuring it might be the same as the Apparent temp (what it feels like) in the column next to the actual temp, on BOM charts

HOTASEL has to be the omen bet in Race 5 at Mildura tonight ( a Cramp horse so he probably only has the other Cramp horse to worry about)
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-14-2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Tip
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    And the temps we get from the BOM are of course in the shade - our poor horses race in the sun. I will have to look up this 'wet bulb temperature' they talk about when discussing the heat for the tennis players (pg. 6 of today's Age) - I am figuring it might be the same as the Apparent temp (what it feels like) in the column next to the actual temp, on BOM charts

HOTASEL has to be the omen bet in Race 5 at Mildura tonight ( a Cramp horse so he probably only has the other Cramp horse to worry about)

Thanks for the heads up Kev...had to put my scientific hat on for this mystic tip of yours. I fully "Embraced" your guidance, knowing how "red hot" the Cramp team is at Mildura...BAZINGER!! It paid off, my lucky number '7' to 1...(no bull)

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I hope Luke Watson is alright after that fall in the 6th after tumbling out of the gig when he had the race at his mercy up the straight...

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    OMG here is the replay, Luke was indisposed for the last race...maybe someone can let us know how he is from down that way.

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#MLC14011403

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Certainly OMG, hoping he is just bruised but it sure looked nasty - did his seat break or something?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    I can not see any reason (other than TAB) that during summer tracks that have lights should be having anything other than night racing, its not just the racing in it but also the travelling to and from meetings in the heat especially in the country where we are usually travelling well over an hour to get to a meeting sometimes 3-4 hours.
    Twilight racing still lands the first 1-2 races in the heat of the afternoon especially if the club has a large race program, there is a scratching policy if the heat reaches 38 i think it is in the 24 hours leading up to race time which would be well used if you know your horse cant handle the heat, but why be in that position in the first place.
    I know we simply wont nominate at a day or twilight meeting while the weather is like this, with the cool change that is said to be coming and possible showers forecast for sunday ive put one in at orange (because he needs it as weak as possible), they start at 2.30 and last race 4.30 if the forecast is wrong than he wont be going, but being a non tab meeting it could have raced anytime of the day or even 5.30 till 7.30 no lights needed so why a 2.30 start, we cant say that one was the fault of the tab?
    Yes its fine for me to sit here and ask why, im not making the races up etc but they are questions that should be being asked by the big guys that get listened to not just the little guys whose questions seen to float in one door and out the other, but then i also think we are turning our own kids away from the sport by not being able to take them to the races with us but that's another story

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    43 Scratchings at Charlton. Not good for Man or Beast to be out in that heat.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    The Big Guys seem to forget that the Little Guys make up the Majority. Surely you would think that in the future, The Clubs and the TAB could get their heads together and program night racing during the historical hotter months of January and Febuary. I know that our industry is driven by the almighty dollar, but common sense must prevail sooner or later, the participants and their animals must be looked after first and foremost and I'm sure that the people going along to watch would appreciate the relief from the heat.

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    I know we need the TAB yes, but without the horses, dogs and participants they don't exist, they would have to start training flea's to bet on and I cant see the majority of punters getting out of their comfy chairs in their air conditioned houses or pubs to train anything, so there wouldn't be much racing happening

+ Reply to Thread