Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: APG Heats

Member Gelding Zipper will become famous soon enough Zipper's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Mango, I saw his run at Shepparton... It was arrogant!! It looked like an older horse taking on 2yo's, he just brained them. But he still went rough when he circled the field, looked like he was very close to breaking stride. And the form of the second horse since isn't strong.

Interesting to hear Adam Hamilton on In the Gig this morning say that they have 'officially applied' to work him at Melton prior to the next round of heats. Clearly they are worried about him if they are doing this type of stuff....

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Zipper

Arrogant at Shep is correct and i do believe if he is managed right and they let him mature they could have a seriously nice horse. But the problem is that all the money is in the 2yr pold events so i can't see them backing off. It's not always the best horse that wins these races but the horse with some ability and race day manners.

Junior Member Foal sdog will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Everyone is quick to point out Gamechanger's faults, Fly Like an Eagle was no angel around the home turn on Friday night running off......

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Sdog

Take a look at all of Fly Like an Eagle's run's and then Gamechanger's and then you will understand what i'm talking about.

triplev123
    G'day Sdog,

I don't see it as being a fault that Gamechanger is probably a big track horse, not at all.
    In fact I see it as a HUGE blessing. Menangle is where the majority of $$$ is going to be.

He's obviously a good sized, physically & mentally strong horse that has a good length of stride and he can carry his top speed deep into the mile.

Perhaps he was being nursed a little here & there on the turns and yet he still went in 54 & change, drawing away under minimal urging inside the final 100m or so. That makes me wonder what sort of miles could he post without the tangled gear & with the addition of a year or two or more's worth of maturity.

Some might scoff the comparison but there's a lot about Gamechanger that reminds me of a young Shark Gesture & he went on to pace in 1:48.1 & earn $2.8million.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    G'day Sdog,

I don't see it as being a fault that Gamechanger is probably a big track horse, not at all.
    In fact I see it as a HUGE blessing. Menangle is where the majority of $$$ is going to be.

He's obviously a good sized, physically & mentally strong horse that has a good length of stride and he can carry his top speed deep into the mile.

Perhaps he was being nursed a little here & there on the turns and yet he still went in 54 & change, drawing away under minimal urging inside the final 100m or so. That makes me wonder what sort of miles could he post without the tangled gear & with the addition of a year or two or more's worth of maturity.

Some might scoff the comparison but there's a lot about Gamechanger that reminds me of a young Shark Gesture & he went on to pace in 1:48.1 & earn $2.8million.
    lets not get carried away just yet. The horse has won nothing of any note ...yet. He may very well do so, but he is by Pres Ball and history says that not many of them go on past their 3yo days. As for the comparison with Shark Gesture, well thats just plain ridiculous!!

buster
    Cmon mighty mo your just being bias, they are both horses who will win 200k

Sdog I think it's obvious that we rate purdons horse as well but there is just more to talk about with gamechanger because of galloping

triplev123

Zooooooooooooooooming by

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
    Bystander - What in the bloody Hell was that?
    Casual Observer - Mightymo blowing by the point of that comparison.
    Ridiculous you say? Here's me thinking the parallels to be drawn between Gamechanger and Shark Gesture as a youngsters are obvious by way of them both being good sized, strong, big gaited, fast colts that were unquestionably big track horses as a result of all that..and with all that being further underlined by the fact that here & there both brush/brushed a knee a bit on the bends. If you get an opportunity watch 'The Minister Of Speed' driving SG throughout his career compare it to JDP driving Gamechanger at Shepparton and again the other night at Menangle. Hopefully you'll see what I am getting at. Then again, maybe you are just getting old & cranky.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    Cmon mighty mo your just being bias, they are both horses who will win 200k

Sdog I think it's obvious that we rate purdons horse as well but there is just more to talk about with gamechanger because of galloping
    i dont think Ive been talking up the Eagle at all even thought he has already won almost 100K and beaten the best in NZ going 1.55.9 at Alex Park.

Gamechanger may well be as good, possibly even better, but he hasnt done it yet. Lets watch the APG final and then we can see what he is made of

triplev123
    Hey Mightymo,

Do you think that the leader will get a middle half in 64.1 in the Final?

+ Reply to Thread