Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shepparton Gold Cup

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I personally would like to see the Gold Ace run, BUT.. Rules are rules, so if they bend rules when they feel like, or for a particular person or horse, then it is clearly unfair why they wouldn't do the same for others. Let's not forget that TGA is considered and unruly standing start horse, in NZ, the last 12 months anyway..
    So in saying that, they should change the rules for next years Hunter Cup, & TGA should run in the Pure Steel.

HRV
    RULE
    In every year since 2007, it has been a condition of the AG Hunter Cup that ‘A horse must have contested and began safely in a minimum of one standing start race in the 12 months prior.’
    Last edited by Smoken; 01-20-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Both horses have already met the conditions and are both certain starters surely Smoken. The Gold Ace has won the Shep Cup. He began safely, he galloped AFTER the start. SU has contested the Shep Cup and began safely, his brilliant form will ensure he starts.

Conditions for Hunter Cup from HRV http://www.harness.org.au/programme-...&submit=Submit

This is the reason SU was overlooked last year http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=19814

I cannot see what the debate is about!!!????

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps

Thumbs down

I am happy that TGA is allowed to run on a personal level, but seriously... How does the HRV clearly state he is a non runner yesterday, then today decide to interpret the "rules" differently?
    Did they see the replay wrong yesterday? Under the rules, TGA didn't begin safely, and that happened while at the beginning. Did the steward simply follow the rules that were stated?
    Now it all depends what we perceive as beginning.. Is it the first second? The first few seconds until horses find there positions? Do HRV know the meaning of there rules/policies/procedures, or is it open to flexibility on personal discretion?
    I for one know more than a few people that are not happy with the decision, based on principle alone.
    I know the reason Trigger didn't go through last year, but why not see common sense and let him run since it was only 2 months over? You will Say rules are rules, and that's fine, but the same applies here.
    Mick Guerin thinks TGA start wasn't "too bad" but too bad is still not good enough for the so called rules. Lance would be ***** off!!!
    They should have changed it next year, as it looks pretty bad and unprofessional, & it clearly shows to me, that they just changed the rule, because they are the authority that can. SUX!
    Last edited by Smoken; 01-20-2014 at 12:44 PM.

aussiebreno
    What is everyones problem? It is great news for trainers of 2yo trotters. They will no longer need to teach their horses to get away cleanly and safely. Also great news for those who need to hold the tape and qualify them. They won't need to hang around at the trials for Take 2 and Take 3, just say the first attempt 'wasn't too bad".

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I was unaware that HRV had said yesterday he is a non runner yesterday, but clearly have reviewed that decision (correctly), he only galloped when the horse in front of him inconvenienced him. Correct call...don't often see justice, just stupid by the book rulings!

And have only just read this now Smoken which puts the whole matter to bed.

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=22518

That drive by McCarthy would have to be one of the best I have ever seen getting TGA home the other night...the only difference between the two horses.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    And I also thought these were the RULES regarding standing starts...

A horse must not delay the start through intractability. It must leave the barrier at its correct gait and then negotiate the first 300 metres without losing gait or rhythm and complete the trial/race

I would say that's black and white.
    Surely they don't make decisions on personal preferences.....

Since TGA began safely, I use that word very loosely, then no ODS for him.. Lance should have been better buddies with John Anderson, or not so outspoken... Damn!
    Last edited by Smoken; 01-20-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Do you think an injustice (sic) has occurred or not?

Has the horse fulfilled the conditions of entry for the Hunter Cup or not?

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Going by there rules/policies, there is no way he could have. The hrv rules clearly state that for itself.
    How can TGA be ODS when he began "safely", or will they change that clause as well?

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I think you will still be debating this well after they have crossed the line in the Hunter Cup. Obviously you are not comfortable with the review or the ruling that they have come up with, I am. So is HRV, so are the connections of TGA (I would imagine). I would think that Lance would be pretty philosophical about it.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I agree that I am not happy about it for the reasons of integrity, something that Harness racing seriously lacks.
    The rules have been posted for everyone to see for themselves. It really does not matter about what the consensus is, it's about the facts of the rules, which I repeat have not been adhered to.
    I bet that Lance is pissed as **** to be honest!
    It truly seems that HRV bend the rules when they want to, & for who they want to.
    That's a good assumption to make or at least plausible.
    I would also think, when HRV made there initial decision regarding TGA, I am sure they looked at the replay through different angles etc etc..
    Lame excuse that they now come up with! ICT was not the cause of TGA galloping!
    HRV are trying to rewrite/replay reality...
    Last edited by Smoken; 01-20-2014 at 02:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread