+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballarat Cup

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps

Ballarat Cup

What do you think fellas?
    If TGA doesn't hand up to Trigger, I believe he will compound!
    If Trigger finds the front, without going crazy, he is a big chance!
    Carribean Blaster has to be a very big chance now, especially if Trigger doesn't cross TGA.
    C'mon Trigger, shoot them dead

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    What do you think fellas?
    If TGA doesn't hand up to Trigger, I believe he will compound!
    If Trigger finds the front, without going crazy, he is a big chance!
    Carribean Blaster has to be a very big chance now, especially if Trigger doesn't cross TGA.
    C'mon Trigger, shoot them dead
    No sprint lane at Ballarat Smoken!
    So too great a chance Gold Ace MAY not get out...
    Lance will push to try and lead of course, test the water, but TGA very fast mobile beginner, it all gets to what Luke wants to do.
    Unless absolutely smashed i cant see TGA "compunding" as i have said hes a new different animal with Team McC and i believe will continue to improve. He certainly wont do a Bitobliss on us...
    With Christen Me in this week also puts a new dimension on a swooper flying home, even tho he supposedly hasnt been going well lately. Hes too good to dismiss.
    Caribbean Blaster going well cant be dismissed based on a potential war upfront.
    Cant see anyone else winning outside those 4 realistically, however how much did Highview Tommy pay 2 years ago when he pipped Sushi?
    The draw means it wont be boring, lookin forward to a great race!
    Looking forward to a great night with our best Trotters too, GO BLITZ!!!
    Last edited by Maorisidol; 01-21-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    TGA if has an easy lead, will also be hard to beat, & since the Hunter Cup is following week, I can't see Lance busting Trigger, or I at least hope not. ABOP has to be considered for a place chance, if TGA has an easy lead in front. Who do you guys think will be on the back of CM? Or will CB pull out early and have CM on the back of him?
    Could KC go all out at the start, as he is a very quick beginner? That's his best chance to be in the finish. Can't wait!
    Last edited by Smoken; 01-21-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Hey Ang, after the Miracle Mile I called out Lance for being a poor sport re Trigger needing 2 weeks between races. It differed from the regular chestnut of going too slow in front, which I suspect was used last week ? I remember you taking offence to it, Lance knowing his horse etc

Saturday will be the fourth week in a row Trigger has gone around. South Oz to Shepparton off 30m in the midst of a heat wave.

I don't think the two starts in a fortnight was why he got run over at Menangle ... I think he went too slow in front

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Re the Shep Cup, I've said it numerous times on this forum, Luke is the best big race driver I've seen in the 30 years I've been following the sport. He rarely if ever misses a beat and he pulled their pants down again last week.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    The miracle mile run of Trigger was awful Bob, and extremely uncharacteristic of Trigger. There had to be some explanation?
    Maybe he has hit over all form now? I have no idea, but I do know he is racing great, & I hope he doesn't get busted this weekend, as there are bigger fish to fry next week

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Tell me why you wouldn't want a 11yo winning Group 1 races?
    Does anyone have a common sense reply to this??

http://www.sportismadeforbetting.com...eview.html?m=1

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Tell me why you wouldn't want a 11yo winning Group 1 races?
    Does anyone have a common sense reply to this??

http://www.sportismadeforbetting.com...eview.html?m=1
    Because it shows that either (or a mix of) the race isn't that strong (which can happen time to time but I don't think applies to Ballarat Cup) or more worryingly that the younger brigade haven't stepped up and aren't as good as those that came before them. It's a bit of a let down in sport (and anything really) when things stagnate or worsen, people crave expansion and bigger and better things. If an 11yo is winning G1s, these bigger and better things aren't happening, or aren't happening to the extent people crave. Hope that gives you a reason.

On the other hand though, people do love the romance of an old champ beating the young whippersnappers when seemingly past their prime.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Good reason as it's in detail, but if Trigger was to win, wouldn't that mean that he is just a freak, & the other horses are very high class horses in their prime? I would think that the romance/legend status would amaze the public and possibly follow the sport more than they most likely would have before.
    I just hope that Lance doesn't do a Kamikaze..
    If you're reading this Lance, don't do it

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Action packed race, gotta feel for Christen Me again looked the winner only to be denied by Restrepo. Big win for Restrepo leading the 3 wide line, CB again top effort. Hunter Cup next week should be another great race this pool of horses are so evenly matched that i cant see any of them starting a dominant favourite. Who ever gets the best run and a bit of luck will be the winner, good to see that the conditions have changed and now all horses start from the front no handicaps. Lets just hope now that all the big names turn up.

+ Reply to Thread