Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: STALLION'S 10/11 season n.z

Super Moderator Weanling John Curtin will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Very ordinary type Nat, at least to my eye anyway.
    For mine, watching him pacing along with SBSW was like watching a Ford Taurus pull in alongside a Lamborghini Gallardo.
    It is quite awhile since I had time to post a comment here but after I recieved a call about this one from breeder in Australia that bred to the horse I just had to make time to answer this one. I had to make time.

Triplev123 whoever you are you certainly has never looked at Art Official because he is a stunner and a splitting image of his sire Art Major. Ordinary type says triplev123 you just have to be joking. As for his racing well if anybody saw Art Official beating Somebeachsomewhere in the Meadowlands Pace in a world record 1:47 then I would like to own a lot more of those "Ford Tauras".

The fact of the matter is that the Stallion Station did no advertising this past year and are out of business this year. They bred 1800 mares two years ago and just on a thousand this year.
    The srevice fee for Art Official was too much for a start and like a lot of stallions was way over priced. This is something that will be corrected by all studs this coming year I believe or they will suffer.

Most breeders did not even know the horse stood for the season anywhere let alone that he stood in New Zealand. I am amazed he got as many mares as he did.

As for his racing it was world class against the best. After beating Somebeachsomewhere in the Pace the two horses never met again!!!! Art Official went on to go 1:47.4 as a four year old against the very best.

And just remember if you did not know he broke the world record at the time on a half mile track at Freehold 1:50.4 in the cane pace. At the Jug he probably should not have started as he got hurt and did not go as well as he was sore but nevertheless he still won a heat and ran third in the final.

Here are the videos of this so call "Ford Taurus" winning. There is not much better that you can breed to than Art Official. He is as good as they get.

ART OFFICIAL 1:47 2008 MEADOWLANDS PACE $1,100,000 World Record

2008 Cane Pace

triplev123
    JC, if you're saying that with a straight face then you need to get yourself along to OPSM for I fear that you may be suffering from Macular Degeneration or otherwise, Glaucoma.
    I have got an Optometrist mate who works at their Castle Hill store and can get you in any time you like. Please consider it in any case. Eyesight is a very precious thing and we need to take care of it.

triplev123

triplev123
    By the way, here's a picture of Art Major.

Spitting image is he?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi John

To be honest with you i thought he stood in Australia and that's why i put him in the Aus section. Looking at Art Major i reckon For A Reason looks alot like him. Do you have a pic of Art Official now that he has let down. And i'd have to agree with Triple SBSW looks a way better type strong all the way through.

triplev123
    G'day Mango,

If it comes down to a head to head beauty contest for sons of Art Major, IMO by far & away the best looking son of Art Major currently at stud is Santanna Blue Chip and there is a fair case to be argued that he is also the best gaited one, making him a rather nice combination.

triplev123
    A lot of people get hung up on the shape of their heads...but heads aren't everything.

It hasn't stopped Hayes.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Triple v i take it you have seen Art Official in the flesh i don't think you can judge a horse on look's from a race photo and the race photo's or videos don't do any horses much favour it would be interesting to see a photo of the horses when they are let down to see what they ended up like
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    A lot of people get hung up on the shape of their heads...but heads aren't everything.

It hasn't stopped Hayes.
    Is it true the camera adds on 20 pounds.

triplev123
    Geeze I hope not.

I'm 3 wide and charging at the Michelin Man as it is.
    Last edited by triplev123; 05-19-2011 at 01:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread