+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: STALLION'S 10/11 season n.z

Super Moderator Weanling John Curtin will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi John

To be honest with you i thought he stood in Australia and that's why i put him in the Aus section. Looking at Art Major i reckon For A Reason looks alot like him. Do you have a pic of Art Official now that he has let down. And i'd have to agree with Triple SBSW looks a way better type strong all the way through.
    Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    Triple v i take it you have seen Art Official in the flesh i don't think you can judge a horse on look's from a race photo and the race photo's or videos don't do any horses much favour it would be interesting to see a photo of the horses when they are let down to see what they ended up like

Mango and Winston

I was never trying to compare Art Official to Somebeachsomewhere but I was trying to defend all the breeders that bred to the horse and the owners that invested heavily in the horse. Triplev123 was doing everything he could to knock the horse and in this breeding business that should not happen.

If you cannot say something good about a horse do not say anything. Yes have your own opinions but based on factual info not innuendo.

If Triplev123 was a horseman of any note he would never have even tried to compare any horse that is currently standing with Somebeachsomewhere as there isn’t any horse on the planet that looks as good as Somebeachsomewhere. He is on his own as an individual and possibly one of the greatest lookers and racehorse that we have ever seen.

I am currently in North America and have just been to see Art Official and taken some photos today and I am telling you I am not a good photographer but I have taken not bad shots. A professional will do a lot better but the photos will show you what the horse currently looks like. He is a standout individual and has great conformation.

The point I like to make here is that even today there has never been a so called professional conformation shot taken of Art Official to show just what a great looker he is. Hard to believe if you want to get the mares today you have to expose your horse to the breeders!

How can you get mares to a horse when he is not promoted well and you have so called breeders and talkers on forums like Triplev 123 trying to knock the horse sight unseen?

As an individual Art Official was always a very good looking racehorse and I was with the horse the night he last raced and right then you knew he would let down to a very impressive type.

He certainly looked good today and like Jonathan McNeil (Stud master in New Zealand that managed the breeding of Art Official) said when ever any breeder looked at the horse they always booked in.

I hope you enjoy the photos. It is the best I could do to show you the horse at present.

Here are just a couple of facts that some of you probably do not know about Art Official:
    1. Art Official p3;1:47: $2,085,185 is Art Major’s fastest and richest son to date
    2. Art Official was sold for US$2,75 million as a Sire. Who needs to knock the horse?
    3. Art Major’s fastest time as a three year old was 1:50.1s so Art Official was a massive 3.1 seconds faster than his Sire.
    4. Art Official came back as a four year old and went 1:47.4 to make him one of only a handful of horses that have paced in sub 1:48 two years in a row.
    5. No doubt Art Official had amazing speed and was extremely tough as the video of him beating Somebeachsomewhere in the $1m Meadowlands Pace shows.
    6. This race was not a one off situation as the driver of Art Official Ron Pierce claims that he felt that he could have beaten him again but the owners of Somebeachsomewhere never allowed the horse to race against him again.
    7. Art Official has a pedigree to match his brilliance and been out of a Falcon Seelster mare should attracted a lot of breeders in New Zealand and Australia if they have done there homework.
    8. Art Official has super fertility and has bred just on 100 mares (Two crops)in North America at a fee of $6000 which I thought was way too high. Probably full books if fee was a little lower.
    9. Art Official bred some special mares in North America including one of the world’s greatest and richest mares called Eternal Camnation 1:49.2 and $4,129,390 in stakes.
    10. With all this info and the record etc and the looks and conformation what more would a breeder want?
    11. If this horse had been priced right and promoted right he should have served a huge book of mares in New Zealand and Australia.

John Curtin

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi John

Thanks for getting the pics it's much appreciated.

triplev123
    #57 from Nat initially states.....17 for Art official seems a bit said wouldhave been DA MAN in the US if it wasn't for the freak SBSW, cannot fathom those numbers I rate him is it the Falcon Seelster in him?

#59 from myself in response... Very ordinary type Nat, at least to my eye anyway. For mine, watching him pacing along with SBSW was like watching a Ford Taurus pulling alongside a Lamborghini Gallardo.

#61 is your extended rant in response to the two line comment above, one which served to take things to a new level. Subsequent events are on your head John.

#62 from myself states... JC, if you're saying that with a straight face then youneed to get yourself along to OPSM for I fear that you may be suffering from Macular Degeneration or otherwise, Glaucoma. I have got an Optometrist mate whoworks at their Castle Hill store and can get you in any time you like. Please consider it in any case. Eyesight is a very precious thing and we need to takecare of it. This was followed by #63& #64, again both from myself, in which I offered clear comparison pictures of the horses being discussed.

In your latest effort, #91, you not only seek to spin more furiously than Warney ever did on a 4th & 5th day pitch in Islamabad but also doa little re-inventing of history along the way.

For starters, see #57. I didn’t raise the initial comparison of SBSW and AO. Another person did. I merely subsequently commented upon it from my viewpoint.

Back to #91 you state...[Triplev123was doing everything he could to knock the horse and in this breeding businessthat should not happen.]

Nah, go back and read through this thread again. That’s not the case at all. I made one comment in reply to #57... and as to the way I see things...and nothing else. Up until that point this could not possibly be construed as anything of the sort which you’ve alleged in brackets above.

However, undaunted in #61 and almost surely at the behest of your masters, you seized upon that comment like a ravenous seagull on a hot chip cast errantly upon the Corso& went to work.

In response to the various claims made in #61 it was with #63 & #64 that I offered some very clear & concise pictorial evidence to support my view and so refute yours.

Now, some two weeks later and rather interestingly,in your latest post, #91, all of a sudden you’ve plucked from the air the statement [ IfTriplev123 was a horseman of any note he would never have even tried to compare any horse that is currently standing with Somebeachsomewhere as there isn’t any horse on the planet that looks as good as Somebeachsomewhere. He is on his own as an individual and possibly one of the greatest lookers and racehorse that we have ever seen.]

I don’t understand. Now you’re taking the new position that it is unfair to offer the photos I did in that one instance to compare AO to SBSW, the original comparison made..........and yet in message #61 you were all for AO being a stunner and him being the image of Art Major??

The logic of your current position has me completely baffled.

Does it not mean that nobody can fairly compare SBSW to ANY other sire in terms of type?

If so John, are you not in fact completely supporting my original comment made way back in #51. i.e the Ford Taurus vs Lamborghini Gallardo?
    Last edited by triplev123; 06-02-2011 at 08:35 PM.

nat
    COMMENT 71
    Hi Mango

The Seelster comment was to the fact of abundance of Seelster mare down under, no one will care what the stallion looks like as long as his progeny can run and you would think Art Official's record would speak for its self

I made this as I rate him and I have 2 Seelster mares and it puts me out as I dont like breeding that close I infact attempted to breed to Art Major for the Art Official cross

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Wasnt Art Official rumoured to be a knee puncher? That can be a major turn off.

Super Moderator Weanling John Curtin will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Here are some more images:

triplev123
    Despite your vitriol...I'll stick by my word.
    It's the least that I can do for a fellow human being who is clearly suffering.
    The offer stands JC. Next time you're in Sydney, grab a Hire car and take a spin up to Castle Hill OPSM.
    The Glaucoma and Macular Degeration check up can be done on a mates rates basis, I will make sure it is. Happy to vouch for you.
    Btw, I understand you're in the US at the moment. May I suggest a stop-over in the UK and more specifically, in Wales during your return?
    That way you could also get some pics of AO's dam.
    She's currently in foal to Doonbeg I believe. Cost just $1,500 back in 2006. Lot 89 in the Tattersalls Mixed Sale. http://www.tattersallsredmile.com/ts...61-90.html?a=1
    Btw I also see...and let it be noted very much to my surprise... that there was no launch into Gtrain from you for his comment re AO's gait????.
    It's not an aspect I can speak on with any authority but I thought for sure there'd at least be some level of public admonishment of Gtrain & a subsequent denial of same from your good self? You're slipping JC. Too many late nights with Kelvin. They're doing you no good at all.

Flashing Red
    While I'll agree (IMHO) that there is not a horse out there as beautifully gaited as Somebeachsomewhere, I personally know how hurtful it can be for even the smallest negative comment to be directed at a horse one owns or has been associated with. That's why I try to stick to statistics only and refrain from strong personal opinions...

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    COMMENT 71
    Hi Mango

The Seelster comment was to the fact of abundance of Seelster mare down under, no one will care what the stallion looks like as long as his progeny can run and you would think Art Official's record would speak for its self

I made this as I rate him and I have 2 Seelster mares and it puts me out as I dont like breeding that close I infact attempted to breed to Art Major for the Art Official cross
    Hi Nat

Yes there is an abundance of Falcon mare's but there are a hell of a lot of other line's down here that he would match, if you go back and read my post you will notice i said having Falcon in him is a good thing. The reason why he didn't attract a lot of mare's was his service fee $$ and i'll stand by that. If you read JC's post you will notice he is of the same opinion.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Flashing Red

I was just wondering if you have any yearling's by Flashing Red and if so how'd they break in for you.

+ Reply to Thread