Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I Smell a Rat

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin

I Smell a Rat

I made comment on another thread that I was told " Im Corzin Terror" who is ODS after the Shep Cup was at the trials on Tuesday.

At the trials he stepped away and went half a lap and pulled out.

The rules clearly state the trial must be completed. Now in the Pure Steel and nominated for the Hunter Cup.

Now heres the rat. All the replays of the trials are on the Victorian Site for the 20th January and all available to see except one, trial 3 which replays in about 3 seconds at super fast forward.

A bit hard to confirm what I was told, can anyone verify my mail please.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    I made comment on another thread that I was told " Im Corzin Terror" who is ODS after the Shep Cup was at the trials on Tuesday.

At the trials he stepped away and went half a lap and pulled out.

The rules clearly state the trial must be completed. Now in the Pure Steel and nominated for the Hunter Cup.

Now heres the rat. All the replays of the trials are on the Victorian Site for the 20th January and all available to see except one, trial 3 which replays in about 3 seconds at super fast forward.

A bit hard to confirm what I was told, can anyone verify my mail please.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HarnessRacingVic

Can clearly see him dropping out with lap and half to go even though it is in fast forward.

Original clip uploaded to youtube went for 3mins18, one assumes it has since been changed.

Two swiftys this week? Not good enough if so.

Well picked up p plater.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 01-24-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    That's a disgrace!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Im Corzin Terror already passed that Hunter Cup 'rule' thats sometimes applied and sometimes not. He went away in Maryborough Cup 3rd December 2013. Doesn't matter if he gallops out every time now. Still in Hunter Cup under that 'rule'. Might still be out of draw but still eligible.

At next stand "checked at start and broke" but not put out of draw. ODS now coz of Shep Cup. Still allowed in Pure Steel but out of draw.

Maybe just doing stand practice at trials

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Would he have to go to the trials just to practice his standing start?
    Is that a requirement? Or does the horse have to start safely and complete the trial as stated?
    These rules are all over the place, & it does seem that certain rules apply to some but not for others.
    Hmmmm....

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Paul, what's your take if the trial is counted and he steps away in the Pure Steel, then has the ODS removed for the Hunter Cup.
    I still smell a rat here.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Im Corzin Terror already passed that Hunter Cup 'rule' thats sometimes applied and sometimes not. He went away in Maryborough Cup 3rd December 2013. Doesn't matter if he gallops out every time now. Still in Hunter Cup under that 'rule'. Might still be out of draw but still eligible.

At next stand "checked at start and broke" but not put out of draw. ODS now coz of Shep Cup. Still allowed in Pure Steel but out of draw.

Maybe just doing stand practice at trials
    Good point. Rule probably needs changing, I think someone stated in another thread can go away safely once and you qualified even if other 9 times galloped out.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Good point. Rule probably needs changing, I think someone stated in another thread can go away safely once and you qualified even if other 9 times galloped out.
    They obviously not worried about horses with a history of bad stand manners as they let Gold Ace in even though BAS. So why have rule in first place? I can fluke going away in stand Sunday after Hunter Cup. Gallop out at next 5 and take half the field out. Still qualify.

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Paul, what's your take if the trial is counted and he steps away in the Pure Steel, then has the ODS removed for the Hunter Cup.
    I still smell a rat here.
    Nah don't think that can happen Bailey. Could be wrong but wouldn't have thought so. After last Saturday night maybe it can? "The trial must be completed" for the trial to count. But its only the start interested in for ODS? Theyd be hard pressed not counting it as a safe start after what classified as safe start last week.

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Would he have to go to the trials just to practice his standing start?
    Is that a requirement? Or does the horse have to start safely and complete the trial as stated?
    These rules are all over the place, & it does seem that certain rules apply to some but not for others.
    Hmmmm....
    No wouldn't have to go. Wouldn't be requirement. Good opportunity to practice though. Away from home on a racetrack. Just thought what might be doing.

+ Reply to Thread