Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I Smell a Rat

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    I have no problem with him pulling out of trial after the start if they just wanted the practice. I can't imagine they would have wanted a full trial hit out 2 days after shep. As long as it doesn't count towards the horse getting back in draw. If the horse goes away in pure steel and fronts up as back in draw for hunter cup then there'll be hell to pay.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Fairly sure a precedent was established a few years back when one of Tim Butt's(?) needed to get back into the draw before the Hunter Cup. Granted permission to start the trial and complete a short distance 200 - 400 metres to the satisfaction of the stewards.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Fairly sure a precedent was established a few years back when one of Tim Butt's(?) needed to get back into the draw before the Hunter Cup. Granted permission to start the trial and complete a short distance 200 - 400 metres to the satisfaction of the stewards.
    Surely can't be correct, would "Johnny Noname" get the same leg up. Rules are rules. I can't find a sub clause which allows this.

Why would proven Grand Circuit be excluded from the same benefit, if true. Lets face it, most Grand Circuit horses get handicapped out of standing start races in Aust because of the lack of them and the preference to mobile racing. No such problem in NZ

Mobile racing is preferred because of the limited time allowed by the TAB......must run on time.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Surely can't be correct, would "Johnny Noname" get the same leg up. Rules are rules. I can't find a sub clause which allows this.

Why would proven Grand Circuit be excluded from the same benefit, if true. Lets face it, most Grand Circuit horses get handicapped out of standing start races in Aust because of the lack of them and the preference to mobile racing. No such problem in NZ

Mobile racing is preferred because of the limited time allowed by the TAB......must run on time.

In regards to the rules, 12. RE-INCLUSION INTO BARRIER DRAW In particular 12.1 stating two consecutive occasions, race or trial & 12.3, noting the reference to the first 300 metres. Quite possibly this rule was in place so an apology to the reference to T Butt might be in order. Whether it be "Johnny" or other, I can see merits in the granting of some leniency in a horse not being required to complete the entire trial in the scenario being discussed. Am positive the stewards/authorities would be more than happy to afford Johnny the same grace leading into the Hunter Cup. Would it not be good for the sport?

Real Name
    bailey martin
    In regards to the rules, 12. RE-INCLUSION INTO BARRIER DRAW In particular 12.1 stating two consecutive occasions, race or trial & 12.3, noting the reference to the first 300 metres. Quite possibly this rule was in place so an apology to the reference to T Butt might be in order. Whether it be "Johnny" or other, I can see merits in the granting of some leniency in a horse not being required to complete the entire trial in the scenario being discussed. Am positive the stewards/authorities would be more than happy to afford Johnny the same grace leading into the Hunter Cup. Would it not be good for the sport?
    Wayne, 12.3 contains a bit more........must complete trial
    A trainer seeking to have his/her horse re
    -
    included into the barrier draw must
    notify Stewards on the day of the race meeting or trials fixture prior to the
    horse’s racing engagement, as well as completing and signing the Horse Bar Record
    form which is located with the Stewards.
    To be deemed a satisfactory start:
    -
    Mobile Start

A horse must score up and be in its correct barrier position and
    within one m
    etre of the barrier from the candy pole to the starting point, then
    negotiate the first 300 metres without losing gait or rhythm and complete the
    trial/race.
    Standing Start

A horse must not delay the start through intractability. It
    must leave the barri
    er at its correct gait and then negotiate the first 300 metres
    without losing gait or rhythm and complete the trial/race.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Still ODS on harnessweb trial results have him down as running 5th not FTF.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Wayne, 12.3 contains a bit more........must complete trial
    A trainer seeking to have his/her horse re
    -
    included into the barrier draw must
    notify Stewards on the day of the race meeting or trials fixture prior to the
    horse’s racing engagement, as well as completing and signing the Horse Bar Record
    form which is located with the Stewards.
    To be deemed a satisfactory start:
    -
    Mobile Start

A horse must score up and be in its correct barrier position and
    within one m
    etre of the barrier from the candy pole to the starting point, then
    negotiate the first 300 metres without losing gait or rhythm and complete the
    trial/race.
    Standing Start

A horse must not delay the start through intractability. It
    must leave the barri
    er at its correct gait and then negotiate the first 300 metres
    without losing gait or rhythm and complete the trial/race.

G'day Bailey,

No intention of misleading, merely emphasising the first 300 metres. Am still sure a precedent had been established. Irrespective of who it was, I'm sure Johnny would be well within his/her rights to approach the stewards citing such. As for whether every peculiarity of every rule can be displayed in the rule book, not sure.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Still ODS on harnessweb trial results have him down as running 5th not FTF.

Quite possibly my posts are irrelevant, he only needed to go away cleanly for the first 300 metres then jog around for the rest of the journey, over the finish line. He wasn't qualifying to race, needing to trial in a competitive manner. He steps cleanly tonight, back in the draw I imagine.

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quite possibly my posts are irrelevant, he only needed to go away cleanly for the first 300 metres then jog around for the rest of the journey, over the finish line. He wasn't qualifying to race, needing to trial in a competitive manner. He steps cleanly tonight, back in the draw I imagine.
    Notice Thats Mister Ali also in trial No 3 and the Pure Steel tonight. He is not entered for the Hunter Cup but had he been and stepped tonight he would have the ODS removed as he completed the trial.

You would think a trainer of John Justice's standing would know you only had to do 300m and go home.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Thats Mister Ali hadn't raced since 11th of January and maybe he needed a solid hit out before tonight's race.

+ Reply to Thread