Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gloucester Park Friday - Final Race.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker

Gloucester Park Friday - Final Race.

I'm surprised the stewards closed the book on that one so soon.

Must of been a Happy Hour nearby : )

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Interesting Stewards comments for the winner, Bell lap outside leader??? I think they had the beer googles on with that call.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Ha Ha Ha. The sprint lane down the back straight! Its like South Park some of those stewards over there. You know Officer Barbrady, "nothing to see here!".

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Not a real fan of the Hall camp and some driving tactics in the past but it is obvious to me that the leader was hanging out in the back straight despite the efforts of its driver. Prentice would not be silly enough to take this action deliberately and when it happened I knew that those with little ability in reading races would be all over it.

Not sure where your stewards comments came from Richard unless they have since adjusted the notations on the results page.

Nothing to see here in my opinion.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Chariots, maybe you could apply your ability to read a race and explain to me the actions of Chris Voak in race 5 that night. Hums out of 4 to cross Hall after an eternity, has the twos on favourite bottled up, the other Hall runner in the death struggling for oxygen and lets Lord Diego out of zip fastener. That did it for me betting at GP for a while...I'm on Deluxe Edition and down the back I was doing the maths...when they went over the line I was reaching for the Mylanta. The 1st and 2nd horses were locked up 1 and 2 back respectively.

Nothing to see at GP, especially if you don't want to see it

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...wa#GPM24011409

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hey Chariots, The same comments are still up in the Stewards box for GP's results from Friday night.
    RESU GS SLE OIR BL 2.
    Raced erratically during the score up, Showed gate speed, Led, Surrendered lead early, Obtained inside run, Bell lap outside leader. This is exactly what it says Chariots, My query was, When was the winner outside the leader??? Hence the beer googles remark.

Real Name
    Ray Coote
    You are partly right Richard as it does say BL2 instead of BL3 and that is also the notation for Gina's Ingot which shows LIW and BL2. No mention is ever made of Eyre Crusher L1W.

Brad, Voak was restraining Deluxe Edition until such time as Soho Highroller could not maintain it's position and then went for home when Lord Diego came off his back. Would be no drivers left in Australia if the various contributors to this and other forums were stewards. As always it is in the eye of the beholder though.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Jnr from the pole going 1700m, gifted the lead away on an Odds On Fav.

It'll be another 5000 drives before he does it again ... for perhaps a second time.

The drive should definitely have been queried.

A week ago, Code Red was 9-2 into Odds On from the 2. Prentice driving the 1 (coming off a 1.56 all the way win) offered zero resistance. Wes Cameron in his preview on SKY a minute out, said that the flood of money for Code Red was a sure sign that the 1 was looking for a trail. Which was spot on but it looks bad. I think a question needed to be asked on that occasion too.

Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Agree fully with both points Bob. Perhaps some excuse for Eyre Crusher as has not led in a WA race before and can we assume it will be driven in a similar manner in future. Maggie's Mystery should have been a notification of change in driving tactics at the very least.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Agreed Ray. It was only the corporates that burned at the 9-2 so we won't lose any sleep about it

+ Reply to Thread