Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Result

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Thanks Adam and Trots TV for supplying the head-on.

I for one am not 100% convinced that the right result was reached. Don't the stewards have to be certain that the interference contributed enough to alter the result? Sure Megs has drifted a touch (and Sapio didn't stop driving her), whilst Amanda chose to drive her mount out all the way with her reins. When Meg was drifting out it didn't affect Highview Conalls momentum one bit until the post was looming and the wheels lock. After watching the replay again a few times tonight from the side on, I am not convinced that Highview had enough time to head the leader before they arrive at the post. But that's just my take on it. It is just too 50/50 to be conclusive, unless one of you trotting brainiacs can pull a rule out that directly affects this type of result...

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Thanks Adam and Trots TV for supplying the head-on.

I for one am not 100% convinced that the right result was reached. Don't the stewards have to be certain that the interference contributed enough to alter the result? Sure Megs has drifted a touch (and Sapio didn't stop driving her), whilst Amanda chose to drive her mount out all the way with her reins. When Meg was drifting out it didn't affect Highview Conalls momentum one bit until the post was looming and the wheels lock. After watching the replay again a few times tonight from the side on, I am not convinced that Highview had enough time to head the leader before they arrive at the post. But that's just my take on it. It is just too 50/50 to be conclusive, unless one of you trotting brainiacs can pull a rule out that directly affects this type of result...
    Spot on Brad. Highview was it's own worst enemy laying in under pressure. The worst of the head on is past the line. If that's a precedent, the Stewards can expect a busier time in the weeks ahead.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Congrats to HRNSW for putting the head on up for all to see, I hear people saying that they locked wheels and the stewards summary in the results page states they locked wheels but in fact they did not, sure the sulkies came together and when that happened the wheel stays momentarily hooked up, possibly hindering the eventual winner, hard call to take it off the first horse past the post IMO, however the stewards have to make a decision reasonably quickly and that needs to be respected.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I'll go with Dan on this one. Well done Adam for putting the head on footage up for everyone to see.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    One other consequence of the protest being upheld was the dividends. Before it was upheld the first 4 was, iirc, $5,995, afterwards $832.40, before, the trifecta was around $850, afterwards $150.30.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    I'm gonna need an explanation from the stewards as to how they dismissed the protest in race 8 today at Menangle. I was on the winner and was 100% content to cop the loss via protest.......if it didn't shift out it would NOT have won! I'm not into conspiracies whatsoever but I just can't help but wonder what the result may have been if the winner wasn't a 3s on favourite.
    Can anyone tell me if the stewards do indeed give an explanation for their decision in their report?
    Off to buy lotto with my misgotten winnings.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Looked a bit ordinary for sure Brent, the stewards need to be satisfied the protesting party would HAVE WON without the interference and I reckon that would have been a very close call, it was definitley a clear case of the horse in front shifting out that caused the incident IMO, however, as stated, the stipes need to be convinced the result would have been different. Enjoy your lotto winnings? hopefully!

Cheers,
    Dan

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Looked a bit ordinary for sure Brent, the stewards need to be satisfied the protesting party would HAVE WON without the interference and I reckon that would have been a very close call, it was definitley a clear case of the horse in front shifting out that caused the incident IMO, however, as stated, the stipes need to be convinced the result would have been different. Enjoy your lotto winnings? hopefully!

Cheers,
    Dan
    While I haven't seen the race, and acknowledge that the current rule is the protesting horse would have won, I reckon the rules needs changing. You can't gain an advantage (eg inside markers pegs) or give another horse a disadvantage (eg shift out) and still expect to be treated equitably.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I saw the head on earlier and it was severe.

Megs Ferrari involved minimal wheel to wheel contact when it had only shifted out one cart max.

Fitzpatrick's filly was spent. She wobbled out four to five horses +, took the legs out of a filly certainly going by it.

The differences, 2nd v 1st against 5th v 1st. Awarding a race to a public elect in the first instance and taking a race away from the public elect in the the second.

Turnbull / Fitzpatrick v Sapio / McDowell. Certainly if first past the post today was Tritton and Panella, they have the race taken from them and the 7 day suspension is quadrupled.

Way before Megs, there is prejudice to what this mob does and doesn't do, queries or let's slide.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    The head on shot after the race showed the winner shift out about 2-3 carts inside the final 150. Fred Hastings said straight away 'the stewards are gonna wanna have a look at that' and sky host Greg Hayes (after that head on shot) says 'favourite backers are in trouble with a capital T'. It was a no brainer and I feel for the connections of the horse who should have won but finished 5th.

+ Reply to Thread