Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars

Interesting Result

Folks have a look at this and tell me what I've missed, Protest in the fifth at Goulburn.
    Megs Furrari comes a tad wider in the run home but for the life of me I cant see how it affected the result....please explain?????

http://www.trotstv.com.au/?mc=LM270114&rn=5

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...M270114&ms=nsw

I'm sure I have missed something, I just can't see it!

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Folks have a look at this and tell me what I've missed, Protest in the fifth at Goulburn.
    Megs Furrari comes a tad wider in the run home but for the life of me I cant see how it affected the result....please explain?????

http://www.trotstv.com.au/?mc=LM270114&rn=5

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...M270114&ms=nsw

I'm sure I have missed something, I just can't see it!

Cheers,
    Dan
    From what i can see Dan
    it seems Megs Outside wheel contacts the Favs in the last 30-50m or so...
    The Fav is coming with momentum but if you watch their wheels, the Fav gets to Megs wheel and suddenly stops being the faster finishing horse, like a brake has been put on. Hence i guess stewards allege Meg drifted out to impede Favs running, protest upheld.
    Similar to an alleged tactic apparently used in Perth by a very busy reinsman as mentioned on this forum...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yeah Megs Ferrari only shifted out marginally.Amanda Turnbull stopped driving her horse out 10 mts from the line and probably made it look worse than what it was. To me there was nothing in it.
    We had a horse one night at Parkes get carted from outside leader at top of straight to 6 wide and dead heated with the lead horse and when our driver asked to look at the video he was told by the officiating steward there was nothing to look at and with that steward declared all clear. It is hard not to say everything wasn't above board but leader also was even money favourite. You could smell a rat but what are you to do at the time.
    Done us out of $3,ooo prize money for a stand alone win.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Without seeing the head on camera, It's very hard to take the race away from Megs Ferrari. I couldn't really see where Meg's moved out and I think it could have been that Amanda needed to come a bit wider with her horse as she contacted Meg's wheel with her horse. IMHO Megs hard done by. Concerning what Greg mentioned, Shouldn't a driver always have the option to look at the replay before the all clear is given???

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    From what i can see Dan
    it seems Megs Outside wheel contacts the Favs in the last 30-50m or so...
    The Fav is coming with momentum but if you watch their wheels, the Fav gets to Megs wheel and suddenly stops being the faster finishing horse, like a brake has been put on. Hence i guess stewards allege Meg drifted out to impede Favs running, protest upheld.
    Similar to an alleged tactic apparently used in Perth by a very busy reinsman as mentioned on this forum...
    Watched it ( again) a few times Ash, if there was any contact ( visible on the supplied footage) that made a difference to the end result of the race then I must be Agent 86, cos Max used to F___ up EVERYTHING!.
    Ash I have been around for a while and seen some perplexing things, this is just one of them.

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    You see leaders boring out all the time on horses on their outside, boring back in on horses getting underneath them and they hang on to the race!... Sapio has driven an absolute 110% cracker on Meg and Amanda has driven her horse without due care and gets the bucks. Has harness racing gone all politically correct all of a sudden?

Sapio has neither gone in or out like you see every Thursday night at Penrith, just done his best and got the result.

(Disclaimer) We all need the head on vision to know exactly what interference has occurred. (Like Shepparton and Ballarat and Gloucester Park in recent times)

How about the sprint around them by Marty Monkhouser...that was exciting to watch!
    Last edited by broncobrad; 01-28-2014 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Added the last line, pretty spectacular stuff

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Geez, that was a ridiculous decision IMO. OK yeah, no head on but the Fav was clear at the 300m and had every chance. In fact from turning until halfway down, the horse was laying in and their wheels only came into contact within the shadows of the wire.

That race was stolen away from them.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
    The head on footage of this race has now been uploaded to Trots TV.

Cue to 2:50 for vision from the top of the straight.

http://trotstv.com.au/?id=12509
    Now go again guys. I'll be interested to see if anyone has changed their view.
    I personally thought it was (and still do) flip of the coin.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
    The head on footage of this race has now been uploaded to Trots TV.

Cue to 2:50 for vision from the top of the straight.

http://trotstv.com.au/?id=12509
    Thanx Adam, thats awesome.

as i said earlier, "it seems Megs Outside wheel contacts the Favs in the last 30-50m or so...
    The Fav is coming with momentum but if you watch their wheels, the Fav gets to Megs wheel and suddenly stops being the faster finishing horse, like a brake has been put on. Hence i guess stewards allege Meg drifted out to impede Favs running, protest upheld."

100%, Meg drifted out and applied a brake to the Fav. From the regular vision he full on gets to Meg then stays exactly with Meg and does not progress one more millimetre.
    From head on vision, drifts out and contacts Fav, wheels lock, no more fwd movement... too easy, upheld.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    The right call was made on the head on but would be happy with either result.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread