Thread: Interesting Result

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Agree wholeheartedly Bob.

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    Have a look and tell me why we lost this race nobody i have spoken to can!http://www.trotstv.com.au/?mc=YU221113&rn=8!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Yeah Megs Ferrari only shifted out marginally.Amanda Turnbull stopped driving her horse out 10 mts from the line and probably made it look worse than what it was. To me there was nothing in it.
    We had a horse one night at Parkes get carted from outside leader at top of straight to 6 wide and dead heated with the lead horse and when our driver asked to look at the video he was told by the officiating steward there was nothing to look at and with that steward declared all clear. It is hard not to say everything wasn't above board but leader also was even money favourite. You could smell a rat but what are you to do at the time.
    Done us out of $3,ooo prize money for a stand alone win.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu man View Post
    Have a look and tell me why we lost this race nobody i have spoken to can!http://www.trotstv.com.au/?mc=YU221113&rn=8!
    Oh dear!!!! Remember that song from the 80's? Things that make you go mmmmmm!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    I saw the head on earlier and it was severe.

Megs Ferrari involved minimal wheel to wheel contact when it had only shifted out one cart max.

Fitzpatrick's filly was spent. She wobbled out four to five horses +, took the legs out of a filly certainly going by it.

The differences, 2nd v 1st against 5th v 1st. Awarding a race to a public elect in the first instance and taking a race away from the public elect in the the second.

Turnbull / Fitzpatrick v Sapio / McDowell. Certainly if first past the post today was Tritton and Panella, they have the race taken from them and the 7 day suspension is quadrupled.

Way before Megs, there is prejudice to what this mob does and doesn't do, queries or let's slide.
    Bob, you have heard me bag the stipes plenty of times.....but....as stated earlier, in order for a protest to be upheld, it needs to be shown that the horse interfered with and subsequently protesting WOULD HAVE DEFINITLEY WON THE RACE without the interference, and whilst I agree wholeheartedly the interference was there and it was severe, ask yourself the question would the other have horse won? and when I looked at the race in that light there was doubt in my mind whether it would have.

Sure throw in the fact that one horse is an odds on pop...and there you get a little more doubt.

Line ball case whilst the interference was both obvious and substantial.

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu man View Post
    Looked at that a number of times and IMO you are entitled to be perplexed, I would have been seeking an adequate explanation. because the video doesn't give one.

Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    I emailed our beloved ceo but i think my email was intercepted before it got to him, not only were we a bit pissed about losing the prizemoney but the mare sat in the breeze broke the track record and in my opinion and a lot of others as well was that we should not have lost the race shes now retired and i dont know if i even want to breed fromher after that
    Last edited by kung fu man; 02-13-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Huge run, There was no way in the world the other horse was going to beat her and she was still in front 20 metres past the post. This is getting ridiculous, Surely the stewards need to front up and have some extra training or a refresher.

Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    Its nice that other people feel the same way after watching the replay because you start to doubt yourself, i can imagine how the driver felt in the room trying to get her point across and nobody was listening it is very hard living with that decision still dont know what they saw that everyone else missed

+ Reply to Thread