Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter cup 2014

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Hunter cup 2014

Barrier draw. 3280 SS
    1. Mah Sish
    2. Pembrook Benny
    3. Bitobliss
    4. Smoken Up
    5. Franco Nelson
    6. Abettorpunt
    7. Easy On The Eye
    second row
    8. Keayang Cullen
    9. Restrepo
    10. Motu Crusader
    11. Christen Me
    12. Caribbean Blaster
    13. The Gold Ace
    14. im Corzin Terror

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Trigger has a perfect draw! Hope he runs a HUGE race! Go Trigger!!!

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Christen Me of 12 months ago would carry this field. He's probably still going to be a bet for me at 5,s I'd say.
    Motu Crusader....really??

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Christen Me of 12 months ago would carry this field. He's probably still going to be a bet for me at 5,s I'd say.
    Motu Crusader....really??
    Hey Brent, I like Motu Crusader. He's been a good horse to me. I won't be on him on Saturday but he did beat Terror on his merits three starts ago in good time and his two wins since have been good. I definitely think he's earned a spot and he'll beat quite a few home IMO.

I like Caribbean Blaster a lot and I'll nibble away at Abettorpunt because he's too good a horse to go around @ 50's +. His recent form is a write off.

aussiebreno
    Some musings.

Mah Sish. Did bounce back to winning form last week, last years champion, the Butts know how to find a Hunter Cup winner but I think he will find one better. Corzin Terror steps he beats it home. Will have better horses than Jadahson and Charlie Machseen chasing him home this week.

Pembrook Benny. You can't have much better form than beating Christen Me last start. But I reckon that more a sub par Christen Me. Entire career says very competitive but just a touch off the best.

Bitobliss. At his rarely seen very best yes. On his current form not quite good enough.

Smoken Up. Last two starts his best for season IMO. Gave em 30 at Shep, but stepped well. If he steps like that again he leads. Very quick early run race last week and only beaten a length. A big chance.

Franco Nelson. Don't know much about him. Looks a big step up.

Abettorpunt. Won't be far off but like Ballarat, just a couple lengths off the big guns.

Easy on the Eye. Probably not rated near Christen Me back in NZ. Won't be far off them but can't see it winning.

Keayang Cullen. Racing in great form. Got lead at Ballarat and lost two lengths plus momentum on turn. In the finish otherwise. Can get a cheap rails run and be rattling home at the finish.

Restrepo. Just got there at Ballarat but I believe race run to suit. Not sure how much being three wide compares to Christen Me working to the chair and Carribean Blaster not being able to let down to well into the straight. I think looking back to Vic Cup result he just got a bit lucky at Ballarat.

Motu Crusader. Did beat Corzin Terror three starts back but 27.5 first quarter in mile and a half race explains that. his Vic form in Sept and Oct shows this just a bit out of his reach.

Christen Me. Beaten by a gem of drive in Miracle Mile. Beaten by being impossible to run down winner from car park in 27.2 in Vic Cup. Don't know what happened back home in NZ but looked winner halfway down in straight at Ballarat. I think he can go one better here. Query at 2 mile after not letting down in NZ Cup.

Carribean Blaster. Looks like he has been really trained for the 2mile, very dour this prep. Has had some nice runs in transit of late, but from back here will have just as challenging a run as Christen Me, and that may just bring about his undoing.

The Gold Ace. Probably a length or so behind the best in my books, Smoken Up gave him head start before they both took up forward positions at Shepparton. Smoken Up gets much easier assignment here head to head so can't see Gold Ace winning.

Corzin Terror. Couldn't quite catch Restrepo (had his back) and co at Shep, might just be same story here only more horses to go around.

Smoken Up too lead. Over two mile nothing to attack and will have bit in locker at finish. Mah Sish leaders back. (hoping Pembrook Benny doesnt spoil these plans). Keayang Cullen three pegs. Christen Me is the best of the swoopers closely followed by Blaster.

Trifecta and F4s around Smoken Up, Christen Me to win and to place Keayang Cullen, Carribean Blaster, Mah Sish. Wary of Benny, Terror, Restrepo and lesser extent TGA.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Hey Brent, I like Motu Crusader. He's been a good horse to me. I won't be on him on Saturday but he did beat Terror on his merits three starts ago in good time and his two wins since have been good. I definitely think he's earned a spot and he'll beat quite a few home IMO.

I like Caribbean Blaster a lot and I'll nibble away at Abettorpunt because he's too good a horse to go around @ 50's +. His recent form is a write off.
    I'll be honest Bob, I haven't seen MC past 3 runs and can't find replays anywhere which is rather pathetic compared with the rest of the land. Looking at the results of the Cup race (27.5 first qtr) and picturing it in my mind I can't believe he beat ICTerror on 'his merits' but unless I see a replay I'll never know. I did however do his form comprehensively before the Launceston FFA and made a killing laying him @ 2/5 as his prior melb form was well below average. I can only see him beating home runners that have a much much tougher run.......my hat will go off to u when I'm wrong.

Really like your other 2 tips, $10 the place abettorpunt with a cosy trip seems value. Good luck

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    I'll be honest Bob, I haven't seen MC past 3 runs and can't find replays anywhere which is rather pathetic compared with the rest of the land. Looking at the results of the Cup race (27.5 first qtr) and picturing it in my mind I can't believe he beat ICTerror on 'his merits' but unless I see a replay I'll never know. I did however do his form comprehensively before the Launceston FFA and made a killing laying him @ 2/5 as his prior melb form was well below average. I can only see him beating home runners that have a much much tougher run.......my hat will go off to u when I'm wrong.

Really like your other 2 tips, $10 the place abettorpunt with a cosy trip seems value. Good luck
    I saw the finish live but missed the start. Yeah the 27.5 would of been a gut buster for sure. I've always been a fan of the horse. Untapped as a 3 and 4yo and I guess he's had his share of issues. I've been on him quite a few times when it looked his turn and very rarely not collected. I won't have any of mine on, perhaps a couple of dollars for a laugher if he gets out to triple figures. 6th or 7th wouldn't surprise, along the pegs : )

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    re Christen Me. I don't think he ran 2 Miles via a soft 3 pegs trip in the NZ Cup. The Ballarat Cup was his until he hit the wall with 50m to go. If it's a solidly run 3280, I don't see it.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    I'm sticking with The Gold Ace. Ididnt think his run in the Ballarart Cup was that bad. He worked extra hard at the start, and again in the middle, and wasnt that far away at the end. Hopefully he'll get a nice tow into the race behind Carabean Blaster or Christen Me and finish over the top.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Great write-up Brendan. I've been over this race with a fine-tooth comb and simply can't remember a more open big race. I reckon there's scenarios that give winning chances to all but 3 horses. The kiwi form is exemplary (FN form very hard to line up however). It sounds stupid as I write/think it (and I'm ready to cop the flack) but as much as I think these two could get within a couple of metres of the winner, I just cannot find a scenario in which SU oc ICT wins. SU, whilst brave always finds one that bit quicker (and tractable round the bends) over the final 600. His best 'chance' no doubt comes with him leading with the one horse on his back but I still see horses running by him rounding the final bend. ICT is simply a length or two behind the best when he's not able to lead.
    Looks a great race on paper & I'm expecting to see 8 or so horses go over the line in a blanket finish. One scenario does worry me in regards to the spectacle of the race......1 horse leads SU outside straight away and zero moves for a mile.
    Not a race I feel I can make $$ out of but I'll try and pay for a late night pizza by backing KC place $9, ABorP place $10 and L McCarthy win @ $11+ win.
    GL to u whoever u take.

+ Reply to Thread