Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter cup 2014

aussiebreno
    Trotters Gp1.
    Blitzemcalder did work hard middle stages but was run down by I See Icy Earl .From the other heat My High Expectations has had I See Icy Earls measure. Last mile significantly quicker in High Expectations heat. They ran home 27.9 which is about as quick as they can go, had something left in the locker. Blitz only home 28.3 and that was all he had left. So I think High Expectations deserved favourite, would take some luck/better drive to get Blitzemcalder home. But where I'm going to go is Mister Zion. Need luck and good drive. If he can get to lead first he in with a real shot. Don't think that scenario will happen so what I am left with is if Blitz and High Expectations both go at each other and leave race for something else Zion is the one I'd want to be on chasing. They will both be taking off early and putting some speed into the race imo so that will help me out.

Trifecta: Expectations / Zion / Blitz, I See Icy Earl, Cold Sister.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Trotters Gp1.
    Blitzemcalder did work hard middle stages but was run down by I See Icy Earl .From the other heat My High Expectations has had I See Icy Earls measure. Last mile significantly quicker in High Expectations heat. They ran home 27.9 which is about as quick as they can go, had something left in the locker. Blitz only home 28.3 and that was all he had left. So I think High Expectations deserved favourite, would take some luck/better drive to get Blitzemcalder home. But where I'm going to go is Mister Zion. Need luck and good drive. If he can get to lead first he in with a real shot. Don't think that scenario will happen so what I am left with is if Blitz and High Expectations both go at each other and leave race for something else Zion is the one I'd want to be on chasing. They will both be taking off early and putting some speed into the race imo so that will help me out.

Trifecta: Expectations / Zion / Blitz, I See Icy Earl, Cold Sister.
    Blitz last week did a whole lot of extra work when coming from last after settling down to circle the field and take the lead as they turned into the back straight, but, Lance who was leading on Motu Young Jacob kept him out the full length of the back straight making Blitz work quite hard for another 300m i reckon and that was the difference for him on the line when Icy pipped him by a lip. Get Blitz to the lead in half a lap of the big Ballarat track and he wins easy, but last to first in 3 quarters of the track working quite hard took too much, hence his last 400 slower than other heat.
    My High Expectations got an easy lead and no one tackled him at all (who would?) so an easy sprint last 400 very quick.
    So this race very interesting in the first half lap.
    You have a Dean Braun trained fast stand beginner who led last week drawn 2, who would love to hold lead and maybe handover to stablemate Blitz...
    You have a David Aiken trained Cold Sister who leads in mobile races and hands up to stablemate My High Expectations drawn front row too...
    So if Cold Sister begins well the battle to lead will be on for all, throw in Lightning Joy, good stand beginner from the pole and it gets better.
    So then MHE is drawn 2 inside second row to follow out Duke of the Moment from the opposition stable, while Blitz is drawn wide in open space but starts very slow and will have to circle whole field.
    Intriguing race. I will be barracking for the new boy Blitz to rise up, but he may be a season off earning top Trotter honours yet, because MHE is absolutely killing all opposition. He has very high speed, great stamina, reliable as you want and i think a seasoned edge over the young bloke at the moment.
    Empire Earl fantastic last couple of runs, got a great place divvy last weekend, will be back on for a reasonable place bet again.

Junior Member Foal lekitama will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Chloe Slater
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    I'll be honest Bob, I haven't seen MC past 3 runs and can't find replays anywhere which is rather pathetic compared with the rest of the land. Looking at the results of the Cup race (27.5 first qtr) and picturing it in my mind I can't believe he beat ICTerror on 'his merits' but unless I see a replay I'll never know. I did however do his form comprehensively before the Launceston FFA and made a killing laying him @ 2/5 as his prior melb form was well below average. I can only see him beating home runners that have a much much tougher run.......my hat will go off to u when I'm wrong.

Really like your other 2 tips, $10 the place abettorpunt with a cosy trip seems value. Good luck
    Racing replays of MC last runs are on the Tasracing website under "RACE REPLAY" tab, i think you may have to register to be able to view them.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Gee it is a fantastic program of races and the weather should be good especially after sundown so it should be a super night to attend
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Brendan's appraisal of the Hunter has me warming very much to Carribean Blaster...that storming finish he produced at Melton all those starts ago from last on the bend to blouse them is etched firmly in my memory.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Blitz last week did a whole lot of extra work when coming from last after settling down to circle the field and take the lead as they turned into the back straight, but, Lance who was leading on Motu Young Jacob kept him out the full length of the back straight making Blitz work quite hard for another 300m i reckon and that was the difference for him on the line when Icy pipped him by a lip. Get Blitz to the lead in half a lap of the big Ballarat track and he wins easy, but last to first in 3 quarters of the track working quite hard took too much, hence his last 400 slower than other heat.
    Story doing the rounds that Blitzemcalder moving stables after tonights run.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    WOW
    Thats massive.
    Any clues?

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Tips for tonight.

Bling it on
    Allblack stride
    Our maxim
    Alchemy
    My high exp.
    Youranut
    Christen me

Best roughie
    Monica my dear

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Feature double:My High Expectations all e.w. Pembroke Benny.

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    100%
    Leaving stables tonite
    "Not sure where to yet"
    According to Rick Burchell owner at Melton now.

+ Reply to Thread