Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter cup 2014

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Restrepo "SWAB" after his name at Ballarat Cup... Haven't heard of any results of any irregularities from that yet Leigh and Viv...
    Yeah, they'd forget to fill him up for Miracle Mile, Vic Cup...then fill him up for Ballarat Cup but forget about it for Hunter Cup as well. LOL!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Christen Me totally improved from the Ballarat run, great effort, any doubters he can't run 2 miles may have had their minds changed...
    Caribbean B great, again! just missed, again! Thats racing, his luck will turn, loves Menangle look out ID.
    Gold Ace showed Ballarat was a bit of an "off day" and as i mentioned on some thread, don't doubt Lukes ability to turn him around.
    Who the hell would have thought Abettorpunt would have led!!!!!!!??? Good on him, outsprinted Restrepo in the lane, good job.
    Restrepo couldn't sprint with them in the straight, lost the back of winner on the turn, finished 5th by 4.4m tho, he's still up there...
    Trigger needs to retire now, just like MELPARK MAJOR was retired last night! Congrats to a great warrior on a great career, enjoy your rest Melpark, or Donny as he is known.
    Franco Nelson came home very well from well back...
    Pembrook too far back, ran home ok too...
    Bitobliss, pegs all the way, these too good, had nothin.

Great race, gonna a be a great ID!

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Congrats to CM and place getters. I was cheering for the Champ Trigger, but knew it would be very hard for him..
    In saying that, he only lost by 4 lengths, & he has been running some super races, compared to the mighty Melpark Major.
    Trigger deserves to be retired in a beautiful lush paddock, but I would love to see him go on to the Inters 1 last time, that's if he's healthy and happy. He loves Menangle, so why not. He is a Legend and a Champion, nothing to prove or lose.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Congrats to CM and place getters. I was cheering for the Champ Trigger, but knew it would be very hard for him..
    In saying that, he only lost by 4 lengths, & he has been running some super races, compared to the mighty Melpark Major.
    Trigger deserves to be retired in a beautiful lush paddock, but I would love to see him go on to the Inters 1 last time, that's if he's healthy and happy. He loves Menangle, so why not. He is a Legend and a Champion, nothing to prove or lose.
    Actually i think after last night he is a bees whisker away from starting to lose his dignity!
    Menangle or not, the MM proved what Ballarat and last night proved, as far as winning, its all over I'm afraid. I love the horse, BUT times up, right now i reckon.
    Nothin worse than seeing a horse run around after his light has faded running around coming 4th!

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I understand your view point and it has merit, but I wouldn't go as far as nearly losing his dignity.
    He is a Legend and champ regardless what happens now.
    If he was getting caned over and over the I would definitely say time to say goodbye, but I can't see him in that category ATM. I feel fortunate that I was following Trigger from all those years ago come up the ranks, & to be honest, I feel a huge sadness and emptiness that I know retirement is around the corner, if not already retired..
    Selfish of me to want to see him give the Inters one more crack, but he's just that sort of horse.
    The memories will always be cherished for eternity.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Actually i think after last night he is a bees whisker away from starting to lose his dignity!
    Menangle or not, the MM proved what Ballarat and last night proved, as far as winning, its all over I'm afraid. I love the horse, BUT times up, right now i reckon.
    Nothin worse than seeing a horse run around after his light has faded running around coming 4th!
    Ash, don't be to hard here, beaten 8m and had a flat tyre. How close would he had been without it?
    For what is worth and I've followed Trigger his whole career, 3200m is not his best distance but still remains competitive.
    Providing he remains competitive and he wants to race, whats the harm, Lance is the best judge on this. After all, who of the current group win every start or placed every start.....None and no question of them giving it away.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Leigh and Viv have you ever competed as athletes in any form of sport? Can't you remember better days/performances than others - pretty much corresponding to how you felt (assuming you had been consistently training). Why shouldn't some/most horses vary a little like this too - they are not machines.
    So, in essense Kevin, you agree that Restrepo's form has been inconsistent?

Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Restrepo "SWAB" after his name at Ballarat Cup... Haven't heard of any results of any irregularities from that yet Leigh and Viv...
    Ash, please dont try to re-write my post!

Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Did anyone check out the team driving in Race 5. At what point do stewards get involved.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Trigger was racing with a flat tyre? Geez, what rotten luck!!!
    His run now even is more impressive to me, and I agree with Bailey's comments. If he's happy and healthy, and wants to keep racing which he seems to be showing every indication, why not.

+ Reply to Thread