Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Hunter cup 2014

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Sorry Leigh and viv. I'm with brenno here. His form this season has been outstanding and I don't think his Ballarat run was any sort of quantum leap over other efforts this year. One thing with him is I think he much prefers to be out in open moving forward in last lap over being tucked in held up waiting for runs.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Yes, He was a bit tucked up in the Hunter Cup.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Absolute twaddle. If thats the best you can read a race give it up. The difference is huge. No contortions of what happened can change that. You claim the race was set up for Restepo at Ballarat. He was three wide without cover for gods sake. The Ballarat run was sensational. His other runs all season have passable at best.
    My reply would have been a tad more aggressive than Brendan's, especially as he is 100% spot on.
    TWADDLE?? Go back, watch the race again. Restrepo does zero work early, then moves 3 wide to within a length and a half of the leader in a 31.3 second quarter. The final two quarters were run in 28.2 & 28.1. These facts alone make it more than plausible for his victory, but throw in the facts Christen Me was holding Restrepo clearly at the 75 (CM bet down to $1.05 in the closing stages on Betfair) before falling in a HUGE hole (also note in Dans call of the race "he looked home for everything"), along with CB losing 1-2 lengths before the home turn & being beaten a half head and you have your result.....a win that any of the leading 7-8 grand circuit campaigners would of taken advantage of. Christ, u r talking as if he won like Safari or BAFake, running away from his rivals after a tough run winning in devastating fashion......he didn't!

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    My reply would have been a tad more aggressive than Brendan's, especially as he is 100% spot on.
    TWADDLE?? Go back, watch the race again. Restrepo does zero work early, then moves 3 wide to within a length and a half of the leader in a 31.3 second quarter. The final two quarters were run in 28.2 & 28.1. These facts alone make it more than plausible for his victory, but throw in the facts Christen Me was holding Restrepo clearly at the 75 (CM bet down to $1.05 in the closing stages on Betfair) before falling in a HUGE hole (also note in Dans call of the race "he looked home for everything"), along with CB losing 1-2 lengths before the home turn & being beaten a half head and you have your result.....a win that any of the leading 7-8 grand circuit campaigners would of taken advantage of. Christ, u r talking as if he won like Safari or BAFake, running away from his rivals after a tough run winning in devastating fashion......he didn't!
    As some one who has worked as an agent for over forty years in Nz all i can say is don't give up your day job. Do you understand how much extra ground you are covering out three wide. Watch his run in the Miracle Mile or the Victoria Cup. Run of the race in both and went no where. Yet in your reasoning he can sit three wide for over a lap in 56.3 and beat horses with softer runs he has struggled with all year. Christen Me drew the outside gate and sat parked for most of the journey so was entitled to struggle in the straight. In Nz the trainer would be asked to put on record his explanation for the dramatic improvement. Not a word in your stewards report. Which is one of the reasons myself (and other agents I work with) no longer buy well performed horses in Australia for the American market. Once bitten ,twice shy.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    As some one who has worked as an agent for over forty years in Nz all i can say is don't give up your day job. Do you understand how much extra ground you are covering out three wide. Watch his run in the Miracle Mile or the Victoria Cup. Run of the race in both and went no where. Yet in your reasoning he can sit three wide for over a lap in 56.3 and beat horses with softer runs he has struggled with all year. Christen Me drew the outside gate and sat parked for most of the journey so was entitled to struggle in the straight. In Nz the trainer would be asked to put on record his explanation for the dramatic improvement. Not a word in your stewards report. Which is one of the reasons myself (and other agents I work with) no longer buy well performed horses in Australia for the American market. Once bitten ,twice shy.
    How much extra ground, I think we will get Toohard to answer that one!!!

You acknowledge Christen Me entitled to struggle in the straight. This is the reason Restrepo went past him, not anything Restrepo done but what Christen Me done.

As for once bitten, twice shy in Aust...how about the form of Christen Me...2nd Miracle Mile, 3rd Vic Cup, 2nd Ballarat Cup, 1st Hunter Cup...4 absolute cracking runs in big Grand Circuit races yet gets done odds on twice back home in between by inferior horses? Horses aren't machines.

You've had multiple people give reasons as to why Restrepo won at Ballarat...can you offer up a reason why he shouldn't have? (Hint: Try leave out the insults and the big noting and post something of substance)

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    The way i look at it is like this.. All of these horses are very equal in talent and ability, hence any of them can win one week, and another the following week, depending on draws, luck, driver etc etc. No horse ATM is a stand out hence the varying results.
    Out of curiosity, are there any performance enhancing drugs in the Horse industry, that cannot be detected, or very hard to be detected? Obviously they exist in regards to humans.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Yes, He was a bit tucked up in the Hunter Cup.
    He definately tucked me up in the Ballarat Cup! I had Mah Sish and Christen Me in an all up. Honestly, I didnt think he had a run like that in him. Obviously I was wrong. I'll look forward to more runs like that from him in the future.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    The way i look at it is like this.. All of these horses are very equal in talent and ability, hence any of them can win one week, and another the following week, depending on draws, luck, driver etc etc. No horse ATM is a stand out hence the varying results.
    Out of curiosity, are there any performance enhancing drugs in the Horse industry, that cannot be detected, or very hard to be detected? Obviously they exist in regards to humans.
    There probably is, but no ones telling.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    How much extra ground, I think we will get Toohard to answer that one!!!
    He not home yet. Think he taken a keen interest in Lot 279 at school. Chesnut fiily. Have go at answering myself. Out with the abacus...

Restrepo would have covered 8.5m more in last lap than Christen Me. 17m more than horse on pegs. But need to take into account more than that. How hard was he working? Also 8.5m on a flat surface. Would be working harder on flat surface than a banked turn.

Said some this before but;

- in race before Ballarat Cup hadn't had run for 3 weeks. Needed run. Went great but needed run.

- in Ballarat cup Christen Me starts attacking before get off back straight. Couldn't sustain effort. Hunter Cup waited until home bend

- who knows what problems he may have had leading into other races. Don't need a lot to be off when racing in that class

- he an entire

- seen a lot of him recently. Made comment son other day... that horse not look comfortable with horses round him. Ballarat cup 3 wide no cover. Watch other recent runs. Yeh perfect position. But with horse in front of him and on his outside.

- only beaten once on track. Where was he in run? Behind leader with a horse on his outside.

-ok when working through classes. Can drive him like a good horse and be where he wanrs to be. Bit different that class. Won't get run needs every time but when does...Ballarat Cup.

He just home. Usually gets home straight on net for harness news and results. Not tonight. Said doing his homework. "But your school bag not even open".

Got "Not that homework dad"

Sigh... 'slipping through my fingers all the time....'

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Viv thinks they are machines. People have given her a multitude of reasons why she is being a bit quick to smear Restrepo but she is not interested because her mind is made up. Funny how she thinks that a horse sitting one wider than a rival should not win - Holy Shmoly What does she make of all the times the Death horse outplugs the leader!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread