Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: vicCARTHY DERBY

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert

vicCARTHY DERBY

WOWEE. I've only been following the trots for some 10 years but this has to be unprecedented for a blue-riband event. I think they are going to have the favourite for all 3 heats this Sat night with the first 2 starting pretty short in the red. Congrats to them & I wish Luke all the best choosing his drive for the final.

aussiebreno
    I think Gai Waterhouse trifected theGolden Slipper one year, I wonder if anybodies ever trifected a Gp 1 in the harness? Those lady trainers eh!

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Does anyone know were the fields random draws or selected fields.Agree it looks like they will just about win the 3 heats hoping The fat man may be cometitive

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Does anyone know were the fields random draws or selected fields.Agree it looks like they will just about win the 3 heats hoping The fat man may be cometitive
    Horses trained by the same trainer are split if possible - eg. McCarthy, Purdon, Manning . other than that, it is RBD

Junior Member Weanling Frosty will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry Lewis
    Occupation
    Manager Department of
    Horses
    Frosty Lady, Abettorpunt, Master of Disg
    Don't underestimate the 1 horse in the third heat. In at Hamilton tomorrow see how he goes there.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Don't underestimate the 1 horse in the third heat. In at Hamilton tomorrow see how he goes there.
    He was very impressive Terry. 3W to the death rating 54.8 and easing away on the wire. The 2.65 a place looks a great bet as does a slice of the $16. He can lead out, not a great deal of speed 2-6, perhaps trail the 7 or the 10, whoever comes calling first.

Good Luck mate !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Heaps of luck Terry - Go Western District ! Racing 3 days beforehand is a little unusual Terry
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling Frosty will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry Lewis
    Occupation
    Manager Department of
    Horses
    Frosty Lady, Abettorpunt, Master of Disg
    He needed some hard racing to tune him up for the Derby heat tonight. Wednesday would have been his fast work day anyway and he was back home in his box within half an hour of the race (and being massaged !) His heart rate after the race was lower than after normal fast work. Very pleased with his run and 1.54.8 mile rate.

Just a great thrill to have him in a heat of the Vic Derby and Punter in the Hunter Cup. Never thought I would ever own and breed horses good enough to compete at this level !

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Terry

It would be a huge thrill for anyone to have horses in either a Derby heat or the Hunter Cup but your one of the lucky one's to have one in both, looks like an exciting night for you ahead and I wish you all the best.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Terry, Good luck tonight. You have achieved what we all strive for and both of your horses are in it up to their eyeballs in both races tonight.

+ Reply to Thread