+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: vicCARTHY DERBY

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    the top 4 placegetters automatically qualified. The fastest 5th placegetter which was Iam Misterbriteside was to be 1st emergency, however he was stood down, so the next fastest heat run became the 1st emergency and that was the 6th placegetter in Tezz Khora.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Timing unfortunately means you won't see the best kiwi three year olds most years in the Victorian derby. The three best ones this year are all at home in Nz getting ready for the Great Northern Derby which is a real shame. Don't think it would have made much difference as Bling it On looks a class above them on last weeks run.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    the top 4 placegetters automatically qualified. The fastest 5th placegetter which was Iam Misterbriteside was to be 1st emergency, however he was stood down, so the next fastest heat run became the 1st emergency and that was the 6th placegetter in Tezz Khora.
    I thought that may have been it but it must have been a close call for although he was in easily the fastest heat, he was beaten a fair distance.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Timing unfortunately means you won't see the best kiwi three year olds most years in the Victorian derby. The three best ones this year are all at home in Nz getting ready for the Great Northern Derby which is a real shame. Don't think it would have made much difference as Bling it On looks a class above them on last weeks run.
    Wow, the other 3 must be good going on what I saw of Our Maxim last week. He used a bit of petrol early, spent a bit more kicking up (unsuccessfully) as McCarthy came calling in a second quarter of 28.3 and then nonchalantly cruised by the fav via the sprint lane in 26.9. I understand Bling was as, if not more impressive but the draw for this Satdy night has gone against him. Going back to Our Maxim, it did look like Butcher was keen to hold the front in that second quarter but Lettucerockthem had built up too much momentum.......my question to u Viv as u know the kiwis better than I, is do u think the Purdon pair will work for each other and be leader behind leader?? When situations like this present themselves in $200k races I just fail to see how they won't try. IMO I just can't see Zac handing over to Lettucerockthem with the possibility of it in turn handing up to the stablemate. The form I've done does suggest both kiwis have the early speed to keep the positions mentioned. What are your thoughts Viv? Cheers

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...n-Amazes-Owner

How did Nancy O'Grady figure that you were speechless Harvey
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...n-Amazes-Owner

How did Nancy O'Grady figure that you were speechless Harvey
    must have seen the non response after initially creating the Boldenone thread.

Member Gelding Sofoulis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Sofoulis
    Occupation
    Pen pusher
    Horses
    Yayas Hot Spot, Eh Ef El, Summertime Liz
    A picture of Yaya after trying to keep up with Bling It On in the heat last week!!!

yaya2.jpg

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofoulis View Post
    A picture of Yaya after trying to keep up with Bling It On in the heat last week!!!
    Hahaha!! You're in the final Adam. Congratulations on getting there. Anything could happen and got to be in it to win it. Good luck!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Hahaha!! You're in the final Adam. Congratulations on getting there. Anything could happen and got to be in it to win it. Good luck!!

Who wouldn't look knackered Adam, that Bling colt is an outstanding youngster...good luck with your charge.

And the same to Harvey and Adam, these are special races that everyday owners would be giving their eye teeth, just to be a part of it. Hope it is a great night for you.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Wow, the other 3 must be good going on what I saw of Our Maxim last week. He used a bit of petrol early, spent a bit more kicking up (unsuccessfully) as McCarthy came calling in a second quarter of 28.3 and then nonchalantly cruised by the fav via the sprint lane in 26.9. I understand Bling was as, if not more impressive but the draw for this Satdy night has gone against him. Going back to Our Maxim, it did look like Butcher was keen to hold the front in that second quarter but Lettucerockthem had built up too much momentum.......my question to u Viv as u know the kiwis better than I, is do u think the Purdon pair will work for each other and be leader behind leader?? When situations like this present themselves in $200k races I just fail to see how they won't try. IMO I just can't see Zac handing over to Lettucerockthem with the possibility of it in turn handing up to the stablemate. The form I've done does suggest both kiwis have the early speed to keep the positions mentioned. What are your thoughts Viv? Cheers
    Hi Brent, the other three are lovely horses. Tiger Tara is unbeaten this season and is our leading three year old going into the derbies. Locharburn and Isaiah are the other two who have been making a claim to the mantle of top 3 year old. Of the three Locharburn may end up the best . A big Christian Cullen who broke a Nz record at Alex park even though he couldn't get round the corners right handed. Maxim sat on his back after drawing one but couldn't get past him. He would absolutely love Menangle. It's that terrible combination of Cran Dalgety and Dexter Dunn again but i'm not sure they will venture to Australia this year. As for the Derby, Bling it On looked special last week. Settled out of the gate, then used to get the front and simply bolted in with sectionals a grand circuit horse would be proud of. Both the kiwis went super but not as good as Bling it On. Will Zac hold the front with his stablemate on his back. Normally he would do what he did last week in make the challenger work a bit before taking a trail. But with Sky Major on his back and both horses owned by the same people, maybe this week he will park Bling It On. If that happens then Sky Major becomes a major threat as there is little if anything between him and Maxim. Still fancy Bling It On even from the draw but he will be tested this week.

+ Reply to Thread