Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: vicCARTHY DERBY

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    For the rest of the night, I can't see Guaranteed getting beat (very brave comment by me given his odds lol). Smudge Bromac will find the claimer a bit easier to what he has been racing, in with a big shot. I was really impressed with Metro Mike in the Pure Steel. I think he is the bet of the night.

At Menangle I can't see For A Reason getting beat (another brave comment). Nike Franco might be worth a win bet, seems that is a race in two with Spicy Stride (yet another brave comment!).

I remember saying that one night...didn't that stop him dead in his tracks! Thought he was at Randwick. Does look the goods tonight though.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Well it's gonna be all smiles or all tears. Agree with most.....took $3.50 SSL to place FAR $1.50 win, grabbed $8.50 Yayas after the 11 disappeared + got OSM e/w. Metro was a black booker of mine from last start but gonna stay away as I'm not keen betting at the mile around Melton at less than e/w. Love the scenario for Easy ot Eye but again gonna sit that out as he's lengths better when leading. Really like Spicy Stride (grabbed $2.30) as a filly, but of course worried about the Victorian.
    BOL to all.

aussiebreno
    Yep you make a good point Brent. I'm not entirely convinced they will go to the pegs, and if in the running line then I don't think good enough covering the extra ground to place. But more than likely they go pegs, will definitely be running on late, but maybe not have enough time (or class) to catch them all. $8.50 probably a decent place bet for those inclined to go that way, at the very least you will be running on at the end and get a good cheer for your investment. Yayas beat Sky Major two lengths last start, but given the turnaround in work plus 1 length head start I think Sky Major will be able to turn tables.
    4 shorties beat but did find one winner to save some dignity from this post!

aussiebreno
    Done the form today.
    I think it will be fast run, both Young Modern and Lettucerockthe, will come for an early look, but ultimately Maxim will lead. Bling it On will then come round to work the chair. Sky Major leaders back.

I think Major Crocker and Paua Fella pretty even based on SA Derby. Major Crocker nowhere to be seen in the Bling it On heat, therefore think Paua Fellas heat not up to scratch. Motor Smoker won that heat, only just, and he probably on just better than Major Secret based on their runs throughout January. Major Secret didnt drop off much at all last week after harder run, so Motor Smoker got Lettucerockthe,s measure for mine and maybe even Our Maxim, but if Maxim doesn't have to work too hard Motor Smoker won't be getting past him given draws. Given Major Croker (annihilated by Bling it On) finished close to Paua Fella (SA Derby) who finished close to Motor Smoker who finished close to Major Secret (throughout Jan) I also doubt the strength of the Maxim heat. I think Bling it On has a fair bit on the opposition, but whether he can repeat last weeks effort remains to be seen.
    Maxim and Sky Major. When Sky Major works Maxim beats him by 1.5 lengths. When Sky Major sits back and Maxim leads Sky Major gets within a length. Given Sky Major will have his back and cold sit I think Sky Major will be able to actually beat Maxim home.
    Bling it On probably did have a bit in reserve last week, but has struggled when doing it tough eg Menangle couple weeks back. Based on how close Sky Major got last week, if that was Maxim having Yayas run, I think Maxim finishes just as close (given how far Maxim beats Sky Major by back in NZ when Sky Major works), maybe closer. Therefore if Bling works harder in the death rather than in front I think Maxim may just beat Bling. Given I think Sky Major can out sprint Maxim with cold sit, my tip is Sky Major.
    Just need Maxim to lead and hope they don't hammer him too much into the ground, so he takes Sky Major to the death.

Happy to be on at $5 rather than the shorter odds on the favoured two. Lately things have changed a little bit but for a long time the Vic Derby was a NZers race so I going that way again!

Sky Major
    Maxim
    Bling
    Motor smoker
    Paua Fella
    Major Secret
    Lettucerockthem

I really liked Young Moderns run at Ballarat two starts back but after watching replays thought he was entitled to fight on bit more last week.
    So close yet so far, thought I had it at the top of the straight, and even halfway down was still very hopeful. Maxim too good with a run like that! Well done to Brent on the Yayas place odds.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Pulled their pants down! It promised so much and then delivered a lead time of 46.5 (.2 quicker than the monte!) and a first quarter of 30.5.......connections would have been counting the moolah. We will have to wait and see if Maxim can hold his own as a leader.
    Just watched the replays (at a poorly scheduled 21st last night) Chilli Palmer/Nike Franco OMFG!!! Makes me scratch my head as to why Blitzthemcalder was taken out of that stable.
    Mach Beauty went like a jet.......enigma??

+ Reply to Thread