+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Australasian Trotting Championship

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker

Australasian Trotting Championship

50K is laughable.

You'd think with the money they've saved hardly if ever having proper Metro racing in Victoria three out of every four weeks they could of chipped in a few more dollars.

and the Peanuts at the helm are probably scratching their heads as to why no Kiwi's made the effort.

Victoria is a distant third in a 3 horse race and falling further behind.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    and G1 for 50K is almost as ridiculous as the G2 for 30K in the last. The second last is G3 for 20K. That's hilarious.

The first at Menangle on Saturday is a M0 worth 20K. G3 in Melbourne

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Great effort by winner, clearly at the top, based on his run, too good and well deserved.
    Blitz was massive tho, and i do believe quite a better effort than My High Expectations.
    Watch him in the replay, Dan Mielecki (hope thats spelt right, apologies Dan if not!) said after the fact that Blitz was away slowly but safe. Not at all. He trotted away slowly, then half galloped, half trotted and did this for about 150m at least. Meanwhile MHE skips away for 10m gets down into a trot and zooms around the field to lead.
    By now Blitz would be 50m or more from MHE, sets off to the death, races there for the last 1100m or so, MHE runs 28.8 and 28.7 last 800m and Blitz goes down fighting by 5.4m, thats huge.
    Blitz now has left Dean Brauns stable last night and needs a new trainer!!!
    Very interesting to see where he lands...

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Great effort by winner, clearly at the top, based on his run, too good and well deserved.
    Blitz was massive tho, and i do believe quite a better effort than My High Expectations.
    Watch him in the replay, Dan Mielecki (hope thats spelt right, apologies Dan if not!) said after the fact that Blitz was away slowly but safe. Not at all. He trotted away slowly, then half galloped, half trotted and did this for about 150m at least. Meanwhile MHE skips away for 10m gets down into a trot and zooms around the field to lead.
    By now Blitz would be 50m or more from MHE, sets off to the death, races there for the last 1100m or so, MHE runs 28.8 and 28.7 last 800m and Blitz goes down fighting by 5.4m, thats huge.
    Blitz now has left Dean Brauns stable last night and needs a new trainer!!!
    Very interesting to see where he lands...
    I think beginning safe from the stand has a different meaning in Vic...just see GoldAce Shep Cup.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I think beginning safe from the stand has a different meaning in Vic...just see GoldAce Shep Cup.
    I did quote race caller Dan, however harness.org.au says after Blitz, "slow out. raced roughly" which is 100% correct, its just that Dan missed it, mind u he was trying to watch 14 or so horses at the same time.
    I mentioned Dans "away safe, but slow" to make people aware who may not have noticed that Blitz was rough losing a lot of ground, in case they missed it.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    and G1 for 50K is almost as ridiculous as the G2 for 30K in the last. The second last is G3 for 20K. That's hilarious.

The first at Menangle on Saturday is a M0 worth 20K. G3 in Melbourne
    I agree totally Bob. I was beginning to think there was a resurgence in the trotter and that I may have to start following them as well as the pacers but with those stakes they will soon die out. I have asked "where is the money" in Vic and been told it is paying off Melton. One would hope Melton would be making money. I pass it a fair bit on my way home to the Gap and am always surprised how many cars there are in the carpark (talking non trots here too) and I am assuming it is a popular venue
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Really like Blitzthemcalder as a horse but he will have to find some manners and speed at the start to compete with My High Expectations. Nothing against Blitz but MHE comes out like a scolded cat.

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Really like Blitzthemcalder as a horse but he will have to find some manners and speed at the start to compete with My High Expectations. Nothing against Blitz but MHE comes out like a scolded cat.
    100% correct Richard.
    He is only a baby really in square gaiters terms at the highest level and a damn big gangly but beautiful one at that.
    At only 4, and now racing australias best, because of his physical immaturity, i am sure it may take at least a year until he becomes as rock solid as MHE or a Sundons Gift or I Can Doosit.
    MHE is now 7 yrs old. he was a good 3yo running 3rd in NSW Trotters Derby and 2nd in Vic Derby, however after about a year off he came back won 3 races but in his next 20 odd races in a row at Menangle, he only won 1 against T3-5 type competition.
    He then went to his current stable and has now won 17 of 32 races!! Thats called getting his sh*t together, combination of age and a new trainer.
    So i think at this point Blitz is actually quite ahead of where MHE was at the same age! Not only a good sign but maybe scary in a good way that we may just have one of Australias greatest trotters just warming up.
    Time will tell.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Totally agree Ash, It will all come together with time and experience, He's a real excitement machine that's for sure. Any word on his new trainer yet???? Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Avenel !!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Watched him closely last night Ash. Awesome looking beast! Beautiful trotter but seems to be all over the place when asked to go fast.

MHE complete opposite. Faster he goes, more he looks comfortable.

Can't knock what D. Braun done with him. 5 starts, 4 wins and beaten in close finish last week. Big run again this week. Now heading elsewhere. To each his own...

Was a great night and well done HRV!

Big crowd (biggest since opening night) and great nights racing.

+ Reply to Thread