Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: For a reason

Member Filly latemail_cam will become famous soon enough latemail_cam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cameron Lee
    Occupation
    CEO
    Thats a sad case one would suspect he may have also been a real star

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Smiling Shard is the best horse at the moment. Simply because he is more seasoned than the others, has been thrown in the deep end early and he has stepped up to the mark and gone to the next level. For A Reason has not been knocked around (even though seems he may have abit of a heart problem, already fibrulated once) and in time I beleive can develop into a better horse than Smiling Shard and go all the way, very nice animal, yes he beat nothing Friday night but he did it very well. Lanercost on the other hand, pretender! Has awesome speed, but thats it. Beat Be Good Johnny the other week however, was a mile, got the easiest lead in the world, walked the first half and sprinted home with Be Good Johnny starting his run 4-5 lenghts off him. Anytime Lanercost has been in a big race, he has always been beaten, he doesnt have that X factor, the will to win, stick his neck out all day attitude like the really good ones have. Yes easy lead over a mile, very hard to beat once you get amounst the big boys, they are very few and far between. Motu Crusader is also a star on the rise, probably always play second fiddle to For A Reason while hes in Lukes care however hes as tough as nails and knows were the post is and is a deadset trier.

As for David Hercules, maybe abit unfair to give the trainer a spray for bringing the horse to NSW, sometimes owners can be very pushy, especially with young stars, they might have just wanted to see him race, I could be wrong though and the trainer may have been off the mark.

For A Reason, future star!

Junior Member Weanling Bucky will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Britt Graham
    Lanercost sat outside RenaIssance man in the Australian derby and beat him in a slick time for the long journey.... If that's not showing some heart I dunno what does?

The race hasnt been won yet, the hondo grattan was a 'lead up' race.... The point is to qualify....

triplev123
    Renaissance Man has a bit of Hot House Flower about him, imo. He doesn't like being looked in the eye. Cuttheattitude stared him down in brutal fashion at 2yrs and then Lanercost did it to him at 3. I agree Bucky. Lanercost is a fair bit tougher than some give him credit for.

Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Still dont beleive he will make the big time.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Whilst Lanercost is a very, very nice horse, i also dont view him up there right at the top.

Smiling Shard and For A Reason are much better IMO

triplev123
    Just had a look through his career record & Dazza & Mightymo have a point. Lanercost is a bit on the mercurial side, more than I'd realised anyway.
    At 2yrs, 2nd in the 100k Seymour Nursery Pace. At 2yrs, 2nd in the 311k Breeders Crown Final. At 3yrs, 3rd in the 200k VIC Derby Final. At 3yrs, 1st in the 100k Australian Derby.At 3yrs, 4th in the 188k Breeders Crown Final. Damned fine horse but pretty much every big $ race he has contested he has missed out on bar one & that was the Australian Derby in Tassie when he was in against relatively lesser competition overall. I agree about Smiling Shard in particular. I think he'll be the next Grand Circuit star. This time next year he'll be right up with the older horses.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I think Lanercosts run the other night was super, 26.8 1st quarter and worked to get the lead and the one who beat him had a cold sit. I think different than most and i think Lanercost will go on to win some nice races.

Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    All due respect to Lanercost and everyones opinion on here but to come out in 26.8 at Menangle these days is nothing too rare. Like Ive said hes a lovely horse and everyone would love one in their backyard but when it gets down to it, he just doesnt have the X factor. I did forget about his win over Renaissance Man and I do beleive that was when he was going his best, I really liked him early on for the QLD derbys but he was just a class below For A Reason, he did have a hammy problem though in his defence.
    Do agree with triplev through, Smiling Shard head and heels above all other 4yo's at the moment but For A Reason who is with who I beleive to be one the best trainers going around will make the big time one day.

buster
    no reserve for this weeks race???

russley rascal looks good fixed odds, should lead and win, went huge last start

+ Reply to Thread