Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Richard sorry that I make the mistake between Brennan and Seers but again the fact he was barred in the first place was an absolute joke.
    Kevin as for this article considering that in the US there is speculation that Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert had horses die for large does of Cobalt I find it funny that California was allowed to participate.
    The facts are these stories are straight from the officialdom that are trying to enforce the rules.
    The facts are HRNSW has convicted basically nobodies. Not the leading trainers that appear to turn horses form around overnight. Although some of them have had a bit of a drop of in these regards lately.
    The thing is most of the trainers with the exception of McDowell have not had the funds to fight.
    The difference is Moody, Kavanaghs and O'Brien do.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Jack, the fact that officialdom are trying to enforce the rules and making it public is fine by me - esp if we are talking about a substance that is rumoured to have caused horses to die.
    Maybe some trainers have not got so much money that they can afford to pursue loopholes. At this point, McDowell, Moody, Kavanagh and O'Brien are still in trouble
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I hear McDowell is north of $300,000 and counting

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    It's funny you say that Kevin I just watched the news and the ATC and Longines had Peter Moody front and centre promoting their new sectional time equipment hardly seemed like a dead walking. At the very least they won't treat them like criminals like HRNSW have. I think McDowells and Days at minimum initially got some very bad advice. But I hear they are challenging the clAssification of cobalt. Read the NSW penalty guidelines and if it's a Class 1 under the definition I will give it away.

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    I am not sure what your point is Jack.

Are you advocating that Cobalt is a nothing drug and Authorities should not be pursuing those that return readings over 200?

Your comments regarding Gural are also interesting. At least he has the guts to take on those that like to operate outside of the rules.

Perhaps we should all give up and let trainers do whatever they want.

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    One of the most respected and proactive jurisdictions from an integrity perspective in the world is The Hong Kong Jockey Club and they have set their level at 100.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    You obviously miss the point with Gural he tries to bar you and gets overruled, controls the sample who knows what could happen.
    Trying to compare Hong Kong with its all horses on course, of course all trainers invited and treated by Jockey Club vets is like trying to compare an apple with a watermelon.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Jack, I think the point was that HK have the Cobalt level at 100 and the other question was whether you think Cobalt is a nothing drug
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    I think the point Jack is trying to make is that he likes/dislikes some people/cheats and some drugs/substances more than he dislikes/likes other cheats/people and substances/drugs........am I getting warm Jack??

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    i would say that you are getting very warm dan.

+ Reply to Thread