Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 94 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Interesting stuff Toni
    With the chances of a false positive being 2.5 Million to 1 at the level of 120 ug/L
    I think 120 would be a high enough level
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Internati...E-COURT-ACTION

http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/action...?jgmtid=174661

This is from the Harnesslink web site.

I haven't read the entire Supreme Court finding and some will most likely go over my head but I don't understand how anyone would have thought challenging HRNSW's right to implement local rules would fly.
    Some of the research presented surrounding cobalt is great reading. Might just go and check that list of readings HRNSW published!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Some of the research presented surrounding cobalt is great reading. Might just go and check that list of readings HRNSW published!
    Do you still have a link to that Brenno?
    What category did Beautide fit into?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Do you still have a link to that Brenno?
    What category did Beautide fit into?
    http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au...2027082014.pdf

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Brendan
    Beautide had a 43 reading
    A reading of 50 is said to only have 1 chance in 118 of being a false positive
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Hi Brian.
    In my opinion I believe the threshold is WAY TO HIGH as I think it only encourages people to use it and I think it should be given the same scrutiny as steroids in that the level should never be exceeded in the horses life. Horses should able to be tested 24/7 for anything.
    One question I have is , " are horses tested upon their arrival into the retention barn ?" & if not they bloody well should be.
    maybe you can answer that Adam..................thanks.
    Trish all horses from foals up can be tested at any time by the powers that be if needed or required its under the rules about out of competition testing.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Thanks Greg, didn't realise that from foals. Would it be against the rules to have a cobalt level over 200 in out of race testing, I don't know if it is, trainers used to be able to use steroids as long as it didn't show up on race day.
    I Noticed we didn't get an answer out of Adam regarding the swabbing upon arrival to the retention barn, maybe he can fill us in when he gets a chance.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Thanks Greg, didn't realise that from foals. Would it be against the rules to have a cobalt level over 200 in out of race testing, I don't know if it is, trainers used to be able to use steroids as long as it didn't show up on race day.
    I Noticed we didn't get an answer out of Adam regarding the swabbing upon arrival to the retention barn, maybe he can fill us in when he gets a chance.
    Somewhat related, I wondered if it was an offence to even have cobalt on your premises.
    The reason I ask is that some horses tested well above the normal <5 reading and although less than 200, you would think they were receiving more than cobalt enriched feed.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Somewhat related, I wondered if it was an offence to even have cobalt on your premises.
    The reason I ask is that some horses tested well above the normal <5 reading and although less than 200, you would think they were receiving more than cobalt enriched feed.
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=24690
    Hi Kevin, In this article it has a bit at the end about cobalt on your premises.

+ Reply to Thread