Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I suggest any horse be it harness or thoroughbred that suddenly dies from a heart attack be tested for cobalt.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by allanjg View Post
    i have just finished reading the sun news paper,many pages on the doping "bomb shell",i have also read the local rag the warrnambool standard from front to back and not one single word on the subject......tim auld the standards racing guru and renowned disliker of harness racing is deafening with his silence.....are there any age readers out there that can tell me if it has run any press on the doping issue....the warrnambool standard is owned by the age.
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Thoroughbred horses sell newspapers, form guide, superstar jockeys, how the other half live.....They won't shoot themselves in the foot with adverse stories, I love the way harness racing always gets a mention at the bottom of the stories.
    Wait for the spin doctors......it will start soon.....some poorly paid stablehand or hands will get the blame and the muti millionaire trainers will get a $30,000 fine." The Untouchables"
    Quote Originally Posted by DRUIDRACING View Post
    spot on p.plater said a similar thing last night but my post was removed.
    As Allan said many pages in the Sun and the main headline on the front page of The Age (Racings Black Day) plus all the first 4 pages of sport (the back 4 pages) so on this occassion you are wrong PP and D
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-16-2015 at 12:00 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I'm sorry Kev I must have missed the result of the cases, sure all media are running with the stories at the moment...it sells papers...lets see in a week or so if its still covers 4 pages as you say. If advertisers pull copy, it will fade away. I was referring to the outcome.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I'm sorry Kev I must have missed the result of the cases, sure all media are running with the stories at the moment...it sells papers...lets see in a week or so if its still covers 4 pages as you say. If advertisers pull copy, it will fade away. I was referring to the outcome.
    Very cute P
    Really LOL

Thoroughbred horses sell newspapers, form guide, superstar jockeys, how the other half live.....They won't shoot themselves in the foot with adverse stories, I love the way harness racing always gets a mention at the bottom of the stories.
    Wait for the spin doctors......it will start soon.....some poorly paid stablehand or hands will get the blame and the muti millionaire trainers will get a $30,000 fine." The Untouchables"
    Front page Main Headline
    Racing's Black Day
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    Sydney herald reporting there has been positives to cobalt in Vic harness racing at the end of last year concerning one stable

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone george View Post
    Sydney herald reporting there has been positives to cobalt in Vic harness racing at the end of last year concerning one stable
    http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...16-12rvhs.html

"I think we were the first to begin looking closely at the cobalt issue," he said. "It's an ongoing investigation and at this stage we can only confirm that we are looking closely at samples taken late last year."

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=24690

HRV have been and will continue to arrange for collected swab samples to be analysed by Australian and international racing laboratories for the presence of elevated cobalt levels. Samples have been analysed dating back to 2013
    With respect to retrospective testing, the fact that this threshold is established now does not prevent action from being taken under the existing rules of the time whereby evidence of the misuse of cobalt is present

Action would be under the pre-existing EPO/DPO hypoxia inducible factor rules/ruling?
    If the SMH article is correct there seems to be some conflicting time frames?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Wayne, are you meaning Oct 14 as opposed to Oct 1?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I realise it's only a quote in a newspaper article Kev, so not so much an Oct 1 v Oct 14 thing. More so if HRV will be acting if there are any positives dating back to 2013, with reference to HRV's official notice.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Right, the SMH is only brief and I do not think that it contradicts the possibility of 2013 cases.
    IMO however, you would think that if that was going to happen it would already have or would have to be soon as the ruling has been in 3mths now.
    You would think the chances of pursuing an old positive would be much harder legally and I think would be more likely to happen if they had a post Oct14 to go with it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I think Vic both thoroughbred and harness were waiting for the results of the Day/McDowell numerous court challenges decisions before they considered acting.
    A bit like the Race fields case.

+ Reply to Thread