+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 94 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Banned Yearling cityboy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dougie miller
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    George,

If you do land a job as a foreman will you take it onto yourself to drug the horses up? Will you knock back jobs at honest stables? I wouldn't have thought someone with A grade trainers aspirations should be advocating cheating.
    MY ARGUMENT IS NOT ABOUT `DRUGGING` IN PARTICULAR BUT `CHEATS` I FOR ONE AS ABOVE MENTIONED IF I WAS AN OWNER I WOULDNT MIND RUNNING PLACINGS TO CHEATS AS IT WOULD PRESERVE THE HORSES PRIZEMONEY EARNINGS (EXCEPT FOR 2 & 3YO) IN THOSE CASES ON MOST CIRCUMSTANCES YOU WOULD NEED A EXCEPTION HORSE ANYWAY. I PERSONALLY WOULDNT DRUG MY HORSES BECAUSE OF THE SEVERE PENALTIES IN PLACE THOUGH I UNDERSTAND IF OTHER TRAINERS DID. THOUGH NOT TALKING MYSELF UP THOUGH IVE SEEN A LOT OF GOOD TRAINERS AND A LOT OF BAD TRAINERS, AND THERES NOT MUCH PROFIT TO BE MADE ITS JUST THE SPORT I WAS COMPETITIVE AT. I HAVE BEEN TO SEVERAL OUTSIDE JOBS AND I CANT ESCAPE THE b%$#T THAT GOES ON TURNING FULLTIME TO CASUAL JOBS, WHINGING SO OTHERS CAN GET THE SHIFTS ETC - ITS NEVER ENDING.

Real Name
    dougie miller
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    George,

If you do land a job as a foreman will you take it onto yourself to drug the horses up? Will you knock back jobs at honest stables? I wouldn't have thought someone with A grade trainers aspirations should be advocating cheating.
    - i preferbly wouldnt like a job with a dishonest stable as sooner or later i wouldn't have that job, though preferably i would like to find a trainer or person with a property who may be struggling & i could take the hands on position of preparing the horses to race so they can concentrate on obtaining horses or breeding /relaxing etc. i dont wish to be constantly ridiculed and lose sleep over something thats not leisurely or im comftorable with. you could give me thousands of dollars a week but i would be getting up at 4am 7 days a week and not stopping till after dark and somecases into the wee hours of morning.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
    yeehaa yipee lets get rid of all the drug cheats and cheer the stewards for cleaning the industry up. by the way they are going we will be left with a bunch of losing trainers and punters that go to a pub on afternoon or evening having a bet . who the hell wants to back a bunch of whinging losing trainers or a bunch of trolls jealous on others success. they risk life and limb to get the success. the trots are the red hots. the good old saying goes if ya cant beat em join em. why would i want to feed losing trainers? or harbour them for that matter? they keep the industry running 1. product , 2. winners for the punters, 3. returns for the owners, 4. a good image for outsiders looking in.

for christ sake look at it from a punters perspective they want to back winners and not people they havent heard of that rarely get winners, let alone they safety issues to all the whingers that are bagging all the trainers and industry. lets face the facts whingers dont have a go or are not good enough and want the competition gone so they can take over. it doesnt work like that. horses are expensive to keep in training & and returns with losing trainers , well thats a no brainer - why should people spend their hard earned on losers? losers should just go and find another hobby, and it will be cheaper for the people that spend money on horses for losers to waste. p.s - if i still owned horses id want my horses running places and not winning so they didnt get up in grades, so it would be a pleasure for cheats to keep winning so my horses racing life would be preserved.
    These losers as you say keep the game going and we get rid of the supposed good trainers with pos swabs then it evens up the playing field and those co called losers will win races perhaps you should be the one leaving the game instead of having a go at the battlers that keep our game afloat.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    dougie miller
    good suggestion, as for leaving the game yes i left the game in 2010 and been doing it on and off since year 2000, just looking expressions of interest on what sort of work is out there, my findings are there isnt any money for trainers to be paying staff unless you a massive stable then they would work the c$%^&& out of you 6-7 days a week for the minimum wage so i havent been persuaded to make a return. as for trainers being left after all the (cheaters) being outed , i dont know hwre the horses are going to come from as as far as the owners i know wouldnt support other trainers but would just give the game away. the only possibility would be breeders having no option but to send their horses to trainers on deals. its to strengthening the industry its weakening. remember the days of going to the trots to follow the money a get a tip, or someone buying a horse a getting a thrill out of winning? now its more of a prizemoney sport and people arnt prepared to risk money , its too precious to invest in whats left.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
    good suggestion, as for leaving the game yes i left the game in 2010 and been doing it on and off since year 2000, just looking expressions of interest on what sort of work is out there, my findings are there isnt any money for trainers to be paying staff unless you a massive stable then they would work the c$%^&& out of you 6-7 days a week for the minimum wage so i havent been persuaded to make a return. as for trainers being left after all the (cheaters) being outed , i dont know hwre the horses are going to come from as as far as the owners i know wouldnt support other trainers but would just give the game away. the only possibility would be breeders having no option but to send their horses to trainers on deals. its to strengthening the industry its weakening. remember the days of going to the trots to follow the money a get a tip, or someone buying a horse a getting a thrill out of winning? now its more of a prizemoney sport and people arnt prepared to risk money , its too precious to invest in whats left.
    I am not sure you are putting enough thought into some of these post Dougie.
    Do you think the emboldened part has changed?!

I understand that there may be less people prepared to take the risk of buying a horse but what does "its too precious to invest in whats left" mean?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    http://www.harnesslink.com/USA/India...w-cobalt-rules

Good read.
    Any one know how much 25 parts per billion (ppb) is??

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    http://www.harnesslink.com/USA/India...w-cobalt-rules

Good read.
    Any one know how much 25 parts per billion (ppb) is??
    Not sure if the ppb bit is right trish, the current level in NSW is 200mg/litre which is 200 ppm, which would be equivalent to 200,000 ppb?

something not right there,

cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Not sure if the ppb bit is right trish, the current level in NSW is 200mg/litre which is 200 ppm, which would be equivalent to 200,000 ppb?

something not right there,

cheers,
    Dan
    I just copied it from the article .....The threshold level will be 25 parts per billion (ppb).
    I wouldn't have a clue Dan but thanks for answering.
    Cheers,
    Trish

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    25 ppb is 0.025 ppm
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    Hopefully we get the same max level here sooner rather then later, im predicting a fair few horses may go backwards when we do. By backwards i mean back to thier original ability!

+ Reply to Thread