Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by MJD View Post
    Rodney Pike gone! Rodney Pike pleaded guilty to 5 charges & has been disqualified for a period of 8 years. In considering penalty Stewards were mindful of the following; Pike’s previous offence for a Rule 190 breach, that Cobalt is deemed a Class 1 substance under the HRNSW Penalty Guidelines, the levels recorded being 360ug/L, 530ug/L, 1200ug/L, 1440ug/L & 2360ug/L well above the threshold. Maybe the 200 micrograms threshold is too low since Colbalt is found in most horse feeds, vitamins, however, it can also be given in a powder form or injected and in this case the 200 micrograms threshold was well exceeded in each of the 5 charges.

feel free to read articles posted previously by others. Post 292 could have saved your typing digit.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Court of Appeal today
    Justice R McColl
    Justice R Macfarlan
    Justice M Leeming
    Hearing
    10:15 AM
    2014/00308740
    Appeal: Neil Anthony Day v Harness Racing New South Wales
    Law Courts Building
    Court 12A Queens Square Sydney
    Any results from this appeal

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    I had an absolute fill up on that race. Thought I was just a good judge.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I hope NSW are going to continue to be trailblazers in transparency. I dont think we have not had any test results after 1/7/14
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    I think this thread should be renamed as if you read the Supreme Courts previous judgement on the McDowell/Day case the cobalt and the chloride separate and only cobalt and or chloride are detected in the urine not cobalt chloride. Reading some of the information and facts on this issue I wonder whether some people within harness racing find it their personal mission to make a stand on this issue.
    When I read the HRNSW guideline with regards penalties, they state that "This category of drugs have the highest potential to affect performance and have no generally accepted medical use in the racing horse."
    If this is the case with Cobalt why is it allowed to be included in feed and supplements used in all forms of racing. First thing Read and HRNSW should be doing is closing down all feed producers that sell feed with Cobalt as an additive. What would happen if an element of a feed was EPO.
    I genuinely hope that all cheats in harness racing are given the flick as soon as possible but when I examine the facts I cannot wonder why this issue is there another hidden agenda. Can't wait for the day we start testing for the amount of oats the horse was fed.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    First and foremost has to be animal welfare. Injudicious use of excessive Cobalt is severely detrimental to a horse's health. From some of the Cobalt levels published Reid should be applauded for the stance he has taken. Pretty sure Reid has sought the cooperation of feed and supplement manufacturers in not increasing the level of Cobalt in their products. Am sure all trainers wouldn't let their horses have free access to the oats silo but obviously some have been willing to over dose with Cobalt in whatever form. And I'm pretty sure trainers know over loading with a gut full of oats won't improve performance but they do know about Cobalt but not the consequences to their horse's long term health. Here's a delusional thought, racing authorities rule horses can race on oats and chaff only. Still only one winner, still horses for people to punt on.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    The swabbing procedures test for cobalt. The fact that cobalt comes as cobalt chloride is like putting milk on your weet-bix, the body finds it much easier to process. Its like adding ascorbic acid to iron, its easier absorbed. It is a category 1 "drug" when used at levels above the allowable threshold . Bi carb is also illegal at high levels . Cobalt is allowed in feed and other supplements because it is a naturally occurring heavy metal which is not easily absorbed and there is no chance of reaching the threshold ,or even getting close ,if you obey the rules . I think everyone should make it their personal mission to make a stand . Have you seen or heard about this years breeding numbers disaster ?

http://www.harnesslink.com/New-Zeala...t-for-breeders
    Last edited by trish; 11-28-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am going to put the above link in the Ray Chaplin thread Trish

For those who did not read his report but find Trish's link interesting - just read the 'blue' in the first post in the following thread

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...industry-sport

It still stuns me that he sent his report to HRA and never even received acknowledgement of receipt
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    I am sorry but Reid has got you all bluffed. If you get access to the Misuse of Cobalt in horses report it recommends that the out of competition testing in horses level should be set at 2000 micrograms/litre, so the welfare of horses is simply just a big bluff. .
    Can you please post a link to this cobalt report that you have mentioned so we can read it.

I might be wrong I often am but wasn't Mr Beatie head steward while the "green light affair" was going on? If I am wrong on this point I apologise.

+ Reply to Thread