Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    Yes you do and I think rule 183 is the same rule NSW stewards have used to stand down trainers with cobalt positives pending full enquiries. So the question is why haven't Qld used that national rule?

183. Pending the outcome of an inquiry, investigation or objection, or where a person has been charged with an offence, the Stewards MAY direct one or more of the following -

(a) that a horse shall not be nominated for or compete in a race;

(b) that a driver shall not drive or otherwise take part in a race;

(c) that the horses of certain connections shall not be nominated for or start in a race;

(d) that a licence or any other type of authority or permission be suspended.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    183. Pending the outcome of an inquiry, investigation or objection, or where a person has been charged with an offence, the Stewards MAY direct one or more of the following -

(a) that a horse shall not be nominated for or compete in a race;

(b) that a driver shall not drive or otherwise take part in a race.

(c) that the horses of certain connections shall not be nominated for or start in a race;

(d) that a licence or any other type of authority or permission be suspended.

Yes that's the rule I mentioned. As I wrote l asked the question WHY Qld had not made use of that rule. I understand that Qld have the option as to whether they enforce the rule but I wonder why when cobalt is classed as a class 1 drug. I would think that there may be some Qld trainers also asking the same question with what has happened in NSW.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Analysts, vets to call for halving cobalt limit.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...03-135546.html

The trainers with positives over 200 would seem to be in a lot of trouble to me
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Analysts, vets to call for halving cobalt limit.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...03-135546.html

The trainers with positives over 200 would seem to be in a lot of trouble to me

Aren't they already in trouble Kev? 100 would seem to be beneficial in counteracting the non race day/cumulative administration for the EPO effect.
    Last edited by arlington; 02-04-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    Yes that's the rule I mentioned. As I wrote l asked the question WHY Qld had not made use of that rule. I understand that Qld have the option as to whether they enforce the rule but I wonder why when cobalt is classed as a class 1 drug. I would think that there may be some Qld trainers also asking the same question with what has happened in NSW.
    no sure whats going on up here Toni..a trainer suggested to me the other night that maybe it is so wide spread across the sport the authoritys are progressing forward very very carefully..who knows,I tend to stick to myself these days & worry about my own backyard...i will say one thing,i dont know whether its coincidence or not but I have noticed the playing field seemingly getting leveller of late(just look at some of the results the last month)..massive drop in those "big runs" carpark half the trip to the death & then first to the winning post etc..if it is a result of what is happening behind closed doors I applaud the efforts & acknowledge how difficult some of these cases can get legal wise as I am sure everyone doesnt want to see the big fish get away through lawyers,loopholes,rushed hearings & money..at the end of the day thats all we want,a level playing field & EVERYONE regardless who they are or who they are "backed" by gets treated & penalised the same way..
    Last edited by HISGEN65; 02-04-2015 at 03:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    after whats happened in vic in the last few days with the 5 arrests and also books and papers been taken by the "squad", i am thinking that there might be a few trainers of all codes walking around with their hands in their pockets, eyes to the ground and kicking the dirt on the ground.

Junior Member Weanling niloc will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    colin robinson

cobalt cholride families.

i have a simple solution to suspected skullduggery,ban all families ,why do we get such domination in harness racing in many of our states?is this purely coincidental that our industry suffers in the end because of what appears to be a monopoly in various racing centres. Many appear from nowhere, others appear from relative obscurity and all of a sudden seem to have gained miraculous training regimes that your average hard working trainers can not compete with.Perhaps i'm being too much of the cynic but many of these people have direct contact with North America.We need to employ people specifically who have law and enforcement experience in these areas not some people who's hearts are in the right places but in their heads are out of their class.all who love this sport want a level playing field and never want to hear derogatory terms such as'the red hots' etc.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We all know you post tongue-in-cheek. Don't forget families dominate in most forms of industry - some good/some bad. It is fairly usual for children to follow in their parents' footsteps
    As far as employing people with law and enforcement experience, I am pretty sure that we often have
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I was told by a reliable source that several big name Victorian trainers were issued with notices regarding excessive cobalt levels just last week. I was told names but I won't repeat them . I must say that their runners in the last week seem to have lost a leg ! If it's true it will rock the sport, has anyone else herd any similar whispers ?
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    If we could only get rid of all the cheats. I look at the top of the Vic premiership tables for the last decade and see it riddled with cheats - sickening
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread