Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Totally wrong Dan and Allan. I have a bit more intellect and don't just think everyone is cheating that people like yourself normally do. My point is there are a number trainers that have almost unbelievable results and despite stewards supposedly being the world leaders in integrity have still only caught minnows using this supposed wonder drug. I ask you this there have been a number of trials held with regard levels and retention periods but has the effect of the EPO like substance ever been tested.... No.
    Even though HRNSW guidelines would not categorise Cobalt as a Class 1 HRNSW just make up their own guidelines and here we go again with Argon and Xenon.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Cobalt is a heavy metal. So the simple fact that some horses are returning very high levels (to put it mildly) should be a concern to anyone who has the horses welfare as a priority.

I don't agree with Jack's statement that the NSW stewards haven't done adequate tests on cobalt (if I have miss quoted you Jack I apologise). I am happy with the way the NSW stewards are working on the problem. Having said that I fully agree with Jack's comment regarding the improvement of some horses.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So Jack, I gather the stables you are suspicious of are not 'minnows' so I am thinking we are talking larger professional stables - maybe they are just better conditioners or if your suspicions are correct then maybe they are smart enough/well resourced enough to do their own testing and make sure their horses do not exceed any limits. It could also be that they are one drug ahead of the pack - a sad thought but a possibility that the stewards would have considered however unlikely some may hope that is. One thing for sure is that it does the industry no good having people speculate that this is so without a shred of evidence. We have to have a well resourced integrity panel that we have faith in - something you do not seem to have Jack.
    There is a fair chance that cobalt could become history as who would be stupid enough to be experimenting with it in the current climate
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Yes Reid Sanders has already said in an interview that they think that they are probably a step behind the cheats.

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    to toni and kevin,and to annyone else that loves the harness racing industry as much as i do, should only want to see it ran as straight as it possibly can be...i had an hour or so to-day to do some web surfing,i looked at cycling,athletics,mounting climbing, gymnastics and of course racing,gallops, harness and hounds...i came to one conclusion,[although i`ve known it since i was a thirteen year old resetting the lure at the local grey hound meeting] that money dictates it all...the drugs "performance inhancers' call them what you want,are the first priority to some trainers of all codes...the list of "inhancers" is staggering....out there,there are hundreds of poorly paid industrial chemists who can make some side money to come up with the "good stuff", and believe it is happening...so if the integrity people of our sport put all their effort and expense into trying to make it a level playing field for all of us owners ,trainers,punters and just fans,well then lets get behind them and let them know that there are people around that are on their side...

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Totally wrong Dan and Allan. I have a bit more intellect and don't just think everyone is cheating that people like yourself normally do. My point is there are a number trainers that have almost unbelievable results and despite stewards supposedly being the world leaders in integrity have still only caught minnows using this supposed wonder drug. I ask you this there have been a number of trials held with regard levels and retention periods but has the effect of the EPO like substance ever been tested.... No.
    Even though HRNSW guidelines would not categorise Cobalt as a Class 1 HRNSW just make up their own guidelines and here we go again with Argon and Xenon.
    I think the point Jack is trying to make is that he likes/dislikes some people/cheats and some drugs/substances more than he dislikes/likes other cheats/people and substances/drugs........am I getting warm Jack??

Absolutely nothing you stated has changed my mind Jack.....Cobalt is but one substance in a long and ever growing list of what the cheats/chemists/ keep coming up with, as regards to why it is a Class 1 drug, geez, if you reckon it's not then what in the hell is??

I still have no idea why you keep trying to argue that Cobalt is over rated class wise, one things for sure Jack, it's not as "innocent" as something as despicable as say caffiene!

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    I think that this should be in this thread. If not please move.

Harness Racing NSW Fail in Challenge to Defamation Claims

Trainers Dean McDowell and Neil Day are suing Harness Racing NSW in the Supreme Court of NSW for defamation in relation to media releases published in April and May 2014. Mr McDowell & Mr Day claim that the media releases suggested that as trainers (a) they are in danger to the integrity of the harness racing industry, (b) they achieved victory for a horse by administering a substance above the legal limit and (c) they are cheats in harness racing.

On Friday 10 April 2015, Harness Racing NSW tried in three ways to challenge the trainers case about the meaning of the press releases, all of which failed. Justice Lucy McCallum found the case as pleaded was suitable to go to trial and ordered Harness Racing NSW pay the trainers legal costs.

http://us10.campaign-archive1.com/?u...1&e=7520800204

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Stewards Surveilance Activity prior to arrival on course !

From the stewards report at Maryborough yesterday:

HRV Stewards conducted surveillance activities today, including upon the Brian Kiesey trained Nicmac Bromac, scheduled to compete in this event, prior to its arrival on course. Subsequently Nicmac Bromac was scratched from the event by order of Stewards at 4.05 pm in accordance with Australian Rule of Harness Racing 193(5) regarding an alleged administration of a medication on raceday. Blood and urine swab samples collected from Nicmac Bromac will be analysed and the HRV Stewards will continue to investigate the matter.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    From the stewards report at Maryborough yesterday:

HRV Stewards conducted surveillance activities today, including upon the Brian Kiesey trained Nicmac Bromac, scheduled to compete in this event, prior to its arrival on course. Subsequently Nicmac Bromac was scratched from the event by order of Stewards at 4.05 pm in accordance with Australian Rule of Harness Racing 193(5) regarding an alleged administration of a medication on raceday. Blood and urine swab samples collected from Nicmac Bromac will be analysed and the HRV Stewards will continue to investigate the matter.
    cue Pink Panther theme
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Sounds a bit like the guy that used to pull up just outside Kilmore.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 04-17-2015 at 09:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread