Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 94 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    I don't think Harness gets much newspaper attention, but I did read somewhere that it is harmful and can kill horses in some circumstances. I'm not sure at what level this would occur. IMO its nasty stuff. But so is Meth, so is EPO, so is electrocution & the same question could be asked. I wonder if any case has ever been forwarded to the RSPCA before ?

Banned Yearling cityboy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dougie miller
    people take epo for most of their lives to keep healthy ,as for meth, i wouldnt think trainers would give their horses more than one dose before it races (once a week). iv seen people take meth most days for years i suppose you guys should be giving them some sort of attention. i so i wouldn't think its all that abusive compared to what has gone on in the past. all the trainers are doing is raising hemoglobin levels for them to have more endurance.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
    yeehaa yipee lets get rid of all the drug cheats and cheer the stewards for cleaning the industry up. by the way they are going we will be left with a bunch of losing trainers and punters that go to a pub on afternoon or evening having a bet . who the hell wants to back a bunch of whinging losing trainers or a bunch of trolls jealous on others success. they risk life and limb to get the success. the trots are the red hots. the good old saying goes if ya cant beat em join em. why would i want to feed losing trainers? or harbour them for that matter? they keep the industry running 1. product , 2. winners for the punters, 3. returns for the owners, 4. a good image for outsiders looking in.

for christ sake look at it from a punters perspective they want to back winners and not people they havent heard of that rarely get winners, let alone they safety issues to all the whingers that are bagging all the trainers and industry. lets face the facts whingers dont have a go or are not good enough and want the competition gone so they can take over. it doesnt work like that. horses are expensive to keep in training & and returns with losing trainers , well thats a no brainer - why should people spend their hard earned on losers? losers should just go and find another hobby, and it will be cheaper for the people that spend money on horses for losers to waste. p.s - if i still owned horses id want my horses running places and not winning so they didnt get up in grades, so it would be a pleasure for cheats to keep winning so my horses racing life would be preserved.

Gee Dougie . If you take the cheating out you still get winners , and winners in every race . Fact is that form may even stand up . So are you saying you don't mind trainers being cruel ?

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
    people take epo for most of their lives to keep healthy ,as for meth, i wouldnt think trainers would give their horses more than one dose before it races (once a week). iv seen people take meth most days for years i suppose you guys should be giving them some sort of attention. i so i wouldn't think its all that abusive compared to what has gone on in the past. all the trainers are doing is raising hemoglobin levels for them to have more endurance.
    For starters Dougie , people who take EPO have depleted bloods levels and are not healthy . Giving it to a healthy , normal body is dangerous . No ifs no buts .
    Meth doesn't do anything for haemoglobin levels but it does kill people every year , Is that ok is it ?

Real Name
    dougie miller
    not saying epo is cruelty, people that give horses meth are just butcher trainers, though punters want to see trainers regularly getting winners , if these trainers where outed you will be left with a bunch that share the winners round and opens up other forms of `race fixing` or `honestly bad drives from time to time . if they where smart you wouldnt need drugs to fix a race just trust from the happy family that would be left. = a new bunch to whinge about

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Wow Doug. Is it too hard to pick winners without backing horses that have been given a boost. Wow

Real Name
    dougie miller
    sorry im not in the know of any race fixing that goes on, and yes it is hard to back winners without trying to pick who the drug cheats are, so much so im at a loss. NOW THE QUESTION IS WHAT WOULD BE THE RESPONSE?

Real Name
    dougie miller
    why dont we have a tipping competition and try to prove a point? or should i give up betting on the trots. honestly the only whingers would be the bookmakers losing their money on winning punters or the tab fixed odds.

aussiebreno
    George,

If you do land a job as a foreman will you take it onto yourself to drug the horses up? Will you knock back jobs at honest stables? I wouldn't have thought someone with A grade trainers aspirations should be advocating cheating.

Real Name
    dougie miller
    Ther are lots of ways to fix a race without giving a horse drugs, depends on what extreme the `fixers` would go to

+ Reply to Thread