Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I've heard 2 names.....1 not surprised but the 2nd shocked me

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Lets hope we can have a" level playing field " sooner rather than later !
    Don't die wondering !

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    hi rick,i myself being involved in the harness racing industry,through owners,trainers,farriers,horse chiropractors,vets ,feed suppliers and even the visiting harness goods salesman the information that we gather is staggering....twelve months ago we were told to watch certain trainers and their "champs"....the cramp saga,we new about months ago....we just said they will GO,and they have...there are big names out there that have rode the wave of success through the use of dope at the expense of the owner trainers and the not so big time profession trainers,i myself,and few other concerned owner trainers and those people that have an interest in harness racing, really do hope that the authorities keep up the pressure on the cheats that they know about but can`t take the appropiate action until they have a solid case..... i have a lot more that i could say but i don`t want carhill stepping in....

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    I was told by a reliable source that several big name Victorian trainers were issued with notices regarding excessive cobalt levels just last week. I was told names but I won't repeat them . I must say that their runners in the last week seem to have lost a leg ! If it's true it will rock the sport, has anyone else herd any similar whispers ?
    What seems to me to be the differnece Nsw suspends the trainers and names them after the A sample returns positive Victoria and Qld dont just let them keep having runners.Dont think it would be hard to work out the names

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    Nothing will surprise me having said that the Greyhounds appear to be in the middle of their own little storm having just watched 4 Corners. The cynic in me says that the new racing minister will use the current storm clouds in all three codes to bring in a racing commission in Victoria some time this week.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by allanjg View Post
    hi rick,i myself being involved in the harness racing industry,through owners,trainers,farriers,horse chiropractors,vets ,feed suppliers and even the visiting harness goods salesman the information that we gather is staggering....twelve months ago we were told to watch certain trainers and their "champs"....the cramp saga,we new about months ago....we just said they will GO,and they have...there are big names out there that have rode the wave of success through the use of dope at the expense of the owner trainers and the not so big time profession trainers,i myself,and few other concerned owner trainers and those people that have an interest in harness racing, really do hope that the authorities keep up the pressure on the cheats that they know about but can`t take the appropiate action until they have a solid case..... i have a lot more that i could say but i don`t want carhill stepping in....
    You have to be fair Allan. We are lucky to have this forum to discuss the industry that we love. To prevent it from being a potentially malicious tool we are asked to use our real names. This being so means that not only the administrators of this site but also individuals could be at risk of legal action. Teecee is our most dedicated moderator and I suspect that without Tony Cahill giving of his time the administrators of this site could be forced to shut it down. TC is often protecting us from our own impulsiveness.

It is clearly not an easy job and I myself have had a ban hanging over my head at least once. I was upset about this but came to understand it. So try getting TC's name right and show him some respect because he is pretty much providing this forum for you.

Overall we all get on pretty dam well and problems can always be sorted out or seen for the mole-hills they really are, so everybody let's enjoy the opportunity to chew the fat with like-minded people. There will always be the odd personality clash but do not let it ruin all the good stuff

TC being TC this will probably be moved to another thread
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-16-2015 at 11:55 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Well Said Kev!!!!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    I would hate to see this discussion derailed. the cobalt issue is massive and if anyone thinks the Authorities have got to the bottom of it by now they are kidding themselves.. there is a school of thought that if everyone who has had detected levels above the VERY,VERY LENIENT thresholds currently in place was exposed and DQ'd a very large slice of our "professional" and "successful" trainers would be driving taxis for a living.Our sport needs more than a clean up....it needs a bit of a clean out too...the time for sweeping crap under the carpet has ended.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't see where the discussion is being derailed Dan, I do not believe there would be a more concentrated topic of 47 pages on this forum
    The worry might be if the powers that be allow the issue to be derailed - is that what you mean?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I don't see where the discussion is being derailed Dan, I do not believe there would be a more concentrated topic of 47 pages on this forum
    The worry might be if the powers that be allow the issue to be derailed - is that what you mean?
    Correct, my fault, terminology I used was misleading ie;"discussion" my apologies Kev, I was at the end of a rather big day and half asleep ( I can always find an excuse)

cheers,
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread