Thread: cobalt

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Teecee, you are entitled to remain uninformed if you so wish, you can also keep saying "there's no facts" if you so wish, this reminds me of an old expression "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"

I am definitley not telling you how to form your opinions Tony, but as some would say, "opinions are like a butt, everyone has one and some of them stink more than others."

Oh and by the way, I have done a truckload of research in recent weeks on this subject which I have not shared on this thread for several reasons. The time for pushing our heads in the sand is over, this is a real issue, but you don't have to believe me, just watch and see how it all unfolds.
    Last edited by Danno; 02-07-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Just saw carpet layers going into Headquarters. Apparently large bumps under the carpet.....maybe someone is trying to hide things and not confirm other reports.

Could be wrong.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Tony, not sure if you listened to the interview on this thread, but I was pretty convinced the vet knew both what he was talking about and he was doing so on the basis of credible research and information.
    My point here is this.....
    No posts on this thread lead me to Credible research. HRNSW has yet to consider "credible research". That is why they have a threshold double that of HKJC who also have a threshold level for Cobalt Chloride.
    When you speak of others naïve after a statement like above......Have you never considered a second opinion? especially when it comes to medical conditions of animals. Or can you talk to your animals???

The niavity of your comment about if you have a threshold all is OK.
    The naivety lies with you. Thresholds exist because the element under consideration can / does exist within the normal bodily function/ makeup or metabolism of the animal. It is outside of that threshold that things can be considered to be abnormal. The other reason why thresholds are set is because the authorities are uncertain what they are dealing with. i.e. the scientific evidence is not available or is inconclusive.
    The naivety is with you as I have not stated all is okay where you have a threshold.
    Why have the authorities in the last few month made this threshold. I will give you the tip its not because someone came to authorities and said look guys I have this product and I think it makes horse go faster. It was because they were getting irregularities. Thats why they brought in the threshold.

Bicarb has a threshold, does that mean itsok and not being used??
    BiCarb is a naturally occurring event within the metabolism of the animal. Research into this shows evidence the natural occurrence to be at a level below the set threshold. BiCarb at a level above the threshold is indicative of additional factors and allows authorities to consider prima facie interference in the natural processes of the horse. Boldenone is similar along with many others including Cobalt Chloride.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    [QUOTE=Danno;30515]Teecee, you are entitled to remain uninformed if you so wish, you can also keep saying "there's no facts" if you so wish, this reminds me of an old expression "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"

I am definitley not telling you how to form your opinions Tony, but as some would say, "opinions are like a butt, everyone has one and some of them stink more than others."

Oh and by the way, I have done a truckload of research in recent weeks on this subject which I have not shared on this thread for several reasons. The time for pushing our heads in the sand is over, this is a real issue, but you don't have to believe me, just watch and see how it all unfolds.[/QUOTE
    ]Hey Danno That's fine. Each has his own opinion. I'm not saying your view is neither right nor wrong. So far you have chosen to back up your opinion with newspaper cuttings none of which is backed up by scientific studies. You may remember the Boldenone discussions on the forum. Some pretty strong views on both sides which included scientific study and analysis yet the end result even stumped the experts. The result remains unresolved as we take a parallel path with a not dissimilar naturally occurring substance. Only trouble is as I see it there is not the science exposed to back the views.
    You can get me to drink that water simply by guiding me to the secret articles within the scientific community where you have your evidence. PM is fine.

PS... that's my personal view on the issue. As for a moderator's view I am still to see any evidence which backs up the opinion expressed throughout this thread. Evidence of 6 positives to Cobalt Chloride with Harness Racing in NSW and it is the tip of a much wider drugs scandal in Australian Racing industry.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-07-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    This is a notice to participants from Reid Sanders published in the February official & notices & programs booklet.
    http://hrnsw.com.au/hrnsw-notice1.html

Reid Sanders states that it is being used in the Harness Racing industry.
    Forget your scientific proof. Isn't it enough that when used in high doses it can be dangerous & even fatal. When does the welfare of the horse come into it?
    That's good enough for me.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    The British Medical Journal states that CC causes Hypoxia like responses from the body.
    Keep that in mind & read the following. Very interesting.
    http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/02/th...o-gene-doping/

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    The USTA is the Governing Body for the Sport of Harness Racing for the entire US & the Atlantic Province of Canada.
    This article was published by them & is the foundation of a newspaper article that I posted earlier.
    Interesting reading.
    http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolu...57329&zoneid=1
    Last edited by trish; 02-08-2014 at 12:00 AM. Reason: missed the point

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    The USTA is the Governing Body for the Sport of Harness Racing for the entire US & the Atlantic Province of Canada.
    This article was published by them & is the foundation of a newspaper article that I posted earlier.
    Interesting reading.
    http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolu...57329&zoneid=1
    They sound like exactly the right sort of men to have in charge
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    BiCarb is a naturally occurring event within the metabolism of the animal. Research into this shows evidence the natural occurrence to be at a level below the set threshold. BiCarb at a level above the threshold is indicative of additional factors and allows authorities to consider prima facie interference in the natural processes of the horse. Boldenone is similar along with many others including Cobalt Chloride.
    Cobalt Chloride is a naturally occurring event? Cobalt maybe but Cobalt Chloride? It's a compound of Cobalt and Chlorine. Look here http://www.ehow.com/list_7791350_use...-chloride.html
    Manufactured for use in paint and ink.

Re http://hrnsw.com.au/hrnsw-notice1.html

If they didn't get any positives to it, how did they know it was being used?

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Exactly Paul.
    Thought the same myself.

(Quote from HRNSW release)... HRNSW have been on record in recent days that there are a number of samples under further investigation since the introduction of the threshold.
    If these samples were within the normal range, why then would they be under further investigation?

+ Reply to Thread