Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by djgood View Post
    4 positives in total today , never ending battle
    Dave, I dont want to sound like a cranky old irrelevant bloke, but yes the game is leaning towards trainers with chemistry skills are more successful than trainers with hosemanship skills................................join the dots mate, examine the form, each individual horses ability before and after and after going through that exercise make your own judgement/opinion.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Dave, I dont want to sound like a cranky old irrelevant bloke, but yes the game is leaning towards trainers with chemistry skills are more successful than trainers with hosemanship skills................................join the dots mate, examine the form, each individual horses ability before and after and after going through that exercise make your own judgement/opinion.
    It's funny how some horses can grow a leg in 7 days. At least be smart about it and wait 4-6 weeks.
    I hate how you and other honest trainers have to gear up and stable next to cheats, I don't know how the chemists can look honest horsepeople in the eye and say Gday.
    Not you, but there are honest/good people in the industry who say congratulations and celebrate the success of these cheats. It's sad. If someone steals a $200 flat screen TV they are scum of the earth, if someone juices up their horse and cheats you out of prizemoney they get celebrated in the media for getting 4 winners or some crap.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I can't remember the details but I do remember decades ago there was a leading american trainer who only trained 2yo's then sold them as he said he had no desire to compete with the chemists [said 2yo's were not a favourite of the chemists - too much 'training' skill required]
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    It's funny how some horses can grow a leg in 7 days. At least be smart about it and wait 4-6 weeks.
    I hate how you and other honest trainers have to gear up and stable next to cheats, I don't know how the chemists can look honest horsepeople in the eye and say Gday.
    Not you, but there are honest/good people in the industry who say congratulations and celebrate the success of these cheats. It's sad. If someone steals a $200 flat screen TV they are scum of the earth, if someone juices up their horse and cheats you out of prizemoney they get celebrated in the media for getting 4 winners or some crap.
    As for the cheats looking you in the eye mate I don't know how other people think Brenno, but my theory is they think they are being "smarter" than the rest of us, I have witnessed the behaviour of many types of people with poor ethics and they more often than not find a way to justify their behaviour to themselves..........the rest of us in this game just look at them like they are the scum are and leave it at that....do or say anything more and your labelled "jealous" or "disrespectful".

But yes it is not easy, particularly when you are the guy that runs second to them knowing full well they are not participating on a level playing field.

cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Its the sad fact of life that a lot of leading trainers in this sport as well as the thoughbreds are not able to be leading trainers with out the help they give their horses.
    And also the way the media treat them as great blokes when a lot of them are not when the camara's ain't around.

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    [QUOTE=Danno;32634]As for the cheats looking you in the eye mate I don't know how other people think Brenno, but my theory is they think they are being "smarter" than the rest of us, I have witnessed the behaviour of many types of people with poor ethics and they more often than not find a way to justify their behaviour to themselves..........the rest of us in this game just look at them like they are the scum are and leave it at that....do or say anything more and your labelled "jealous" or "disrespectful".

But yes it is not easy, particularly when you are the guy that runs second to them knowing full well they are not participating on a level playing field.

Thats the problem most of us know who these people are. But for some reason their uncatchable. Who knows the real reasons as to why?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    These idiots don't realise they are destroying their own industry..........derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The dishonesty in this game is disgusting.
    And they don't care. Maybe they will when harness racing ceases to exist because of them. You will know who they are , they will scream the loudest. I think that they actually believe that they are good trainers . We see some of these multiple offenders are recognised as "great trainers" and hero's of the sport . THINK ABOUT THAT . Some of our hero's are just cheats . Sounds like we're building our foundations on a swamp . Our CEO reminds me of Captain Francesco Schettino of the Costa Concordia , he's bailing out before the ship sinks , but who can blame him . He hasn't taken an oath .

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    These idiots don't realise they are destroying their own industry..........derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The dishonesty in this game is disgusting.
    And they don't care. Maybe they will when harness racing ceases to exist because of them. You will know who they are , they will scream the loudest. I think that they actually believe that they are good trainers . We see some of these multiple offenders are recognised as "great trainers" and hero's of the sport . THINK ABOUT THAT . Some of our hero's are just cheats . Sounds like we're building our foundations on a swamp . Our CEO reminds me of Captain Francesco Schettino of the Costa Concordia , he's bailing out before the ship sinks , but who can blame him . He hasn't taken an oath .
    Thats one of the big issues the person consider the greatest trainer and driver
    the sports ever seen was possible the biggest drug cheat ever.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    [QUOTE=aussiebreno;32630]It's funny how some horses can grow a leg in 7 days. At least be smart about it and wait 4-6 weeks.

Like in race 6 tonight at Penrith

Banned Foal Arty will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Arthur Peterson
    Occupation
    Manager
    Hi everyone ... I have been watching and reading these posts on this site for some time now and if it's ok with the group I just have a few questions if anyone would like to oblige. Sorry if some of my observations are not accurate but I base my knowledge of this sport on information collected from close friends and family involved in the sport and my own observations.

Question 1

Are the trainers that you all are referring too as drug cheats that can't be caught. Are these trainers that have never been found to be using drugs at all in their past . Is there any evidence to suggest otherwise other than your opinion ???

+ Reply to Thread