Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    With the articles, reporting the arrest of Victorian harness racing participants, claiming a Victorian participant is thought to be supplying Cobalt - it seems remarkable that there has not been a trainer suspended in Victoria for a positive to cobalt

As for apparent inaction Kev, I'd say the outcomes of the McDowell/Day harness racing court action and Darren Smith thoroughbred hearing will determine where HRV go. Once again a money thing, could Victorian harness racing cop a seven figure legal expense right now?

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    eWayne if it is illegal and they have positives why not charge them and suspend them.The way i read it the Mcdowell Day case now is more about the Steward rather than the cobalt chloride charge.Maybe wrong but hope not.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    But that would be as weak as @#%^ / water Wayne. I am only talking about announcing the results of any swabs.
    If they are afraid to do that because of the NSW court case and that case dragged on for a year, a trainer that knew he had a positive pending could adopt an 'in for a penny - in for a pound approach'
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    brian campbell
    At present going by the linkk 3 trainers in Queensland have positives but names not released for the reason presumption of innnocence yet all other trainers have a cloud hanging over them.If they have positives and been advised let the public know to protect the innocent.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Must say that I find it hard to understand why someone with a cobalt positive swab (a sample) is allowed to carry on as normal in Qld. Seems unfair for other owners and trainers to still be trying to win races. Why would anyone want to have a bet in Qld at the moment?

I would rather see the honest participants protected not the suspect ones.

Real Name
    brian campbell
    Agree wholeheartadly and what i have been saying you are in the industry and you say that what will people who are not in the industry say.

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    I know everyone is after blood but you cannot expect any authority to stand someone down unless they are 100% certain that the case will be proven.

This denial of natural justice would lead to legal action by the accused in the event of them being found not guilty.

In the Cramp case obviously HRV feel that they have enough undeniable evidence to stand them down pending the full inquiry.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Chariots View Post
    I know everyone is after blood but you cannot expect any authority to stand someone down unless they are 100% certain that the case will be proven.

This denial of natural justice would lead to legal action by the accused in the event of them being found not guilty.

In the Cramp case obviously HRV feel that they have enough undeniable evidence to stand them down pending the full inquiry.
    I hear what you are saying Ray but as a licensed person don't you agree to abide by the licensing body's rules
    The Cramps have been stood down under rule 183

Victoria Police advising that criminal charges have been issued against licenced harness racing trainers Shayne Cramp and Greg Cramp.
    Upon receiving this advice, HRV Stewards have invoked the provisions of Australian Rule of Harness Racing 183 and suspended the licences of Mr Shayne Cramp and Mr Greg Cramp with immediate effect. No horse trained or owned by Mr Shayne Cramp or Mr Greg Cramp is able to race or trial.

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=25605

183. Pending the outcome of an inquiry, investigation or objection, or where a person has been charged with an offence, the Stewards may direct one or more of the following -

(a) that a horse shall not be nominated for or compete in a race;

(b) that a driver shall not drive or otherwise take part in a race;

(c) that the horses of certain connections shall not be nominated for or start in a race;

(d) that a licence or any other type of authority or permission be suspended.

http://www.harness.org.au/rules/INQRY.HTM

It does not predispose that they will necessarily be found guilty
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I hear what you are saying Ray but as a licensed person don't you agree to abide by the licensing body's rules
    The Cramps have been stood down under rule 183
    Yes you do and I think rule 183 is the same rule NSW stewards have used to stand down trainers with cobalt positives pending full enquiries. So the question is why haven't Qld used that national rule?

Real Name
    brian campbell
    For some reason Wade Birch has put the presumption of innonce above the interests of other industry participants at present all trainers have it hanging over there heads.

+ Reply to Thread