Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Interdominion

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    This forum is full of punters, owners, breeders, trainers, drivers and trotting fans yet I have not seen one comment in favour of the current format for the ID . Take note NSWHR . We are the people that you need to get to keep putting our hands into our pockets to keep the sport going ! Please pull your heads out of the sand before it's too late !
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    This forum is full of punters, owners, breeders, trainers, drivers and trotting fans yet I have not seen one comment in favour of the current format for the ID . Take note NSWHR . We are the people that you need to get to keep putting our hands into our pockets to keep the sport going ! Please pull your heads out of the sand before it's too late !
    Gotta agree with u Rick.
    I considered going to Melton for the Inter Dominion last night but there of course was only 1 ID and to me like the Qld, WA and NZ heat they were nothing more than a weekly FFA, 2-4 good horses i consider worthy of ID level and the rest stocking fillers (in my perception of the ID).
    there was no magic about any heat in an ID kind of way, no excitement of seeing something spectacular, no clashes of any titans.
    Sure the Menangle heats proved to be interesting and Restrepo and Keayang was exciting but thats it.
    So i didn't bother going to Melton for that FFA, had some family things going on too but the 4 trotters races would have got me there before that "ID"! And i mean that sincerely as i love the trotters.
    Would love to see this format change to something closer to the original.
    I think the original format was good, not sure why they thought it needed such radical changing, maybe just market it and advertise it better than they had previously like they do now.
    The final will be a great race with an ID feel no doubt, its just the process to get there obviously is lacking on many fronts.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Along with many others I spent a lot of time and angst (all ignored by the powers that be) railing about the new format for the I.D.
    Obviously the opinions of the "hoi poloi" are neither sought nor taken notice of so while it will make us feel a little better for having a whinge at least p*****g against the wind sees us getting something back.
    A pox on them all.

aussiebreno
    No time up on the Seel n print heat. Hope that gets sorted out quick.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    I got 2:53.6 (accounting for human error, give or take two tenths)
    Approx 1.5 seconds faster than other Sydney heat.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Harvey, That's good for the owners and I can fully understand where they are coming from, Thanks for that.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Terror to love still $12, cant believe it. I expected hed be round the $8 mark at max and thats taking into consideration his past problems handling the Menangle track. IMO run this race anywhere else and hed be favourite.
    Ricky May said the track was too hard on TTL's feet in the MM so maybe with different shoeing and he is going around at his favourite distance i got have some of that $12 even though im a big Smolda fan.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelenny View Post
    Terror to love still $12, cant believe it. I expected hed be round the $8 mark at max and thats taking into consideration his past problems handling the Menangle track. IMO run this race anywhere else and hed be favourite.
    Ricky May said the track was too hard on TTL's feet in the MM so maybe with different shoeing and he is going around at his favourite distance i got have some of that $12 even though im a big Smolda fan.
    Problem withh TTL is that in NZ he is treated as a protected species.Gets to Menangle and icecream.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelenny View Post
    Im starting to warm to him. Go through the rest and wouldn't surprise if any of them won, but just can't make a case to myself to back them.
    Beautide ran down by Seel n Print and only just beat Gold Ace, he suspect over mile.
    Smolda third up for so long fitness a question.
    I'm Victorious only just got up last week.
    For a Reason beaten by Mach Beauty.
    GoldAce couldn't stay ahead of Beautide after heading him. Beaten down in Vic by Blaster twice.
    Blaster. Thought entitled to finish closer in heat given consistency this season, is he still at his best? Already on pre post, will sit on it.
    Restrepo outgunned most of season
    Mach Beaut beaten most of season include few weeks back by Beautide.
    Keayang Cullen only just got up in charmed run last week.
    Livingoninterest couldn't win heat with a charmed lead.
    Seel n print all season Ben beaten in Sydney FFAs
    Forever Gold only just won a really weak heat.
    Wartime Sweetheart charmed run still soundly beaten.

All horses have their positives obviously but how can you back any. Beautide best all season but 2 mile a query especially after last weeks result. Smolda, who knows how good he is, untested. Blaster awesome consistently since Vic Cup but just a touch off last week. Happy to be on him pre post though. Restrepo great last week but before that I reckon Blaster better runs at Ballarat and in Hunter Cup. For a Reason last two ordinary. Victorious only just a winner last week. Gold Ace beaten by Blaster fair and square twice down in Vic by Blaster, up in Sydney by Beautide.

Major Winning chances. Beautide, Smolda, Blaster, Restrepo.
    I already backed Blaster. Keep it as minor bet. Back Restrepo as minor bet also. Both genuine stayers IMO. Beautide and Smolda too many question marks to take shorts. Admire them as best and deserved winners if they win.
    FAR and Victorious two next best chances. Maybe Luke training FAR for the race. Victorious maybe some improvement off the heat or Im judging him harshly on heat run.
    Don't think Gold Ace can win or Mach Beauty given Beautide beaten them both lately.
    Rest can't win surely? But Keayang Cullen and Seel n Print and even Forever Gold won heats.

So Carribean Blaster and Restrepo my minor bets. My main bet I think I am doing unthinkable and switching allegiances to a Kiwi in Terror to Love. The equal of Christen Me early in the season, but beat him in NZ Cup. We all know what he done on Aust grand Curcuit this year. If he can bring that form he wins. But can he? Poor record at Menangle. But is that the travel and track or just the mile? Some of those runs too bad to be true. But last years ID his best run at Menangle for mine. No ITMQ to sail over top. Mah Sish had very easy run last year, don't think leader will get it as easy this year. Excel Stride only just got the ground last 100. A top run still last year, the 26.7 might have done him in, maybe can't use top speed for long, but can run just below top speed for a long way. A top stayer I reckon. Quinny beat him in Auckland Cup by just as far as the ID so not the track, just the mile for mine. Not afraid to roll forward, will at least be put in the race.

No matter the draws I don't think it makes much difference. Have to be a genius to work out how race run, where they end up and who gets the best luck. Maybe if something draws to lead or take an advantage of Mach Beauty leading, then taking lead off Mach Beauty. But other than that who knows. Lead might not even be best place this year.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The barrier draw has probably made it more of a raffle

http://www.harnesslink.com/Internati...n-Barrier-Draw

The Grand Final field in barrier draw order is:
    Barrier Horse
    1 Im Victorious
    2 Livingontheinterest
    3 Seel N Print
    4 Keayang Cullen
    5 Forever Gold
    6 Mach Beauty
    7 Wartime Sweetheart
    8 Smolda
    9 Caribbean Blaster
    10 The Gold Ace
    11 Restrepo
    12 Beautide
    13 For A Reason
    14 Terror To Love
    15 Franco Nelson 1st Emergency (Withdrawn)
    16 Pub Blitz 2nd Emergency
    17 Ardghal 3rd Emergency

Note that the Emergencies are not drawn into the field and take the place vacated by a scratching.

http://www.harnesslink.com/Internati...n-Barrier-Draw
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread