Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Interdominion

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    I'm sorry, but 8 weeks is just not acceptable considering the damage caused and the status of the race. Protected species!!!!
    too think she had a suspended suspension and probably shouldn't have been driving today anyway.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    too think she had a suspended suspension and probably shouldn't have been driving today anyway.
    If memory serves. She was also rubbed out round November, but was allowed to drive in NZ on Suave Stuey Lombo. Seriously, some of these stewards must part time at the adult parole board!!!

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy777 View Post
    I think you'll find that there were other runners inconvenienced due to the incident as per Reid Sanders on Sky when interviewed by the panel after the last race.

Yes, others were inconvenienced in the incident. But luckily not to the same extent of IV, who may never race again..

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    HERE IS THE STEWARD'S REPORT FOR THE iNTER.
    RACE 7 – TAB.COM.AU INTER DOMINION GRAND FINAL – 3009 METRES
    All horses have been located in the HRNSW retention facility since 12 noon Thursday 27 February 2014.
    Pre race urine and blood samples were taken from all runners.
    An application from the connections of MACH BEAUTY to drive the horse aggressively was approved. The horse worked forward to obtain the lead, however the lead was taken off it in the first quarter of the last mile.
    Passing the winning post the first time TERROR TO LOVE NZ broke and galloped for a short distance. SMOLDA, which was racing to the outside, was inconvenienced.
    SMOLDA commenced a three wide run from the 1800 metres and obtained cover near the 1700 metres when BEAUTIDE came out three wide forward of it. BEAUTIDE then raced three wide without cover until it worked forward and obtained the lead approaching the 1200 metres.
    TERROR TO LOVE NZ commenced a three wide run without cover near the 1200 metres.
    M Purdon, the driver of SMOLDA, pleaded guilty to a charge under Rule 163(1)(a) in that between the 1200 metres until a point passing the 1100 metres he jostled with TERROR TO LOVE NZ, which had to be checked and vacate its position in the running line. M Purdon was suspended for a period of 10 days which will commence at midnight on Friday 7 March 2014.
    TERROR TO LOVE NZ raced three wide without cover from near the 1100 metres.
    Near the 500 metres FOR A REASON shifted out of the running line and forced WARTIME SWEETHEART NZ wider on the track.
    KEAYANG CULLEN, LIVINGONINTEREST and RESTREPO were held up for clear running in the early stages of the home straight.
    L Panella, the driver of MACH BEAUTY, pleaded guilty to a charge under Rule 163(1)(a) in that passing the 100 metres she shifted out when insufficiently clear of IM VICTORIOUS, resulting in her sulky contacting the legs of IM VICTORIOUS, which checked and broke. FOREVER GOLD, which was following, locked wheels with IM VICTORIOUS, and had to be checked. TERROR TO LOVE NZ, LIVINGONINTEREST and CARIBBEAN BLASTER were also hampered as a result of the incident. IM VICTORIOUS sustained substantial lacerations to its off foreleg in the incident. L Panella was suspended for a period of 8 weeks which will commence at midnight on Thursday 20 March, following the expiration of her 18 day suspension commencing at midnight on Sunday 2 March 2014.
    Post race swab samples were taken from the winner BEAUTIDE, SEEL N PRINT, FOR A REASON and SMOLDA.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Why shouldn't she be charged with this rule as well as i believe the penalty would be greater ?

relating to careless driving

168. (1) A person shall not before, during or after a race drive in a manner which in the opinion of the Stewards is careless, reckless, incompetent, intimidatory, improper, foul or likely to endanger persons or horses.

(2) A person who fails to comply with sub rule (1) is guilty of an offence.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    NSW Penalties.

PENALTY GUIDELINES FOR DRIVING OFFENCES PENALTY GUIDELINES FOR DRIVING OFFENCES.
    Rule 163 (1) (a) & 168 Rule 163 (1) (a) & 168 (1)

21 days Horse checked, tightened or jostled

28 days Horse checked, tightened or jostled on first turn

28 days Horse checked and broke

35 days Horse checked and broke on first turn

35 days Horse checked causing fall or driver dislodged
    *A premium of up to 21 days may be applied for cases where a driver is found to have displayed a high degree of
    carelessness

**Charges under more serious sections of the rule may attract higher penalties
    Good Driving Record Penalty Discounts Good Driving Record Penalty Discounts iscounts
    14 days discount 600 drives or 2 years since last suspension under these rules

10 days discount 300 drives or 12 months since last suspension under these rules

7 days discount 150 drives and no more than 2 suspensions in the last 12 months under these rules
    Guilty Plea Guilty Plea
    7 Days Discount

*It must be noted that whilst discounts will be applied no penalty will be reduced below 7 days

Premium for Poor Driving Record Premium for Poor Driving Record

14 days premium 6 or more suspensions in last 400 drives or 12 months

*Furthermore for “win at all costs” attitude or breaches in feature races under the above rules monetary penalties
    may also be included. Feature races may also result in higher base penalty being considered

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    They've just confirmed snoops racing career is over. he's still not out of the woods, the next 10 days will be touch & go and hopefully he remains infection free.
    Really feel for the Brennan's at this time, just devastating...always happens to the top ones.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Dont know how they did it but they done a mighty good job with the track today it didnt apperar to be anything like 2 weeks ago,
    I had my reservations i honestly didnt think Beautide could win and especially not do the work he did and still pull away at the finish. Super win and he seems to be getting even better with every run hes the complete package he is so versatile.
    Very sad news abt IV. I cant believe that yet again he gets ko'd and now it looks like hes career could be over, definetly not fair.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I knew he was best horse in race but I had no idea how he would handle the distance and I had even less of an idea he'd be able to I'd it so tough and run away from them like he did. What a win Beautide.
    Same here - after the race they were saying what a great stayer he is, I did not know this until today. Sensational. He has now won over $1M in half a season (plus 2 days)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Why shouldn't she be charged with this rule as well as i believe the penalty would be greater ?

relating to careless driving

168. (1) A person shall not before, during or after a race drive in a manner which in the opinion of the Stewards is careless, reckless, incompetent, intimidatory, improper, foul or likely to endanger persons or horses.

(2) A person who fails to comply with sub rule (1) is guilty of an offence.
    Hi Greg

After reading your post on rule 168 (1) I can't understand why she wasn't charged with this rule, hopefully Adam Fairley from hrnsw will be on here today and will be able to clarify this.

+ Reply to Thread