Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Interdominion

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    If memory serves. She was also rubbed out round November, but was allowed to drive in NZ on Suave Stuey Lombo. Seriously, some of these stewards must part time at the adult parole board!!!
    L Panella Newcastle race 1 9-11-13 after the winning post at the conclusion of the race directed her horse Heza Presidente down onto the back of Ballochbuie and in doing so made contact with K Barnes helmet. Stewards believed the appropriate penalty was 6wks but gave her 4wks due to feature race's coming up.

So that's 3 incidents in 6months, with 2 in the last 8 day's. Surely the stewards would be aware of this, I'm still puzzled to why only 8 wks for a 3rd offence in a short time.

Junior Member Foal Horses 4 courses will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jasmine Beilby
    Horses
    Captain Kalahari, Safari Breeze, Powerfu
    If I was L Panella, I would be handing my drivers license in! I do not know the connections of this poor horse but I am incredibly angry that this incident has happened and the penalty is so ridiculously inappropriate for her actions. It is a dangerous enough occupation for both horses and drivers without drivers being reckless. As a horse lover my heart goes out to this poor horse fighting for its life and the wonderful people connected to him- good luck and hopefully at worst- a life spent basking in the paddock for Im Victorious.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Mr Sanders might have made a knee jerk decision yesterday dishing out 8 weeks when it could have been further investigated and a longer penalty possibly handed out. 3 serious incidents in 6 months would surely call for a longer penalty than 8 weeks.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 03-04-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    On In The Gig tonite they briefly spoke about it and Adam Hamilton said Lauren was seen hugging Michael Brennan and crying saying she was so sorry.
    Michael has no hard feelings toward her and that there is no "bad blood" between them, according to Adam...Yeah right! Thats a media guy doin his best cover up...im sure he got some vibes from lots of people on track and not very good ones at that.
    ps. just talking to my wife about the "incident" and explained its now her 3rd major in a fairly short time. now my wife is no trotting person and she said "this person doesn't sound very nice" and the incident where she "drove purposely into another driver after the race was simply bullying".

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    really feel for yourself and connections Shane.
    hoping he pulls through and can be bought home fo a happy retirement.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Lauren made an error of judgment yesterday but she's not a dangerous driver.

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    With a string of offences, I'd find it hard to label her anything other than dangerous, Bob. She may be the nicest person in the world - and incredibly remorseful - but what she did to Im Victorious was incompetent, reckless, downright dangerous. Poor judgement creates dangerous situations. I don't find incompetence a plausible or valid excuse. For me, her continued inability to avoid causing interference means she shouldn't be driving.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Don't watch enough Australian racing to comment on her driving over there but in her short time in Nz last year she drove terribly. Lost 100m at the start with her horse at Ashburton and then she sent him via the cape which completely flattened him for his other runs in Nz. The incident on Sunday was as bad as it gets but the stewards didn't see it like that. Mark Purdon got 10 weeks for shifting ground in the final and she got 8 weeks for carving up the field and ending a horses career. Doesn't add up from this side of the ditch.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Don't watch enough Australian racing to comment on her driving over there but in her short time in Nz last year she drove terribly. Lost 100m at the start with her horse at Ashburton and then she sent him via the cape which completely flattened him for his other runs in Nz. The incident on Sunday was as bad as it gets but the stewards didn't see it like that. Mark Purdon got 10 weeks for shifting ground in the final and she got 8 weeks for carving up the field and ending a horses career. Doesn't add up from this side of the ditch.
    Purdon got 10 days not 10 weeks.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Lauren made an error of judgment yesterday but she's not a dangerous driver.
    Like I said in an earlier post, I have not been interested in the Lauren debate in the past, but that statement is ridiculous. A person who makes an error of judgement with a gun, car, sulky .... unless they are lucky to get away with it - they are DANGEROUS
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread