Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Interdominion

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    It's nothing like the ID of old and should be renamed. If they are going to run only 1 round of heats and then the final, Have 2 Heats in Victoria and 2 Heats at Menangle over a similar distance and make the Kiwi's come here to qualify. I'm a big fan of both Terror to Love and Smolda but the NZ heat was a joke last night. Apart from the winner in the QLD heat, The rest are average. I thought that WA's heat was reasonably strong but they should be in the same boat as the Kiwi's and come across if they want to compete. Honestly, This current format is all over the shop IMHO.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    This new format is a sad joke ! Imagine how good the old format would have been at Menangle with all heats and final over the mile ! Could have been a speed explosion !
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    That would be a pretty good option as that's what Menangle is all about, Speed and fast times and maybe it could be called, THE SPEED EXPLOSION. The amenities look pretty good at Menangle now with plenty of room right next to the track and no problems for the horses to go out and work in between the heats and finals but to bring things onto a level playing field, Make all the horses race at Menangle and not all over the shop.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    If they are going to keep this format only 2 heats will be run over the same distance. Why can't they run all heat's at Menangle then have a second round the following Saturday then the final the week later ? This way all runner's are on a level playing field and and it would make the trip worthwhile for all competitor's .The Bohemia Crystal could still be run as a group 1 and the cons could be run as a group 2 or 3 for the left over horses that competed in the heat's.This way all horse's compete on a level playing field and have 3 chances to make a quid.The horse's come and have to qualify for the Miracle Mile so why not for our show piece race of the industry.
    The NZ heat was a farce, little more than trackwork, to me making a mockery of the new Inter concept as it seem's like it will stay as it is.
    Hi Greg

Over 12 months ago I mentioned on another thread about how all horses have to come here to qualify for the MM as they want to showcase Menangle, then to run the Inter as this format they have is a ........ joke. To be honest all they have done is contradicted themselves as one minute they want them here and then next they give away heats to other states. They go on how they have spent so much money on Menangle getting it up to world class facilities well why don't they use it. Now if they turn around and say they have positive feed back about this format I would say open your eye's as I havn't seen a positive written anywhere. As for the racing I didn't think it was that exciting, they should of raced over the same distance and to be honest I thought the QLD heat was more like a FFA. The old format showed not just how good you had to be to get into the final but showed how good trainers had to be to manage there horses. Fingers crossed that next year is the last time Menangle have the Inter unless it reverts back to the way it should be.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Dallas, JD contradicted himself last night, The QLD winner Forever Gold is a mare and he said The Ladyship is not an option for her and she should have been here to compete in the Qualifiers. I would have no problems with that if it was the same for all the big races, MM, Inter, Ladyship etc. The beauty about the MM was that everybody knew that they had to compete in certain races, Newcastle Mile etc and that was great and now they are running qualifiers all over the shop for the Inter which really seems like a contradiction.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Richard

As good as mare that Forever Gold is she would of been more suited to a Ladyship mile than a 3000m Inter, in saying that she has an invite and I can understand why the connections will head to the Inter as it's a race everyone wants to be in and I wish the connections all the best. Do they have the powers to give a mare a wild card for the Ladyship as I'm not sure on the race conditions. Also I don't think Forever Gold has raced beyond 2138m.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Richard

As good as mare that Forever Gold is she would of been more suited to a Ladyship mile than a 3000m Inter, in saying that she has an invite and I can understand why the connections will head to the Inter as it's a race everyone wants to be in and I wish the connections all the best. Do they have the powers to give a mare a wild card for the Ladyship as I'm not sure on the race conditions. Also I don't think Forever Gold has raced beyond 2138m.
    A mare who qualifies for the ID gets an auto invite to the Ladyship I am pretty sure. Also a 4yo who qualifies for the Interdom gets a spot in the chariots.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    A mare who qualifies for the ID gets an auto invite to the Ladyship I am pretty sure. Also a 4yo who qualifies for the Interdom gets a spot in the chariots.
    I dont think that is correct. i think the horse needs to have competed in one of the qualifying lead up races.

Forever Gold did run in the Robin Dundee but locked wheels and finished last I think. Theoretically she could be invited to the Ladyship

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Might have to get Adam Fairley to give us a ruling on that but from what JD said last night, Forever Gold will have to run in the Interdom. It's pretty rare for a mare to make the Interdom final these days and it certainly would look good on her Broodmare resume.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    The owners of FG have said that they do wish to go in the ID, so there is no issue

+ Reply to Thread