7 Wartime Sweetheart
    8 Smolda
    9 Caribbean Blaster
    10 The Gold Ace
    11 Restrepo
    12 Beautide
    13 For A Reason
    14 Terror To Love
    15 Franco Nelson 1st Emergency (Withdrawn)
    16 Pub Blitz 2nd Emergency
    17 Ardghal 3rd Emergency

Note that the Emergencies are not drawn into the field and take the place vacated by a scratching.

http://www.harnesslink.com/Internati...n-Barrier-Draw
    Barrier draw done f all to try and separate them. I'm Victorious might be a winner for the draw. Could get the lead, but I'd still think Mach Beauty would be coming across for a look. Even if Victorious did hold him out he'd have to do a bit of work and do you want to be doing a bit of work in a 3000m race? Those two only possible early leaders. Keayang Cullen probably worth having a look but doubt he'd be able to cross. LOI, SnP, FG, WS best off looking for a cosy hole to sit in and see what they have the last 400m. Not sure what they do on Smolda and Carribean Blaster. I'd go back personally but can see then going forward. If you go forward you use one effort already, and Beautide, FAR and TTL are only going to make mid race moves, or block you in the running line so you no better off anyway. At least if you go back you fresh. Gold Ace has great gate speed, Mach Beauty would probably be looking to hand up, and if you challenged Victorious he would probably let up as well.
    Restrepo. Should say pegs imo. Runs big risk of never seeing daylight. But if goes to running line then becomes just another challenger like CB, Smolda, Beautide, FAR, TTL. If he stays pegs saves ground, at least there is a chance a charmed run may seperate him from the other challengers.
    Beautide, FAR and TTL. Assuming Restrepo stays pegs they will settle that order, with Smolda and CB on their backs. Cat and mouse, best drive, horse shows up on the day. TTL will definitely take off. I reckon other four should be seriously thinking about it as well. Who ends up being sucker carts them up, then still gets dragged back to one out two back or worse, because you wouldn't want to be on that horse.

Anybody with a crystal ball?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Barrier draw done f all to try and separate them. I'm Victorious might be a winner for the draw. Could get the lead, but I'd still think Mach Beauty would be coming across for a look. Even if Victorious did hold him out he'd have to do a bit of work and do you want to be doing a bit of work in a 3000m race? Those two only possible early leaders. Keayang Cullen probably worth having a look but doubt he'd be able to cross. LOI, SnP, FG, WS best off looking for a cosy hole to sit in and see what they have the last 400m. Not sure what they do on Smolda and Carribean Blaster. I'd go back personally but can see then going forward. If you go forward you use one effort already, and Beautide, FAR and TTL are only going to make mid race moves, or block you in the running line so you no better off anyway. At least if you go back you fresh. Gold Ace has great gate speed, Mach Beauty would probably be looking to hand up, and if you challenged Victorious he would probably let up as well.
    Restrepo. Should say pegs imo. Runs big risk of never seeing daylight. But if goes to running line then becomes just another challenger like CB, Smolda, Beautide, FAR, TTL. If he stays pegs saves ground, at least there is a chance a charmed run may seperate him from the other challengers.
    Beautide, FAR and TTL. Assuming Restrepo stays pegs they will settle that order, with Smolda and CB on their backs. Cat and mouse, best drive, horse shows up on the day. TTL will definitely take off. I reckon other four should be seriously thinking about it as well. Who ends up being sucker carts them up, then still gets dragged back to one out two back or worse, because you wouldn't want to be on that horse.

Anybody with a crystal ball?
    disagree on one particular point. Keayang Cullen will cross IV for fun. Not sure if he then hands up, but he is the fastest beginner on the front line and will be in the lead after 50m. IV may be able to get off pegs, and Mach Beauty might also get out hard, but KC COULD be the leader if they wanted to stay there

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Brendan, will Restrepo want to stay on the pegs or are the claims that he does not like to be cramped up, just a nonsense?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    disagree on one particular point. Keayang Cullen will cross IV for fun. Not sure if he then hands up, but he is the fastest beginner on the front line and will be in the lead after 50m. IV may be able to get off pegs, and Mach Beauty might also get out hard, but KC COULD be the leader if they wanted to stay there
    I'm not too sure how I'm Victorious can come out. But I know they would rather lead than hand up. Going by the change in the market I was assuming he must have been able to hold his own. I know KC is quick beginner, but if he does indeed cross IV, thats just about race over for IV. MB will be up on the outside so Hall Jnr won't be able to squeeze out to the death (and maybe stroll to lead), so if KC does indeed cross then todays market change with Victorious coming in significantly is potentially a big moneymaker for those fans of KCs gate speed?
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 02-24-2014 at 05:37 PM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Brendan, will Restrepo want to stay on the pegs or are the claims that he does not like to be cramped up, just a nonsense?
    A non Mildura thread and you still get the word cramp into your posts

Maybe give the trainer a call.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

VG Breno.

I might be able to track down the trainer and give her a call if anybody would reply to my thread:

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...Related-to-Who
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Exactly! Keayang to the pegs first and his fate of finishing in the money will depend on whether Mach Beauty tries to press on or looks to quickly duck in behind. Jnr will have room to manoeuvre to go get the lead but as Brendan mentions it's gonna burn some energy. His backers can rest assured he will make the correct decision......he always does. The only other leader thru 800m could be Smolda pressing forward IMO.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    I'm not too sure how I'm Victorious can come out. But I know they would rather lead than hand up. Going by the change in the market I was assuming he must have been able to hold his own. I know KC is quick beginner, but if he does indeed cross IV, thats just about race over for IV. MB will be up on the outside so Hall Jnr won't be able to squeeze out to the death (and maybe stroll to lead), so if KC does indeed cross then todays market change with Victorious coming in significantly is potentially a big moneymaker for those fans of KCs gate speed?
    The change in the market is just the corporates being soft......once again! As we all know, they tighten the purse strings at any hint of danger. There's no way IV should be anywhere near $5 and there is still $8/$2.60 out there which is a little closer to the mark IMO.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Wow, It's a bit like a handicap with most of the big boys drawn 8 to 14.

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir

Lol

+ Reply to Thread