Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Interdominion

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Keayang Cullen leads with head on chest. I love smolda as a horse but two soft runs after a long lay off into a 3000m Id final is a big query for mine. Trainer is a genius though. I doubt very much restrepo will be on pegs.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    A non Mildura thread and you still get the word cramp into your posts

Maybe give the trainer a call.
    V funny, Forum auditor of the year 2013/14 Brenno by 6 lengths.!!!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Peronal opinion about this race a bit different to most replies, being a race over almost 2 miles there is a lot of "chat' about what might happen in the early stages, possibly because we see a lot of races affected by the early stages at Menangle, what I think we are missing is that most of those races are over 1 mile with little options for alternative tactics being available.

I reckon two horses will come into their own over this distance, Caribean Blaster and Beautide, neither have the most favourable draws, all the more reason to put them in your calculations over 3,000 metres, neither will be spending much petrol in the early scramble, one thing that some trainers and drivers understand and many do not is that once you elevate your horse's heart rate, it can only stay in that elevated zone for so long before he/she starts to capitulate, some horses can recover with a steady quarter here and there, but many cannot sufficiently to put in a big finish, and a big finish will decide top class races where the field is reasonably even over a distance that allows tactics other than "go forward and find a spot close to the lead", as is the case with this field.

If the winner of this race comes from any of the horses that go hard early looking for prominent positions I will "bare my arse in front of David Jones'" as the old saying went!!

cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Dan, I don't think anyone will be queuing up for that view and don't think you have to many concerns...Beautide certainly continues to rise, but for mine, the Blaster gets his best chance bar none, to take out our greatest race. If I am wrong, guess I will be side by side with you in Castlereagh St...Yewww, ain't nobody gonna like that sight!!! Go CB.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    There will be three horses vying for the lead: Mach Beauty, Keayang Cullen and one no one has mentioned, Livingontheinterest. Comes out very fast and I reckon he will cross I'm Victorious.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    There will be three horses vying for the lead: Mach Beauty, Keayang Cullen and one no one has mentioned, Livingontheinterest. Comes out very fast and I reckon he will cross I'm Victorious.
    I think i heard on In The Gig Greg Hayes asked "Mouse" Brennan about leading and he said he was confident he could hold out Livingontheinterest...

Hey you can't complain about the Perth boys getting done over with their barrier draws Rod! Gotta be happy with that...

Personally id hate to lead in this race, 3000m, high pressure, as Danno said i think the winner will be doing nothing for the first 2000 then comin home strong out wide down the straight.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    I think i heard on In The Gig Greg Hayes asked "Mouse" Brennan about leading and he said he was confident he could hold out Livingontheinterest...

Hey you can't complain about the Perth boys getting done over with their barrier draws Rod! Gotta be happy with that...

Personally id hate to lead in this race, 3000m, high pressure, as Danno said i think the winner will be doing nothing for the first 2000 then comin home strong out wide down the straight.
    I'm dumbfounded!, once again Ash. What are the chances of the two W.A. horses drawing the 1 and 2 ?

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    I'm dumbfounded!, once again Ash. What are the chances of the two W.A. horses drawing the 1 and 2 ?
    Roughly 30000 to 1!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was thinking more like 90/1 Nathan
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Great coverage from Sky of breakfast with the stars the other morning. It was very insightful and I especially enjoyed the chat the boys had with Tony Herlihy. Really wish there was a programme each week that delivered similar........In The Gig simply doesn't cut it IMO.

I'm terribly worried about the possible state of the inside of the track tomorrow......it's the one thing that could mar a great days racing. Fingers crossed hey!

+ Reply to Thread