Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Kiesey 4days racing in a row @ age of 13

Junior Member Weanling wholelotasound will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Richardson
    Horses
    Sonny Typhoon,Wholelotasound,Wozniacki,

Master Kiesey 4days racing in a row @ age of 13

Interested in views on this horse racing 4 days in a row this weekend, at age of 13 or any age really should Racing Boards allow this to happen? I cant believe it is allowed who is thinking of the poor old fella I am sure he not going to be at his best by the 4th night. He has been a fantastic horse for connections does he really deserve this.
    Last edited by wholelotasound; 02-15-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Shouldn't be aloud in my books. I forgot to take 1 out of the noms once and had to race on consecutive nights he was tired when he got home after the second run and he was a very fit horse with a good constitution as he gave 110% every race but lay around for 3 days after.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    2 runs in a week is more that enough and that should be the limit. The Owners of MK should hang their heads in shame.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Not saying right or wrong as know nothing about the horse.

Horse been doing that for his whole career. Had 7 runs in April 2013, 6 May 2013, 6 November 2013 and 5 last month. Same if go back further. Amazing he still doing it and winning every now and then too.

Friday nights stewards comments say LCRT.

Way out of his depth in race last night. Says vets exam before and after race last night. Also again LCRT??

Says tired beaten 50ms. He kept up until came off back and not knocked about. Beat 1 home...stablemate. Same stewards comments that horse too. Stablemate also race Friday night and says VXBR and LCRT in stewards comments.

They vet him pre race again today for sure.

Race last night about 9.30pm . Today race 1.30pm. 16 hours between runs. At least 3 hours in float between these 2 runs.

When does he sleep?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Ran 5th of 12. Got to line ok.
    Same trainer had 2 others same race. One ran 3rd 30/1
    Tomorrow 4 in same race Horsham. 3 From today and other one last night.

The 4 in tomorrow; 2 of them raced today. 1 raced Friday Saturday and Master Kiesey Friday Saturday and today.

He must know how to keep them sound! And 'fresh'.

Fast work in the morning?

Junior Member Weanling wholelotasound will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Richardson
    Horses
    Sonny Typhoon,Wholelotasound,Wozniacki,
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Ran 5th of 12. Got to line ok.
    Same trainer had 2 others same race. One ran 3rd 30/1
    Tomorrow 4 in same race Horsham. 3 From today and other one last night.

The 4 in tomorrow; 2 of them raced today. 1 raced Friday Saturday and Master Kiesey Friday Saturday and today.

He must know how to keep them sound! And 'fresh'.

Fast work in the morning?

Poor Old Bugga shows what a great horse he was been he would still go out and try his guts out. I really believe there should be a Limit put on how many times your horse can run I think twice in 7 days would be plenty. It really needs looking at to allow the horse to recover and be at its best every race it is entered into. There has been no consideration for the horse what so ever and at the grand age of 13 he definitely has deserved a retirement.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by wholelotasound View Post
    Poor Old Bugga shows what a great horse he was been he would still go out and try his guts out. I really believe there should be a Limit put on how many times your horse can run I think twice in 7 days would be plenty. It really needs looking at to allow the horse to recover and be at its best every race it is entered into. There has been no consideration for the horse what so ever and at the grand age of 13 he definitely has deserved a retirement.
    Every horse every race Trainer Brian Kiesey takes to the races when they race 2 days in a row are always vetted...
    To my knowledge never has any of his 4 trotters been denied a run on the grounds of ill health relevant to too much racing.
    Today the vet checked MK and was passed fit to run, his 3rd in 3 days and he ran really well!
    Are the vets idiots? I don't think so...
    If these horses were running last and obviously distressed then the vets have a case and the trainer could see that distress.
    And yes they both ran last and second last last night against My High Expectations, that decision baffles me as to why they were entered into that race.
    However generally his horses seem to cope quite ok in fact sometimes thrive on it.
    In fact i remember a year or more ago i picked a first 4 and because Candy Digger who ran 3rd today had raced the day before i left her out of one of my winning chances but had her for 2nd 3rd 4th, and you guessed it she won, cost me about $1000 or so!

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    A 2nd and 3rd in the trot today. Master Keisey 3rd. Other one galloped twice and other one scratched. Maybe hiding up tree when went catch it?

Also had 1 in pace race. Nicmac Bromac. Ran 2nd at good odds. Had 8 runs in December 2013. 4 in January 2014 but only 1 in February before today. Everywhere from Warragul to Albury and Mt Gambier. Ran 2nd today in 2nd run for this month. Obviously in need of run

Can't knock his keeness to travel. 3 cheques from 4 runners not bad days work.

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Just been reminded by someone that in some places in world..little brown jug, Hambletonian, etc, 3yos have to go 2, sometimes 3, 1.55 or less mile races in space of couple hours.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Paul, Still don't agree with racing the horses so often but each to their own. If the guys getting results and the horses are okay and cleared by the vets, Good on him. Some horses seem to thrive on it, I remember a pretty smart mare named Nidya loved backing up after a few days off and often raced twice a week.

+ Reply to Thread