Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Interdominion 2015

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So the SMH really does have Harness only stories. Someone ring The Age
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know the OP is an old one but this seemed the right thread to use
    The Butterworth's are boycotting the Inter

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...-boycott-Inter
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    At least no one can say there ain't no drama in Harness racing..

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I can't wait for ID15 in Perth. Although I live in Sydney, I made a couple of trips over to Perth in 2012 for the 3 nights of heats and then again for the final and it was brilliant.

I'm fortunate from a harness racing enthusiast perspective as I live in the States for a few months at a time for at least a couple of times a year and I've experienced the majority of major carnivals over there, Hambo, Pace, Jug and everything at Yonkers, I'm only 10 minutes away.

The 2012 ID final night was the best night of racing I've ever experienced. Incredible atmosphere and Perth embraced it. Harness Racing is definitely #1 over there. I was at Gloucester Park a few weeks ago, a week after the Cup. On a standard race night they had a crowd that Menangle would be thrilled with on a feature race day where it's free entry, $12 @ Gloucester Park. Young and Old and a lot of families.

I'm disappointed that they're moving the ID final to a Sunday afternoon. I'll be there for the 3 rounds of heats (I hope they're all @ GP) but I won't fly back this time for the final. Harness Racing is at it's very best under lights, it just isn't the same during the day. I think that's a mistake they'll rectify for ID16 and beyond.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Looks like the second round of heats will be at Pinjarra. I'll be staying in East Perth, Pinjarra is over an hour away. I'm not too keen on that.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    it will be great to get back to the traditional format.....can't wait. I understand your enthusiasm for the atmosphere/spectacle at GP Bob (would love to experience it for myself soon) but the racing at Pinjarra will be out of this world. I reckon if it's not the best track in Oz its in the top 3.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Looks like the second round of heats will be at Pinjarra. I'll be staying in East Perth, Pinjarra is over an hour away. I'm not too keen on that.
    Come on Bob, An hour is nothing compared to driving from 1 side of Sydney to the other, It would be worthwhile and I couldn't imagine the traffic would be half as bad as Sydney's.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    East Perth to Pinjarra is a very easy drive Bob. 3/4 of it you're on Kwinana Freeway traveling at 100kph.
    At any rate, Radley and co at GP are good operators. I would be very surprised if there weren't a few buses going from GP to Pinny on the day.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
    East Perth to Pinjarra is a very easy drive Bob. 3/4 of it you're on Kwinana Freeway traveling at 100kph.
    At any rate, Radley and co at GP are good operators. I would be very surprised if there weren't a few buses going from GP to Pinny on the day.
    Yeah I suspect they will mate. I'd prefer to stagger across the road than sit on a bus : ) I'll find somewhere for the night.

I've been to Pinjarra a couple of times but not since they stuck a cheats lane in.

It's definitely a much fairer 1000m track than say Albion Park which is dynamite leader / cheats lane biased. My issue with Pinjarra, is not a great deal happens in the middle stages of races there.

Perhaps they'll run the Mile heats there. They run just under 1700m from memory ? A 1.50 or thereabouts is a possibility.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Come on Bob, An hour is nothing compared to driving from 1 side of Sydney to the other, It would be worthwhile and I couldn't imagine the traffic would be half as bad as Sydney's.
    Yup Glebe to Menangle on a Saturday afternoon is the equivelent of East Perth to the Margaret River. East Perth to Pinjarra = Glebe to Bondi : )

+ Reply to Thread