Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Interdominion 2015

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Harold I believe that the final was moved to a Sunday afternoon to enable participation by the other states and NZ to make it a true inter dominion. Having it on a Friday night at 9:00pm would be optimum for WA but would be 12:00am in ES and 2:00am in NZ hardly conducive to their participation.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    ^
    Spot on.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Yeah I suspect they will mate. I'd prefer to stagger across the road than sit on a bus : ) I'll find somewhere for the night.

I've been to Pinjarra a couple of times but not since they stuck a cheats lane in.

It's definitely a much fairer 1000m track than say Albion Park which is dynamite leader / cheats lane biased. My issue with Pinjarra, is not a great deal happens in the middle stages of races there.

Perhaps they'll run the Mile heats there. They run just under 1700m from memory ? A 1.50 or thereabouts is a possibility.
    Middle action is what makes a race interesting in my book too Bob - hence my dislike for mile racing
    We must suffer from attention deficit syndrome LOL. I guess we expect a lot as nothing much ever happens in the middle of gallops or doggy races
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Chariots View Post
    Harold I believe that the final was moved to a Sunday afternoon to enable participation by the other states and NZ to make it a true inter dominion. Having it on a Friday night at 9:00pm would be optimum for WA but would be 12:00am in ES and 2:00am in NZ hardly conducive to their participation.
    No true harness racing enthusiast (who can't make it to WA) will miss the ID because they turn into a pumpkin at the stroke of midnight.

WA should schedule an ID carnival for WA. It's by far #1 for Harness Racing in Australasia, the industry is thriving over there and I've no idea why'd they give a toss about the Eastern States or NZ. The best race I've seen in a long time was the recent Pacing Cup, worth 400K, not one entrant from outside WA.

As for the lure of the race going live to free to air TV on a Sunday afternoon, how's that worked for Menangle and at what cost ? The last 3 meetings I've been to there, free entry, if there was a 1000 people in attendance, whoever counted them has double / triple vision : )
    Last edited by HaroldParker; 02-10-2015 at 01:30 AM.

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    No true harness racing enthusiast (who can't make it to WA) will miss the ID because they turn into a pumpkin at the stroke of midnight.

WA should schedule an ID carnival for WA. It's by far #1 for Harness Racing in Australasia, the industry is thriving over there and I've no idea why'd they give a toss about the Eastern States or NZ. The best race I've seen in a long time was the recent Pacing Cup, worth 400K, not one entrant from outside WA.

As for the lure of the race going live to free to air TV on a Sunday afternoon, how's that worked for Menangle and at what cost ? The last 3 meetings I've been to there, free entry, if there was a 1000 people in attendance, whoever counted then has double / triple vision : )
    That is just the point Harold we should not be catering for a diminishing number of just true harness racing fans.

If we keep going down that path we will quickly die.

It would have been easy for WA to ignore the rest of Australia and NZ but they have adopted a more cooperative approach that does not always exist within our industry.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Avonnova got a great draw for his heat where only the winner progresses
    Gauranteed also drew the ace but will surely be tested to the first corner by the 2 WSweetheart & 3 Lenny
    David Hercules job made very tough with a back row draw in the perth heat

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Gauranteed also drew the ace but will surely be tested to the first corner by the 2 WSweetheart & 3 Lenny
    GUARANTEED Scratched-he's out!

Junior Member Foal the_racing_wiz will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jason Lincoln
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Not much competition for David Hercules. Id be mainly concerned about the hard racing here then the return trip to Vic rather than the draw.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired

As for the lure of the race going live to free to air TV on a Sunday afternoon, how's that worked for Menangle and at what cost ? The last 3 meetings I've been to there, free entry, if there was a 1000 people in attendance, whoever counted them has double / triple vision : )
    Hi Bob,
    If Harness Racing WA doesn't start employing you as their public relations man they're doing themselves an injustice.
    Poor field from WA no G Hall snr starters obviously concentrating on Perth I.D. If any horse apart from David Hercules or perhaps Bettors Fire win the race you would be scratching from the final.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 02-12-2015 at 04:05 PM. Reason: missed a word

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Pretty sure that the mile heats of the Perth Inter Dom will be run at Bunbury.There's some backflipping going on over here regarding lights being put in at Pinjarra which was believed to be in the initial proposal but apparently it wasn't.Country Clubs have argued to have it run at Pinjarra during the late afternoon but Bunbury appears to be the Hierarchy's choice.

+ Reply to Thread