+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Press Release from HRNSW

triplev123

Interesting Press Release from HRNSW

HRNSW Media Release - Important notice regarding Chariots of Fire night

Important notice regarding Chariots of Fire night

Thursday 21 April 2011

Owners and trainers take note that all horses engaged in the following races at Tabcorp Pk, Menangle on Saturday 30 April 2011 will be required on course no later than two hours prior to their event:

· Len Smith Mile
    · Australian Pacing Gold Final (2yo F)
    · NSW Derby
    · Chariots of Fire

Horses not on course two-hours prior to their engagement will be scratched by order of Stewards.

Harness Racing NSW (HRNSW) is the controlling body for harness racing in New South Wales with responsibility for commercial and regulatory management of the industry including 31 racing clubs across the State. HRNSW is headed by an industry-appointed Board of Directors and is independent of Government.

To arrange an interview or for further information please contact:
    Name:
    Dale Walker
    Position:
    Marketing Manager
    Phone:
    (02) 9722 6600
    Email:
    dwalker@hrnsw.com.au

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Not sure what you do over there triple but over here we have to be on course 90 minutes before, if your in the first race and 2 hours before for every other race.

buster
    they must still read this forum even though beattie is gone

a good idea, but i hope its not just so they dont have to do 24 hrs guards anymore

Flashing Red
    I think it is much better holding them back 2 hours AFTER the race... it gives the TC02 a chance to rise if anything illegit was done. 2 hours before AND 2 hours after would be perfect, but I still think the more important of the 2 is the post race TC02. Whenever they do this in Qld, it always gets people - I don't understand why it isn't a permanent swabbing fixture like in North America? You would have your standard urine after the race, then your horse was put in a stall and blood was taken some 2 hours afterwards for the TC02. It doesn't even need to be every race, even just half the card. Not knowing if you will be post race TC02ed works just as effectively as knowing you will be done regardless.

buster
    flash, i think if they have the mobile lab on grounds they can do the tests pre race and anything looking a bit high should be swabbed again after 3 hours post race

menangle has the money, why dont they build a small lab on track for tco2

Flashing Red
    I agree.

Member Filly remington will become famous soon enough remington's Avatar
    Real Name
    joshua tinning
    Horses
    il tesoro, total control
    i believe it is hard to make any traininer (and there horses) wait around 2 hours after the race especially with other commitments, racing at another track (in victoria u see this a bit) aswell as travel. Trainers are travelling for over 4 hours to go to menagle to compete for the increase in prize money if they have have a 4 hour drive home no-one wants to be staying an extra 2 hours at the track? Almost forces all travelling trainers to have to stay in Sydney and travel home the next day.

Im all for drugs getting out of the sport just not at the expense of the country/travelling trainers and those with other commitments

buster
    will they be the same trainers whinging when something sits outside them and blows them away and walks away without being tested properly?

Member Filly remington will become famous soon enough remington's Avatar
    Real Name
    joshua tinning
    Horses
    il tesoro, total control
    clearly there is a problem, i have been a victim of loosing races to trainers i believe use "something special" to improve horses, no trainer or there facilities can improve horses in 1 week like a select few NSW trainers, but maybe the stewards need to do more to try to catch those cheating. B.Kelly was followed on his way to the races with Greg Kelly when they caught him why not set up similar stings on trainers they suspect?

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by remington View Post
    i believe it is hard to make any traininer (and there horses) wait around 2 hours after the race especially with other commitments, racing at another track (in victoria u see this a bit) aswell as travel. Trainers are travelling for over 4 hours to go to menagle to compete for the increase in prize money if they have have a 4 hour drive home no-one wants to be staying an extra 2 hours at the track? Almost forces all travelling trainers to have to stay in Sydney and travel home the next day.

Im all for drugs getting out of the sport just not at the expense of the country/travelling trainers and those with other commitments
    Like me when I had to drive 3 hours to Poconos, to get there 4 hours before the race for lasix, the horse won and we get the 2 hour post race as well? Then the 3 hour drive back? Hahahaha!

+ Reply to Thread