Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When is a QDT not enough

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

When is a QDT not enough

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...H260214&ms=vic

Race 4 Maryborough today. Chris Alford received a QDT when beaten on $1.30 fav Mister Livan.
    Chris is a super driver so how is it that he doesn't read this race better. His biggest danger Easton All Action - whom he normally drives is in the lead and in the small 6 horse field he is sitting last 2 back the outside. The lead time has been slow and the first half nothing special - how did he expect to run the leader down? Flyin Indy Air did not really want the death so why didn't he drive in his usual aggressive fashion? Anyway the leader rattles off 27.8 and 27.4 and the fav is beaten 6.6m

ps I had nothing on it - I do not bet
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal Bob Smith will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Smith
    I wasnt complaining i had $300 on the winner but the drive was terrible. Should of ambled outside and won in my opinion but i was chuckling with the slow 1st half with him sitting out the back

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    C'mon Kevin. You've been round long enough to know they dont go after the big boys. The small/part timers who they know wont or cant appeal will do!

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    and when Nike Franco stepped out on Sunday, he was still in his Mister Livan malaise.

Not only did he toss away a G1, she would of won by panels but he almost buried her halfway up the Menangle home straight.

No QDT and not a peep from the peanut gallery going after Panella.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Will have to watch it now Bob.

You do realize that your ego and quip like this peanut gallery one make you impossible to like - not that your ego would care LOL

ps How is it that you did not defend LP after your ridiculous not dangerous post - I will look for it on the appropriate thread, we would not want to get this thread off track now would we 'dress circle man'
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    and when Nike Franco stepped out on Sunday, he was still in his Mister Livan malaise.

Not only did he toss away a G1, she would of won by panels but he almost buried her halfway up the Menangle home straight.

Only in hindsite does your comment make sense and I question whether u r talking thru your kick. Alford has one-one cover on the 3rd fav (who won its heat death seating pretty impressively) whilst the fav is leading. 100/1 pop moves 3 wide at the 1000m mark.......his choices are peeling out and being posted 3 deep the remainder of the trip (with no doubt a massive increase in tempo from the leaders in response to that move) or wait for the despised outsider to drop off and pounce from there. IMO he drove it by the textbook.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post

VVV- Hey! No fair. Peanut Gallery is one of mine. Get your own material.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    I have watched the horses last 5 runs including 2 wins and the horse has never done any work mid race including 2 wins. The horse has been driven consistently in this manner and perhaps if you do the form you would have realised the horse was a good lay at $1.30. I see there was no change of tactics so it got driven the way you would expect.
    Bob comparing this too, cutting two horses in 8 days in half and the driving tactics involved in this race?? A you sure is not CallumParker there not far away from each other as you probably know.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    I have watched the horses last 5 runs including 2 wins and the horse has never done any work mid race including 2 wins. The horse has been driven consistently in this manner and perhaps if you do the form you would have realised the horse was a good lay at $1.30. I see there was no change of tactics so it got driven the way you would expect.
    Bob comparing this too, cutting two horses in 8 days in half and the driving tactics involved in this race?? A you sure is not CallumParker there not far away from each other as you probably know.
    Jack, first up in Sydney she worked forward from a wide gate to sit parked, eye balled the Fav in Q3 27 flat ! and outstayed Spicy Stride in 52 and change ... parked.

200K G1 on Sunday, she moved 3W into the 1-1 (less than 100m) in a slowly run race and relied on two other fillies to win it for her. Why risk it, ease 3W at the Half, let down on the turn. She'd had a charmed run up until that stage. A very negative drive on such a talented filly. Fortunately for her connections, she survived it ... just !

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    VVV- Hey! No fair. Peanut Gallery is one of mine. Get your own material.
    Sorry mate !

As a fellow apologist for Lauren Panella, there's no denying that her drive on Mach Beauty was unfortunate. Smolda moving up the track carrying Beautide with him didn't help. She should of stayed inside and I bet Glen Craven and Gavin Lang wish they had too. Todd pulled their pants down from 5 fenced to 2nd.

She's not a dangerous driver, she made a mistake. She didn't cut Rock in half a week early, that's nonsense. There was slight interference and she got time for it.

The issue that most here have with her is that she drives fit and fast horses aggressively and a lot of people in the industry don't like it. It's taken them out of their comfort zone. See at Harold Park and before drivers "got it" at Menangle, peeps were happy to go along to the races, draw a gate with a nice horse, stroll to the front and win a lot of races by sprinting a last Q. If you didn't draw a gate, hope for a piece and try again next week.

She's female, successful and gives the middle finger to the Status Quo. That's predominantly why the "Peanut Gallery" don't like her.

Horses run for her when they don't or haven't for others. She's a great talent. I have no problem putting my hard earned on.

+ Reply to Thread