Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When is a QDT not enough

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Sorry mate !

As a fellow apologist for Lauren Panella, there's no denying that her drive on Mach Beauty was unfortunate. Smolda moving up the track carrying Beautide with him didn't help. She should of stayed inside and I bet Glen Craven and Gavin Lang wish they had too. Todd pulled their pants down from 5 fenced to 2nd.

She's not a dangerous driver, she made a mistake. She didn't cut Rock in half a week early, that's nonsense. There was slight interference and she got time for it.

The issue that most here have with her is that she drives fit and fast horses aggressively and a lot of people in the industry don't like it. It's taken them out of their comfort zone. See at Harold Park and before drivers "got it" at Menangle, peeps were happy to go along to the races, draw a gate with a nice horse, stroll to the front and win a lot of races by sprinting a last Q. If you didn't draw a gate, hope for a piece and try again next week.

She's female, successful and gives the middle finger to the Status Quo. That's predominantly why the "Peanut Gallery" don't like her.

Horses run for her when they don't or haven't for others. She's a great talent. I have no problem putting my hard earned on.
    Hi Bob

Have you read the stewards report from the Lettucerockthem race, he received Lacerations to the fore and was also found to be lame which Lauren received time for so I find it hard to believe you call it nonsense. A mistake happens once and shouldn't happen twice within 8 days, also Newcastle November Lauren received time for steering her horse into another driver and horse after the completion of the race which to me shows no respect for fellow driver's and there horses. And also just to let you know I have No problem with female driver's and if it was a male I probably would be saying a bit more.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Bob my comments are with regards Mister Livan not Nike Franco!!

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Bob, you have to be a buffoon. There may be a few who do not like her but how do you personally know why that is so.
    As for successful female - she is just another of the very many.
    Stop clouding the facts and making it a popularity contest - what she did to IV was dreadful, dangerous and an error that a pro should not be making or one that they should pay heavily for.
    How would you feel if some of that supposedly 'hard earned' of yours had managed to buy a share of IV?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Bob, have another look at the replays....please.... L Panella on both occasions DID NOT TURN HER HEAD and look to see if she was clear to move out. She might have a medical reason for her lack of neck movement but these 2 drives were dangerous to the other competitors for this reason.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Reading thru the posts I couldn't help but think of Top Gun

Maverick: What's your problem, Kazansky?
    Iceman: You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.
    Maverick: That's right! Ice... man. I am dangerous.

She's good....but she's sure as sh** dangerous!! IMO

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    [QUOTE=p plater;31060]Bob, have another look at the replays....please.... L Panella on both occasions DID NOT TURN HER HEAD and look to see if she was clear to move out. She might have a medical reason for her lack of neck movement but these 2 drives were dangerous to the other competitors for this reason.[/QUOTE
    A lot of drivers seem to be able to sense if there are horses around them and will also have a glance over their shoulder before pulling out or changing direction, A skill that Ms Panella seems to be lacking at this present time. I'm not exactly sure what happens in the stewards room when a driver is dragged in and suspended, But surely they could point out to a driver where they have made an error in judgement and highlight this during the suspension process.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 03-08-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Watched the replay again last night, this time got the other half to watch it...now she knows about 2/10ths of SFA about racing (bit like me really), and asked her to watch the one in the pinky colours racing on the fence, I didn't tell her it was a female driver...her reactions went something like this "Oh my gosh, why did he just pull out like that, he nearly knocked over half the field, he didn't even look...he should have just stayed there until there was some room to come out, he should have waited because there wasn't any room. That was just dangerous, someone could have got hurt, what happened to him after the race?"

I told her a very very good horse got injured real bad and the driver was a girl and she got eight weeks...asked her, do you think the penalty was enough...she said probably not, but it sounds like she shouldn't be in the game!

I have always had a soft spot for Lauren...but I don't think any driver should receive special treatment and each case should be handled on their own merits.

Taking into account the importance of the race, the quality of horses involved and the fact it is this sports showpiece, then the penalty should fit the crime and in this case the penalty doesn't match the injustice served to the other participants.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Watched the replay again last night, this time got the other half to watch it...now she knows about 2/10ths of SFA about racing (bit like me really), and asked her to watch the one in the pinky colours racing on the fence, I didn't tell her it was a female driver...her reactions went something like this "Oh my gosh, why did he just pull out like that, he nearly knocked over half the field, he didn't even look...he should have just stayed there until there was some room to come out, he should have waited because there wasn't any room. That was just dangerous, someone could have got hurt, what happened to him after the race?"

I told her a very very good horse got injured real bad and the driver was a girl and she got eight weeks...asked her, do you think the penalty was enough...she said probably not, but it sounds like she shouldn't be in the game!

I have always had a soft spot for Lauren...but I don't think any driver should receive special treatment and each case should be handled on their own merits.

Taking into account the importance of the race, the quality of horses involved and the fact it is this sports showpiece, then the penalty should fit the crime and in this case the penalty doesn't match the injustice served to the other participants.
    Firstly Brad, for telling other half about the trots you are stood down pending enquiry!!

But you are right! Watching replay too other night early AM when young daughter up 'wandering'. Sit her couch and keep watching. She say "Are you allowed to crash people in trots?". No. "But that one did".

Am absolutely no way critic of drivers!! The opposite in fact. 500+kg going 50kmh+ controlled by 2 thin strips leather. Need to make split second decisions on top of that.

But...that was not a good look.

Banned Foal arewetheiryet will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    chris davis
    Both of Lauren Panella's drives were reckless. She showed a complete lack of respect an put the health and safety of all drivers and horses at risk. She should have been given 12 weeks the first time with lettucerockthem. To be given 18 days for that was insulting and embarrassing for the industry. In both cases the horses were badly injured, one will never race again, the other out for who knows how long. I can't understand this weak approach buy stewards, were drivers are suspended and aloud to drive another week just because theirs big races on. It acts as no deterrent when you have big races in following weeks. If your a trainer and get suspened thats it, your suspened from that day and your horses the following week are scratched.

+ Reply to Thread